Windows 10: Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Microsoft Edge provides a reading view for a more streamlined clean and simple layout, book-like reading experience of webpages, without the distraction of unrelated or other secondary content on the page. This will bring whatever you're reading front-and-center. You can even change the reading view style and font size to suit your mood.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17074, Microsoft overhauled the look and feel of the reading and Books experiences in Microsoft Edge, bringing a new, consistent, more powerful experience across all your documents, whether theyre EPUB or PDF books, documents, or web pages in Reading View.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off reading view in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

*note If the Reading view
    Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    icon is grayed out, then that webpage does not support turning on reading view for it.

*note If the Reading view icon is black, then reading view is currently turned off.

*note If the Reading view icon is blue, then reading view is currently turned on.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On Reading View in Microsoft Edge
    • Option Two: To Turn Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge

EXAMPLE: Reading View in Microsoft Edge

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On Reading View in Microsoft Edge
    1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. While on a webpage you want to turn on reading view for, do step 3 or step 4 below for how you would like to toggle on reading view.

3. Press the Ctrl + Shift + R keys.

OR
    4. Click/tap on the Reading view
    icon. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge
    1. While on a webpage you want to turn off reading view for, do step 2, step 3, or step 4 below for how you would like to toggle off reading view.

2. Go to another website or webpage.

OR

3. Press the Ctrl + Shift + R keys.

OR
    4. Click/tap on the Reading view
    icon. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, Aug 5, 2015
  2. ConiGL Win User

Why does rotating mouse wheel result in horizontal scroll instead of vertical scroll, after 12/2017 Windows 10 update

Yes it is built into edge by design. You are right there is not always a truly blank area in which to click. There is supposed to be a key board function to stop the horizontal page scroll.I have wanted to disable it completely but the only solution I have
    found so far is to not use edge.

2 ways to turn on/off reading view in Microsoft Edge:

Way 1: Turn it on/off by keyboard shortcuts.

Press Ctrl+Shift+R on the keyboard.

Way 2: Enable or disable it via the reading view icon.

On the top line in Microsoft Edge, click the Reading view icon (i.e. the book icon).

only they do not work.

ConiGL, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Why my 'Reading View' in Microsoft Edge doesn't work sometimes?

well...1st of all , thx for ur response, and I read the page that u posted.

2nd...frankly... I don't think this is the issue that related specifically to my home PC.

I've try this on 4 different PCs, 2 at work ,2 at home. And all the them acting the same way. So...like my question above, 'What’s the reason that could cause this issue?
    or... is this an issue ?'

Maybe it's just need to tuning something ? or maybe edge can't recognize some dedicated character in the page that could cause reading view unavailable ? I don't know.... so....here I am...

GhostFairy, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Reading

2. Windows edge reading view

in Browsers and Email
    Windows edge reading view: Can you set reading view as a default in windows edge? Don 8941
  3. Change Text Spacing in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Spacing in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Spacing in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 How to Change Text Spacing in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...
  4. Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10: How to: Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 How to Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  5. Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  6. How to Use Grammar Tools in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Use Grammar Tools in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10: How to: How to Use Grammar Tools in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 How to Get and Use Grammar Tools in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...
  7. Turn On or Off Line Focus in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Line Focus in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Line Focus in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Line Focus in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...
  8. Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Extensions in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible...
  9. Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows...
  10. Turn On or Off Cortana in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your...