Windows 10: Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Backup Schedule in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Windows Backup Schedule in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature (aka: Windows Backup) was originally included in Windows 7. It was deprecated in Windows 8 and removed in in Windows 8.1, but has been included in Windows 10.

While you can use Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to restore any Windows 7 backups on your Windows 10 PC, you can also use it to back up and restore files on your Windows 10 PC.

Windows Backup will backup all files in the libraries, folders, and drives you choose or let Windows choose. You will have a choice to include a system image in the backup. You can also choose to have these items be backed up on a regular schedule.

After you have set up Windows Backup, you can turn on or off running the backup on an automatic schedule as needed.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off running Windows Backup on an automatic schedule for your Windows 10 PC.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to turn on or off the schedule for Windows Backup.

Note If you would like to make changes to the schedule, you can do so by changing settings for Windows Backup.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Windows Backup Schedule in "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)"
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Windows Backup Schedule in Elevated Command Prompt

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Windows Backup Schedule in "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)"
    1. Open Settings, click/tap on the Update & security icon, click/tap on Backup on the left side, and click/tap on the Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7) link under Looking for and older backup on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Note You can also open Backup and Restore (Windows 7) by opening the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) icon.

2. Do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you want.

3. To Turn On Schedule for Windows Backup
    A) Click/tap on the Turn on schedule link. (see screenshot below)

B) You will now notice the Schedule status showing your schedule settings. Go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. To Turn Off Schedule for Windows Backup
    A) Click/tap on the Turn off schedule link at the top left corner. (see screenshot below)

B) You will now notice the Schedule status showing None. Select Back up now to run backup manually. Go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can now close Backup and Restore (Windows 7) if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Windows Backup Schedule in Elevated Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you want.

3. To Turn On Schedule for Windows Backup
    A) Enter the command below into the elevated command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow sdclt.exe /ENABLEJOB

4. To Turn Off Schedule for Windows Backup
    A) Enter the command below into the elevated command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow sdclt.exe /DISABLEJOB

5. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 10, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10

Permanently Disable File History Backup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the back up and check if it helps.

• Press windows+X and click on control panel.
    • Then click on “backup and restore option”.
    • Then click on the option “turn on schedule”.
    • Then on the left hand side you will get the option ”Turn off schedule”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
  5. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10 :p

de.das.dude, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Schedule

2. Turn On or Off Remember my preferences for Windows Backup

in Windows 10 News
    Turn On or Off Remember my preferences for Windows Backup: [ATTACH]This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Remember my preferences feature for Windows Backup on your Windows 11 PC. Windows backup helps you to backup your settings and data, including files, themes, installed apps, passwords, and WiFi information for...
  3. Windows 10 Scheduled Optimization keeps turning off after rebooting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Scheduled Optimization keeps turning off after rebooting: [ATTACH] So every time I try to set "schedule optimization" on to monthly and set it to the hard drives I want it always shuts off when I restart my computer and I can't seem to figure out why, and I can't seem to find solid info of other users having the same issue. I've...
  4. backup and restore - I turned off schedule and now backup and restore is frozen- help plse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backup and restore - I turned off schedule and now backup and restore is frozen- help plse: switched off schedule on backup and restore, now its hanging and I cannot open the app. windows 10 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore-i-turned-off-schedule-and-now/230c783c-a4ad-4fa1-aedd-397d85844006
  5. Backup scheduling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup scheduling in Windows 10: I recently purchased a Seagate 4TB external hard drive and would like to schedule it to backup files from my Windows 10 PC. However, the only option I see is with Windows 10 File History which does not provide scheduling other than several hours or daily. I used to use...
  6. Windows 10 Dual monitors with Displays that turn off and on with a schedule

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dual monitors with Displays that turn off and on with a schedule: Hi, I a windows 10 PC that auto logs in with an account and displays two applications on two separate Displays. Dell 3040 sff windows 10 pro 1903 two display to HDMI cables running to TVs. my issue is that when the displays turn off and then back on. the applications are...
  7. Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program?: When using Windows 10 built in back up program to make an image, can Windows Defender continue to run or should it be turned off during the process? I have been making image backups with WD running, but then I have never had to use the backup to restore an image. Just want...
  8. How to turn off Windows backup completely

How to turn off Windows backup completely: Have turned off file history backup via settings but Windows keeps taking a "snapshot"of my C: disc and putting it on my external HD. Is there something else that I have to turn off? 74006
  9. Scheduling backup

Scheduling backup: Hi folks I just decided to use File history as a backup for Windows 10. I'm backing up to a 1TB Hard Drive. How can I tell File History to start the backup at a specific time each day when I'm not busy or when the computer is still active? Thanks in advance Bob H 95322
  10. Turn On or Off OneDrive PC Folder Backup Protection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive PC Folder Backup Protection in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive PC Folder Backup Protection in Windows 10 How Turn On or Off OneDrive PC Folder Backup for Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders in Windows 10 OneDrive is free online storage that comes with your Microsoft account. Save your files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off windows backup windows 10