Windows 10: Turn On or Off Show Color Only On Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Show Color Only On Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Show Color Only On Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Color Only On Taskbar in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Night Hawk, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Turn On or Off Show Color Only On Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Show Color Only On Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Show Color Only On Taskbar in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Show Color Only On Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information When you change the color in Windows 10, it will change the color of your Start menu accents, Start button, taskbar, title bars, window borders, buttons, text, Settings accents, sign-in screen accents, and Action Center accents.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off only showing color on taskbar without affecting title bar color for your account in Windows 10.

Note You will need to keep Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center turned on to have the color show for these items. The downloadable .bat files in the tutorial will turn it on for you.

If you turn off show color only on taskbar, your chosen color will show on Start, taskbar, and action center.

If you turn on show color only on taskbar, your chosen color will only show on the taskbar and not on Start and action center.

EXAMPLE: Show color only on taskbar on and off

Here's How:

Note The .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize

ColorPrevalence DWORD

1 = Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center
    2 = Show color only on taskbar

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Show Color Only on Taskbar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Show_Color_Only_on_Taskbar.bat

Download

3. To Turn Off Show Color Only on Taskbar
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Show_Color_Only_on_Taskbar.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .bat file to run it.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly open and close as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Night Hawk, Nov 30, 2015

2. windows 10 change color of toolbar

Okay. There are only a bunch of colors you can select from there, so do the following:

• Navigate to Settings>Personalization>Colors. Select the desired color.
    • Turn on Show color on Action center, taskbar and title bar.
    If you want color on Taskbar only, here is the article:

Tweak Colorization Settings for Titlebar, Taskbar and Start .
    Run the registry edit according to your need.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 30, 2015
  3. dant02106 Win User
    taskbar tranparency

Trying to get taskbar transparent in Windows 10. I went to settings, then to personalization, clicked colors, auto pic is on, show color on taskbar is off, make taskbar transparent in ON. Taskbar remains black. Is there another way to make taskbar transparent?
    I am at a loss.

Thanks,

Dan

dant02106, Nov 30, 2015
  4. spiron Win User

Turn On or Off Show Color Only On Taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Shawn great trick, thank you. But some elements i.e. the notification panel, language panel and taskbar thumbnails keep the same color as the taskbar. Is there any way to change that too? Basically what I'm asking is is there a way to change only the color of titlebars e.g. green titlebars with black taskbar? And why this trick isn't build in in settings? Thanks

spiron, Apr 2, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello spiron, *Smile

Yeah, it would be nice if this was included in Settings.

I haven't seen a way yet to have a separate color for the taskbar and active title bars, but you could have a separate color for inactive title bars.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 2, 2016
  6. spiron Win User
    Hey Shawn it turns out there is a way to have different color taskbar and title bars and I found it with a simple google search. Maybe you can add this in your tutorial. It's quite simple:

Step one turn off "show color on start, taskbar, action center and title bar" in settings/personalization/colors.

Step two open registry and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM.
    Set "ColorPrevalence" to 1.

That's it now you have different color taskbar and title bars. If you turn on "show color on start, taskbar, action center and title bar" "ColorPrevalence" goes back to 0 and you have to do it all over again.

I just don't understand why this isn't included as an option in settings. Anyway cheers.

spiron, Apr 2, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, if you don't mind a white title bar, you could turn off showing the color on title bars. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 2, 2016
  8. spiron Win User

Turning off "show color on start, taskbar, action center and title bar" gives you a white title bar and a black task bar.
    Changing "ColorPrevalence" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM from 0 to 1, gives you back color title bars, while leaving taskbar black. It's working in my system as I'm writing this. And you can still change inactive title bars.

spiron, Apr 2, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 2, 2016
  10. That's what I did too! *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Show Color Only On Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Show

2. Windows 10 colors after turn OFF and ON monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 colors after turn OFF and ON monitor: Why does monitor having worse colors and brightness after OFF and ON. I explain, when i turn on PC everything is fine, but when i turn monitor OFF and then ON monitor having worse colors. I have two PC, and two monitors, both of them have different GPUs, one PC has RTX 4070...
  3. News in Taskbar is turned off but keeps showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    News in Taskbar is turned off but keeps showing up: I checked the registry and the value to turn off news is set to 2. The 'off' setting is checked on the taskbar options. How do I turn it off?...
  4. News in Taskbar is turned off but keeps showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News in Taskbar is turned off but keeps showing up: I checked the registry and the value to turn off news is set to 2. The 'off' setting is checked on the taskbar options. How do I turn it off?...
  5. How to turn Accent Color On or Off for Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn Accent Color On or Off for Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows 11 comes with different attractive themes. You can apply your favorite theme via the Settings app. When you apply a theme, Windows automatically applies color to the Taskbar and the Start menu as per the selected theme. But if you want, you can change the...
  6. Turn off Windows 10 taskbar popups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off Windows 10 taskbar popups?: I want to turn off all taskbar popups in Windows 10. Some apps, such as Line (a messaging app) cause the taskbar to popup every time I receive a new notification. Another app, Evernote, always causes the taskbar to appear whenever I create a new note using Evernote's...
  7. Show colors on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show colors on the Taskbar: Start and Action center is greyed out in Settings, on version 1903. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-colors-on-the-taskbar/8b19deda-1ef6-492e-8156-d81ed03f841c
  8. Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 16215, Windows 10 now includes color filters at the system level, including filters designed to make it easier...
  9. Turn On or Off Show Color on Title Bars in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Color on Title Bars in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Color on Title Bars and Borders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Accent Color on Title Bars and Borders in Windows 10 When you change the accent color in Windows 10, it will change the color of your Start menu accents, Start button,...
  10. Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes a new black system theme across the Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. There is now support...