Windows 10: Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Visual Effects when using Pen in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Visual Effects when using Pen in Windows 10

If your Windows 10 device has a pen or another type of stylus, you can customize what your pen does and how it works with your PC.

You can turn on or off to show a cursor when you hover your pen over the screen.

You can turn on or off to show visual effects (ex: ripple) when you touch your pen on the screen.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to show a cursor and visual effects when using a pen for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Visual Effects when using Pen in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Visual Effects when using Pen using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Visual Effects when using Pen in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Show visual effects for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Show cursor for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close Settings if you like. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Visual Effects when using Pen using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors

PenVisualization DWORD

0 = Off "Show visual effects" and Off "Show cursor"
    3 = On "Show visual effects" and Off "Show cursor"
    20 = Off "Show visual effects" and On "Show cursor"
    23 = On "Show visual effects" and On "Show cursor"

1. Do step 2 (on - both), step 3 (off - both), step 4 (off effects & on cursor), or step 5 (on effects & off cursor) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On "Show visual effects" and Turn On "Show cursor" when using Pen
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 6 below.

Pen-Turn_ON_show_visual_effects_Turn_ON_show_cursor.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off "Show visual effects" and Turn Off "Show cursor" when using Pen
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 6 below.

Pen-Turn_OFF_show_visual_effects_Turn_OFF_show_cursor.reg

Download

4. To Turn Off "Show visual effects" and Turn On "Show cursor" when using Pen

Pen-Turn_OFF_show_visual_effects_Turn_ON_show_cursor.reg

Download

5. To Turn On "Show visual effects" and Turn Off "Show cursor" when using Pen

Pen-Turn_ON_show_visual_effects_Turn_OFF_show_cursor.reg

Download
    6. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

7. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

8. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

9. sign in to apply.

10. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 8, 2017
  2. Try3 Win User

Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Visual Effects when using Pen in Settings

I use a stylus on two Windows 10 computers.
    - On both of them I have found it very handy to delay recognition of long presses as right-clicks
    - This context menu facility can be useful at times so delaying it rather than stopping it suits me.

Control panel, Pen and touch, Press and hold - Settings
    Right-click mode activation [Speed] - Long
    OK

Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

By making this setting, I am protected from natural pauses when writing onscreen.
    - As I get better at using a pen onscreen I find that I am writing more naturally and that includes resting the pen on the screen momentarily at the end of words and sentences.
    - When context menus kept appearing it used to throw me off track completely.
    - This setting makes the system wait a few seconds before showing the context menu so context menus now only appear when I want them to.

Denis

3. Testerr Win User
    Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Visual Effects when using Pen in Settings

Can anyone extract from Windows Vista by using e.g. RegMonitor what registry key is changed when switching checkbox in Control Panel > Pen and Input Devices > Pointer Options: Show pen cursors instead of mouse cursors when I use my pen explained in this post?

(I don't have Vista anymore *Sad )

Testerr, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10

How to disable the cursor in Pen Mode

Hello Winfried,

This is an interesting issue. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, let me start by asking the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue occur to all of the application that can use pen functionalities? To check those apps, press
      Windows + W keys at the same time and select any apps under
      Windows Ink Workspace.
    • Does your device is set to Tablet mode? If not, you can toggle it to Tablet mode and check If the issue persists. To be guided on this, follow the steps provided on this
      link.

In the meantime, I'd suggest to turn off the Visual Effects and check if the issue persists. To do this, type
    Pen settings in the Search box and press
    Enter. Untick the Show the visual effects. Once done, restart your device to apply the changes.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Oct 27, 2019
  5. TraceyW Win User
    Disabling Pen Ripple in Win 10

Hi

This post is more a case of making information available to those who use tablets of whatever make or model hopefully to save a mass of searching for a solution to this problem.

I've been trying out Windows 10 Preview in a dual boot system and got the dreaded pen ripple which should I suppose be called pen cripple. Nevertheless, there is a nice easy way of turning it off. This is done by going into Settings, selecting Devices and then selecting Pen on the left. When this opens you will find two options: Show Visual Effects and Show Cursor both of which will probably be turned on. Switch them off and you're done. I found this solution on the following web site but felt this info should be more widely shared:

https://windows.uservoice.com/forums...ck-like-ripple

Give it a try - it should work. I have found though that the large ring appears when you right click although that is all it does, i.e. although it appears it does not hinder your work. Please bare in mind that at the time of writing I am still working with a Preview build although I don't expect this to change when Windows 10 is officially released, and I'm on the Home version of Win10. The great thing with this is that there is no messing around with the registry.

Tracey

TraceyW, Oct 27, 2019
  6. JBrownBox Win User
    Drawboard: Pen Cursor Problem

I need a large pen cursor while using Drawboard. The default one is too small.

3rd party apps like Pen Attention, Pen Focus, etc., are not able to show pen cursor on Drawboard for some reason!

So, my question is --

(1) Is there a way to customize pen cursor in Drawboard - something like a solid, semi-transparent circle?

(2) Are there any 3rd party pen-cursor-highlighting apps that work with Drawboard?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you.

JBrownBox, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Show

2. Cursor blue wheel not turning off Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor blue wheel not turning off Windows 10: About a week ago a blue wheel apeared next to my cursor and I cant get rid of it. Half way trough the spin the wheel crashes and restarts. I have tried everything checked every setting, deleted asus framework system please help ....
  3. My pen randomly turns off with the touchscreen turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pen randomly turns off with the touchscreen turning off: I have a Microsoft Surface laptop 5 i7, 16gb ram, 512gb storage and a surface pen with no clip. Whenever I use the pen on one note or any application that allows me to draw the pen would just randomly stop working with the touchscreen turning off as well. This only happens...
  4. My pen randomly turns off with the touchscreen turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pen randomly turns off with the touchscreen turning off: I have a Microsoft Surface laptop 5 i7, 16gb ram, 512gb storage and a surface pen with no clip. Whenever I use the pen on one note or any application that allows me to draw the pen would just randomly stop working with the touchscreen turning off as well. This only happens...
  5. Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10 by only using RegEdit ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10 by only using RegEdit ?: [ATTACH] I need to do the thing that we do normally using Settings -> Colors -> Transparency effects by using RegEdit. Is it possible? https://preview.redd.it/3k24uz0ur3p51.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=9613b547201b0e904a7cc29cb8a47104a03709ca submitted by...
  6. Get normal cursor back when using pen tablet?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get normal cursor back when using pen tablet?: Since the last Windows 10 update, every time I try to use my pen tablet to navigate in File Explorer or in any browser, my cursor turns in to a white dot with some tiny cross hairs and stops functioning normally. I can't select or enter text, and sometimes it won't even move...
  7. Turn On or Off Text Cursor Indicator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Text Cursor Indicator in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Text Cursor Indicator in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Text Cursor Indicator in Windows 10 The cursor is that blinking line at the end of what you are typing in Windows. Have you ever had an issue finding the text cursor in the middle of a...
  8. Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 device has a pen or another type of stylus, you can customize what your pen does and how it works with your...
  9. Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 device has a pen or another type of stylus, you can customize what your pen does and how it works with your PC....
  10. Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can turn on or off transparency effects for the Start, taskbar, and action center. This will also turn on or off the acryclic Fluent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mouse pointer crosshair windows ink download

2. windows 10 show wait cursor in tablet mode

3. sharp pen software uncheck show pen cursor