Windows 10: Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 A Tile is an image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Tony K, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Tony K Win User

Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10

A Tile is an image that represents a pinned app on Start. Live tiles on Start display information that are useful at a glance without opening an app.

The default for tile groups on Start is to have 3 columns of medium sized tiles, but Microsoft has heard feedback from many Insiders who wanted the ability to have a 4th column as well, so they could have two wide or large sized tiles side by side in a group. Starting with Windows 10 build 10547, a Show more tiles on Start setting has been added to be able to do this now. Windows 10 now supports up to 2048 tiles on Start.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Show more tiles on Start for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: "Show more tiles on Start" On and Off

Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Start on the left side, and turn on or off (default) Show more tiles on Start on the right side. (see screenshots below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Tony K, Sep 18, 2015

2. show more tiles in windows 10 cannot turn on

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• When exactly this started to happen?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer? Like installing any game or software?
    • Is your computer up to date with Windows Updates?
      Press Windows logo key + R, type winver and hit
      Enter key. Now see the build and version details.
    From the description, I suspect that the problem might be with corrupted User Profile or might be with the infected or missing System files. Suggest you to execute below mentioned troubleshooting steps and see if they sort out the issue.

Method 1:

These steps will repair any missing or corrupted system files,, if they causing any issues.

Step 1: Use System File Checker to repair damaged Windows files

Use the System File Checker tool to repair damaged Windows files. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows logo key + X, select Command Prompt(Admin).
    • Run the "sfc /scannow" command by copy/pasting it into the Command prompt(Admin) and hit
      Enter key.
    • Once it complete, try to install updates again to see if they work correctly
    For more information about the System File Checker tool, see
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Step 2: Run the DISM tool

If the problem continues, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool to fix Windows Update corruption errors. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows logo key + X, select Command Prompt(Admin).
    • Run the "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" command by copy/pasting it into the Command prompt(Admin) and hit
      Enter key
    • Once it complete, try to install updates again to see if they work correctly.
    Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if your Windows Update client is already broken, use a running Windows installation as the repair
    source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

Note: Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference

Repair a Windows Image

To learn more about this tool, see
    Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool

Method 2:

If an app or update that you recently installed caused problems with your PC, you can restore Windows back to an earlier point in time, called a restore point. System Restore doesn’t change your personal files, but it might remove
    recently installed apps and drivers.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select
      Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel
      for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.
    Note

• If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. To check, go to the Control Panel, search for Recovery, and then select Recovery > Configure System Restore >
      Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is selected.
    Method 3:

Sometimes corrupted User Profile causes this kind of behavior. Suggest you to try setting up another User Profile to see if it makes any difference.
    Refer the article Set up accounts on Windows 10.
    Once you set up another User Profile, check and see if the same thing happens there.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 18, 2015
  3. show more tiles in windows 10 cannot turn on

hello there maybe someone can help me

im using windows 10 pro edition and i cannot drag my tiles when i right click its only more option and cannot delete too. then i go to my personalize and check start menu, i cannot turn on "show more tiles" maybe someone can help me?

thanks

akirarifki, Sep 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

LOL, I hear that. You can never have enough tiles. *Wink

Brink, Sep 18, 2015
  5. mfaklis Win User
    This setting in the Personalization -> Start is not in my production build 10240 of Win 10 Pro x64.

mfaklis, Sep 20, 2015
  6. Tony K Win User
    Hi there. This is for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10547 as stated in the green information box of this tutorial.

Tony K, Sep 20, 2015
  7. SunnyBoy Win User
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what registry key this setting relates to? I can't seem to find where it is changed in the registry.

Thanks heaps! *Smile

SunnyBoy, Oct 15, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello SunnyBoy, *Smile

I'm still hunting, but no luck yet.

Brink, Oct 15, 2015
  9. lx07 Win User
    Unfortunately according to Process Monitor changing this flag updates the %localappdata%\TileDataLayer\database not the registry.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Show

2. How to show more Pinned Tiles on Windows 11 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to show more Pinned Tiles on Windows 11 Start Menu: [ATTACH]Windows 11 is one of the hottest topics in the town of tech. The developers are adding new features and the consumers are loving it. There is a new feature in this OS that allows you to add more programs to the Start Menu. In this article, we are going to see how to...
  3. Show more tiles is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show more tiles is not working: Can someone please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-more-tiles-is-not-working/1fc3ebfd-de6d-40ec-8e01-d2e2f98907cb
  4. Turn off tiles in Start Menu

Turn off tiles in Start Menu: I saw how to disable the apps in the Start Menu. Can the tiles be disabled? I have never used them and never will. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tiles-in-start-menu/deb68d78-20e3-4c60-a11f-33eb505ec97c
  5. start menu not showing tiles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start menu not showing tiles: start menu not showing tiles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-showing-tiles/21e7436d-100f-4d21-aa5d-0d3ea3f2dd29
  6. Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken

Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken: In Windows 1709, with "Show More Tiles" enabled the start menu extends to within about an inch of the right side of the screen. A maximum width equal to eight medium sized tiles: [ATTACH] In Windows 1803, with "Show More Tiles" disabled, it displays the same as 1709,...
  7. Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared

Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared: Hi all, please help me to solve this problem. I am using Windows 10 Home edition. After i formatted it (still the same edition), i found that my Start Settings is different. This Settings suppose look like this, [img] BUT, RIGHT NOW, it look like this, [img]...
  8. Enable or Disable Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 A Tile is an image that represents a pinned app on Start. Live tiles on Start display information that are useful at a glance without opening...
  9. Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10 How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10 A tile is a modern apps representation on the Start screen in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. Windows 10 includes a new...
  10. Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off 'Show more tiles' on Start in Windows 10 Mobile for Phones [img] Information A Tile is an image that represents your app on the Start screen. When Show more tiles is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on start menu show more tiles and it turns off