Windows 10: Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by nigelmercier, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Show Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

After you see photos[/b] from your Android phone.

Your Phone is an app that runs on your PC. It is preinstalled in Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Version 1809) and it's available to download in Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803).

The Your Phone app only gets photos that are in the Camera Roll or Screenshots folders on your Android phone. If you moved or saved your photos to a different folder on your Android phone, they will not appear in the Your Phone app.

The Your Phone app gets your recent photos from your Android phone over Wi-Fi, but it does not store your photos online.

To minimize network bandwidth and maximize performance, the Your Phone app only shows your 25 most recent photos and screenshots from your Android phone.

As you take more photos on your Android phone, temporary copies of the older photos are removed from your PC. So if you think you'll need an older photo later, be sure to copy it from the Your Phone app before it gets replaced by any new photos.

The Your Phone app gets a copy of your recent photos from your Android phone and stores the copy as a temporary file on your PC. If you delete the temporary file on your PC, it does not affect the original photo on your phone. If you use the Your Phone app to edit the copy of the photo on your PC, it does not affect the original photo on your phone.

See also: Your Phone app help | Microsoft Support

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing photos from your Android phone in the Your Phone app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Show Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On Show Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app

EXAMPLE: Photos from Android phone in Your Phone app on PC

Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Show Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app Settings
    1. Open the Your Phone app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings (gear) icon. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Photos, turn on (default) or off Allow this app to show photos from my phone for what you want.

4. You can now close the Your Phone app if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On Show Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app
    1. Open the Your Phone app.

2. Click/tap on the Photos icon. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the See photos button.

4. When finished, you can close the Your Phone app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

nigelmercier, Jul 19, 2015
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Your Phone app now syncing notifications from Phone to Windows 10 PC Insider

UPDATE 4/26: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18885 (20H1) - April 26

#WindowsInsiders using the #YourPhone app, we got even more for you! We have just begin a staged roll-out of syncing notifications from your phone to PC!

Yes! Dismiss on your PC and it will be dismissed on your phone and viceversa.

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

New features now available for Your Phone app in Windows 10

New features rolling out for the Your Phone app in Windows 10:

#WindowsInsiders we have added an Emoji button so it is easier to add emoji into your texts in the #YourPhone app . This is in addition to the shortcut (Windows+.) but we heard some of you didn't know about it.

We added another handy option to the right-click menu for photos in #YourPhone app. In addition to copy & share you can now save a photo directly into your PC! What else would you like us see add to the app? Submit your suggestions in Feedback Hub!

You asked for it #WindowsInsiders We have now started rolling out contact pictures in #YourPhone . So if you have photos assigned to your contacts on your Android phone you'll see those same photos for them in the app.

#WindowsInsiders have you noticed that the #YourPhone app icon in the task bar will get a badge (another icon on top) when you have new messages? What do you think?

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. johngalt Win User
    Turn On Show Notifications from Android Phone in Your Phone app in Your Phone app Settings

Wonder how well this works on Android Q DP2 build 32 - time to test.

Connected phone. Nothing working so far. No SMS, No photos, and the Phone screen preview throws up the following:

I suspect that it is because of the BT requirement, and I don't currently have BT actually working (although I do have a Logitech universal adapter for my mouse, but it is not true bluetooth, from what I ma reading).

johngalt, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    New Phone Insider app for Windows 10 preview for Phones?

Unfortunately, at the moment, there's no way to sign into the app, which would suggest that it's not ready for the public to fully check out.

Microsoft already has a Preview for Developers app for Windows Phone 8.1 that allows users to download new builds of the OS before they are made available to wireless carriers. This new app would seem, at first glance, to be something different. However, we stress that Microsoft has yet to officially state they are launching a preview version of Windows 10 for smartphones. So take this speculation (and everyone else's) with a grain of salt.

Read more: New Microsoft Phone Insider app may be a prelude to a Windows 10 preview for phones

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Show Photos from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Show

2. Your phone app Windows - turn off calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your phone app Windows - turn off calls: Hello,I'm not sure how this feature got turned on in the Your phone app, but I can't seem to turn it off. I have turned off "Allow this app to make and manage calls", but that has had no effect.Many thanks,Tim...
  3. Your phone app Windows - turn off calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your phone app Windows - turn off calls: Hello,I'm not sure how this feature got turned on in the Your phone app, but I can't seem to turn it off. I have turned off "Allow this app to make and manage calls", but that has had no effect.Many thanks,Tim...
  4. Your Phone not showing Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone not showing Apps: I've connected Your Phone to my PC and the only thing it's not showing are my Apps. The account email is the same so what am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-not-showing-apps/1816065d-75ce-4416-8ab5-c1491bc31721
  5. Your Phone not showing Apps

Your Phone not showing Apps: I've connected Your Phone to my PC and the only thing it's not showing are my Apps. The account email is the same so what am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-not-showing-apps/1816065d-75ce-4416-8ab5-c1491bc31721
  6. "Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...

"Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...: Hi guys i am trying to troubleshoot my issue for an about month now, still no luck. My phone is clear Android, Nokia 8. As text messages are showing up properly the account must be linked properly. I tried to unlink the phone from my Microsoft account, resetting apps both...
  7. Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On and Setup or Turn Off Calls in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC for Android Phone Microsoft has made an early preview of a new Calls feature available for the Windows Insiders....
  8. Turn On or Off Mirror Phone Screen in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Mirror Phone Screen in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Mirror Phone Screen in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mirror Android Phone Screen in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC Starting with Windows 10 build 18356.16, Microsoft added a new preview phone screen feature to the Your Phone...
  9. See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC: How to: See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC How to See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you see photos from your Android phone. Your Phone is an app that runs on your PC. It is preinstalled in Windows 10...
  10. Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. You will can only delete messages on...