Windows 10: Turn On or Off Show Pointer Location with CTRL Key in Windows

Discus and support Turn On or Off Show Pointer Location with CTRL Key in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Show Pointer Location with CTRL Key in Windows [img] Information It's not hard to lose track of where the pointer is on your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Show Pointer Location with CTRL Key in Windows

How to: Turn On or Off Show Pointer Location with CTRL Key in Windows

Turn On or Off Show Pointer Location with CTRL Key in Windows [​IMG]
    Information It's not hard to lose track of where the pointer is on your display(s) in Windows.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to show location of the pointer when the CTRL key is pressed for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Show pointer when CTRL key is pressed

Here's How:

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Mouse icon.

2. Click/tap on the Pointer Options tab, check (on) or uncheck (off - default) the Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key box under Visibility for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 7, 2017
  2. scd146 Win User

Is Pointer Location available in Windows 10

On previous versions of Windows I used to use the ctrl key plus another (can't remember) to show pointer location. Is this available in Windows 10?

scd146, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Black spot under mouse pointer

Just a wild shot: you don't have the "Show location pointer when I press the CTRL key" enabled under mouse settings in the control panel do you? That's the only possible reason I could think of, but still unlikely.

Jimmy 2004, Oct 26, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Ctrl key on German QWERTZ keyboard?

Just tried the STRG key and yes thats the Ctrl key! *Stick Out Tongue Turn On or Off Show Pointer Location with CTRL Key in Windows :p
    Did not try that before since I was not familiar with these keys.

Thanks!

P4-630, Oct 26, 2019
  5. touch pad/pointer

[*]
    Hi Jon,

[*]
    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

[*]

Please try below steps and check if it helps.

• Open “Start Menu”.

• Go to “Control Panel”.

• Find “Mouse” and click on it. “Mouse Properties” should open.

• Go to “Pointer Options” and check “Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key”:

[*]
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

[*]
    Thank you.

[*]

Vardhaman Shetti, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Unable to turn on Location in Windows 10

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

• Did you check if the same issue occurs when you log in to Windows using a different Local Administrator user account?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the steps to try and fix the issue:

Step 1:

Follow the steps to change the region:

a) Type “Region” on the Search and click on
    Change your country or region option from the search results.

b) Now choose the location from the drop down menu to change the region. (As per your location)

Move to the next step.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to turn On Windows location platform on the computer and check if it helps.

You can follow the steps:

a) Type

b) Click on
    Change Location settings

c) Check the box which states “Turn ON Windows location platform” and “Help improve Windows Location services”.

e) Click on Apply.

Proceed to the next step.

Step 3:

If you are trying to use location settings for an app, I would suggest you to turn ON the settings to allow apps to use the location on the computer.

Follow the steps:

a) Type
    l
    ocation on the Search.

b) Click on
    Location privacy settings

c) Move the slider towards the right to turn ON settings for ‘Let Windows apps use my location’.

Restart the computer once after making the changes.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Location service in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Show Pointer Location with CTRL Key in Windows - Similar Threads - Turn Off Show

2. Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10: I have three monitors so that feature is very useful to me. As I was trying to use it today, I realized it wasn't working. I checked and saw that the option was still enabled. I did disable it, apply and re-enabled it. The current options show "Display pointer trails" set to...
  3. Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10: I have three monitors so that feature is very useful to me. As I was trying to use it today, I realized it wasn't working. I checked and saw that the option was still enabled. I did disable it, apply and re-enabled it. The current options show "Display pointer trails" set to...
  4. Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 11: For a few months now, the Show pointer location when I press the CTRL key feature has stopped working on my Windows 11 computer.The setting is still available under Settings > Bluetooth & Devices > Mouse > Additional mouse settings tab:Pointer Options > Visibility > Show...
  6. Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 11

Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 11: For a few months now, the Show pointer location when I press the CTRL key feature has stopped working on my Windows 11 computer.The setting is still available under Settings > Bluetooth & Devices > Mouse > Additional mouse settings tab:Pointer Options > Visibility > Show...
  7. How to turn off Windows Key “ Window + Ctrl + D”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Windows Key “ Window + Ctrl + D”: I’ve looked everywhere on how to disable the “Windows + Ctrl + D” key. When I play video games, I use ctrl to move faster, and WASD to move around. I’ve had this recurring problem where when I mean to press ctrl + d, my hand/finger accidentally clicks on the windows button,...
  8. How to turn off Windows Key “ Window + Ctrl + D”

How to turn off Windows Key “ Window + Ctrl + D”: I’ve looked everywhere on how to disable the “Windows + Ctrl + D” key. When I play video games, I use ctrl to move faster, and WASD to move around. I’ve had this recurring problem where when I mean to press ctrl + d, my hand/finger accidentally clicks on the windows button,...
  9. Files of the "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key" location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files of the "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key" location: Where are the files for the 'show location of pointer when I press the ctrl key'? I am a tinkerer and want to change the files so it makes a different animation around the cursor, but I cannot because I don't know where the files where the information of the animation/images...
  10. Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer: So every now and then Mouse Keys gets turned on. I'm not sure how, maybe some keyboard shortcut gets accidentally pressed to turn it on while I'm cleaning it? Anyways, I went to turn it off and when I do, it disables my mouse pointer. How do I fix this? I can't use my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i check to see if ive turned off pointer via keyboard