Windows 10: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10.

Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10

In Windows 10, you can press Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Tab to switch between open windows.

Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled study. The concept behind Sets is to make sure that everything related to your task: relevant webpages, research documents, necessary files and applications, is connected and available to you in one click. Office (starting with Mail & Calendar and OneNote), Windows, and Edge become more integrated to create a seamless experience, so you can get back to whats important and be productive, recapturing that moment, saving time Microsoft believes thats the true value of Sets.

Sets: With all the elements that go into a task, sometimes convincing yourself to get started is the hardest part. Sets help you keep webpages, documents, files, and apps connected, while remaining just one click away. When you close a file that includes a group of tabs, itll help you bring those tabs back to life the next time you open it. Whether its something you pick up later in the day or in a couple weeks, Sets is being designed to help you keep the important things together.

Add tabs to apps: To help fuel Sets, most apps will be able to add app and web tabs. When you select a link in something like an e-mail, itll open in a new tab next to the app you were using. Selecting the plus (+) in an app will take you to a new tab page, which will help you jump to your next location. You might already know where you want to go, or just need a little bit of inspiration. From here, youll be able to search your PC and the internet, access customized feeds, open frequently used websites and apps, and get suggestions based on your recent activity.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17639, tabs are now included in Alt+Tab to switch between them. You can now set to show the most recent used Windows only or Windows and tabs when pressing Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Tab.

*note If you have multiple Microsoft Edge windows in a Set, only the one most recently accessed will be visible in Alt+Tab.

This tutorial will show you how to show the most recently used Windows only or Windows and tabs when pressing Alt+Tab for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab using a REG file
    EXAMPLE: Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Settings

*note Tabs in apps will need to be turned on to be able to do this option.
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Multitasking on the left side, select Windows only or Windows and tabs (default) for what you want in the Pressing Alt+Tab shows the most recently used drop menu under Sets on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab using a REG file

*note Tabs in apps will need to be turned on to be able to do this option.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

AltTabExcludeInactiveTabs DWORD

0 = Windows and tabs
    1 = Windows only

1. Do step 2 (Windows and tabs) or step 3 (Windows only) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show most recently used "Windows and tabs" when pressing Alt+Tab
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Alt+Tab_shows_Windows_and_tabs.reg

Download

3. To Show most recently used "Windows only" when pressing Alt+Tab
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Alt+Tab_shows_Windows_only.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 4, 2018

2. Turning off Wi-Fi Sensing in windows 10

I went to setting in windows 10 because I wanted to turn off Wi-Fi Sensing. All the discussions show there should be a setting tab for Wi-Fi- Sensing. I do not have such a tab. So how do I make sure it is turned on or off?

ronabramson, Apr 4, 2018
  3. Task switcher or Alt+Tab in Windows 10 - not showing all open instances of the same program/ application

Dear all,

I noted that in Windows 10, when using some program/ application with tabs (e.g. in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Internet Explorer), say if I have 4 tabs opened, with both Alt+Tab or WIN+Tab; the switcher will not show all 4 instances of tabs opened for me
    to switch to; rather, it will only show the last used tab in the switcher.

in such a case, I am not able to switch to all opened instances of the same application by using either Alt+Tab or WIN+ Tab (which is quite inconvenient).

May I know is there any setting in Windows 10 which can allow the app switcher to show all opened instances (even in the same application but different tabs?)

Many thanks!

Joeycheunghoyin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Show

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  5. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  6. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  7. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing: After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I want it to be like this: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to change this?...
  8. Windows 10 stuck showing all Edge tabs with [Alt]+[Tab] regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 stuck showing all Edge tabs with [Alt]+[Tab] regardless of settings: I upgraded to the latest Windows 10 about a week ago, and now all my Edge tabs are showing when I use [Alt]+[Tab]. I've gone to Settings > System > Multitasking and the "Pressing Alt + Tab shows" option is set to "Open windows only". I've tried setting it all the other...
  9. Windows 10 Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt + Tab: I would like to revert the alt + tab functionality back to how it originally worked, where I could alt-tab back and forth between two recent windows, rather than having to scroll through every open window to get to the one I want. Every guide I've found online to do this no...
  10. Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows...