Windows 10: Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system notifications, alongside those generated from modern apps. Notifications are then grouped in the Action Center by app and time. When the Action Center gets a new notification, it will briefly show a notification banner above the taskbar notification area to let you know.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing notifications in action center from specific apps and senders for your account in Windows 10.

Note This will not affect showing notification banners above the taskbar notification area.

EXAMPLE: "Alarms & Clock" Notification in Action Center

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side, and click/tap on the app or sender (ex: Alarms & Clock) under Get notifications from these senders on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Note If the listed apps and senders under Get notifications from these senders are grayed out, then you have notifications completely turned off.

You will only see apps and senders listed that you had already gotten notifications from.

3. Turn on (default) or off Show notifications in action center. (see screenshot below)

Note If the settings are grayed out, then you have notifications turned off for this app/sender.

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Apr 13, 2016

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Mike327 Win User
    Action Center not showing notifications

Action Center shows that I have notifications. However, when I open the Action Center there are no notifications; notifications not showing.
    This problem started after the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 which was installed on 10/2.

I tried these suggestions and none of them fixed the problem:

Notifications ARE turned on

sfc /scannow - No integrity violations

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth - No component store corruption

Someone suggested deleting C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\usrclass.dat

Ran Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }

Mike327, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10

Action Center is not showing past notifications

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you do not find the icons in the notification area.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Settings
    • Click on Settings, System
      and on Notifications and actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in notification area.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  5. KDSFX Win User
    Action Center not showing mail or calendar notifications

I have the windows 10 calendar and email apps setup but they do not show any notifications in the action center. I have the email accounts set to show notifications in the action center but when I go to the setting page from action center to select which
    apps show notifications in the action center, email and calendar are not listed? any one else have this problem or know how to fix it?

KDSFX, Oct 26, 2019
  6. rokabard Win User
    Action Center is not showing past notifications

Hello,

I have recently made a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and I don't think the Action Center is working as intended.

In short, the Action Center does not show past notifications.

Notification toasts from various apps do appear on the desktop, and the icon for a new notification does lights up, but when I open Action Center either there is no notification there or the one notification is there, but is then automatically cleared once
    I close the Action Center (even if I did not click on it). The Action Center is therefore always empty.

It was my impression that the Action Center should show a list of past notifications, so that if I am away from the computer I can check the notifications I've missed. Am I missing something or is the Action Center bugged?

thanks.

rokabard, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Showing

2. undo action center turn off notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    undo action center turn off notifications: accidentally turned off all notifications from Laravel Mix, is there a way to bring them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-action-center-turn-off-notifications/04a0f64c-0133-4b6b-9a9a-0651c16dabaa
  3. Show complete notification in Action Center

Show complete notification in Action Center: Is there a way? For example I want the complete notification text for a Twitter post, but longer tweets are not shown completely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-complete-notification-in-action-center/cfad3ead-fc1e-4836-95e3-a55ef8af68a4
  4. Notifications not showing in Action Center

Notifications not showing in Action Center: I have applications that are showing notification banners but never show up in the Action Center even though I have it enabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-showing-in-action-center/8532d504-e5ee-45c4-ae25-6a6b80f04f17
  5. Action center not showing notifications

Action center not showing notifications: Basically I get notification bubbles but when I open action center, there are no notifications. For example, if I turn off Windows defender, I get notification popup like in first picture. But when I open it, there is nothing. The popup icon clears after wards as if I...
  6. Action Center keeps turning off notifications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action Center keeps turning off notifications: I have Windows 10 and have been having an ongoing problem with my Action Center. Every few days, something happens and, even though the action center icon is white and appears to have messages, when I open it there are no messages. I put my cursor over the icon and see "New...
  7. Action Center is not showing past notifications

Action Center is not showing past notifications: This is a non functioning tool if I can not see what it notified me of. I have been looking for information on someone from my past for a long time. At start up before I even put in my passcode, I see a notification with this persons name on it so, I click to open it...
  8. Notifications not showing in action center

Notifications not showing in action center: Notifications not showing in action center, it shows the number of notifications I have and they show pop ups. But when I click the notification button its empty. Doing a reboot makes them all show up for a while but it's really annoying that I have to do this so often. Any...
  9. New notifications not showing in action center.

New notifications not showing in action center.: [IMG] [ATTACH] As you can see, the action center badge suggests new notifications but remains empty on opening. I have tried sfc and DISM tool, tried restarting file explorer, disabled and enabled action center from group policy but nothing has worked so far. Need a fix for...
  10. Action Center not showing notifications

Action Center not showing notifications: Action Center shows that I have notifications. However, when I open the Action Center there are no notifications; notifications not showing. This problem started after the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 which was installed on 10/2. I tried these suggestions...