Windows 10: Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 9, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Sound Sentry replaces system sounds with visual cues, such as a flash on the screen, so you can see notifications even when they're not heard. You can also choose how you want sound notifications to warn you.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off visual notifications for sound (Sound Sentry) for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Visual Notifications for Sound (Sound Sentry) in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Visual Notifications for Sound (Sound Sentry) in Control Panel
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off Visual Notifications for Sound (Sound Sentry) using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Visual Notifications for Sound (Sound Sentry) in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Other options on the left side, and select None (off - default), Flash active title bar, Flash active window, or Flash entire display for what you want in theVisual notifications for sound drop menu on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Note Starting with Windows 10 build 17035, you will need to click/tap on Audio on the left side instead.

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Visual Notifications for Sound (Sound Sentry) in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icon view), and click/tap on the Ease of Access Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Use text or visual alternatives for sounds link. (see screenshot below)

3. While Turn on visual notifications for sounds (Sound Sentry) is checked, select (dot) None (off - default), Flash active caption bar, Flash active window, or Flash desktop for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the Control Panel if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off Visual Notifications for Sound (Sound Sentry) using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the string values in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\SoundSentry

Flags string value

3 = Turn on visual notifications for sound

WindowsEffect string value

0 = None
    1 = Flash active title bar
    2 = Flash active window
    3 = Flash entire display

1. Do step 2 (None), step 3 (Flash active title bar), step 4 (Flash active window), or step 5 (Flash entire display) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Set Sound Sentry to "None" (Turn Off)
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 6 below.

Sound_Sentry_None.reg

Download

3. To Set Sound Sentry to "Flash active title bar"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 6 below.

Sound_Sentry_Flash_active_title_bar.reg

Download

4. To Set Sound Sentry to "Flash active window"

Sound_Sentry_Flash_active_window.reg

Download

5. To Set Sound Sentry to "Flash entire display"

Sound_Sentry_Flash_entire_display.reg

Download
    6. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

7. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

8. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

9. restart the computer to apply.

10. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, May 9, 2017

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
  3. notification sound

Hi,

Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, input sound and select Sound from the results to open Sound settings

Step 2: In the Sound dialog, open Sounds and choose Notification in the program events.

Step 3: Tap the Sounds bar, select (None) in the list and click OK.

'

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-turn-sound-n...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-notific...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

MilagrosM2020, Oct 26, 2019
  4. royisidle Win User

Low battery notification with sound but without the visual notification popup

I have windows 10 on my Lenovo ideapad 700 laptop.

I want a low battery notification but I don't want the visual popup since it interrupts my activities, just the sound only. If the visual notification can appear from the action center, that would be good too since it doesn't interrupt my activities.

If you tell me to turn off battery notifications, there is no way for me to tell if the battery is low. No visual notification and no sound notification.

The reason is that the laptop assumes that the battery is low and sends a notification, but its a false alarm and the battery level goes back up to normal levels.

Is there even such a feature on Windows 10? Microsoft support couldn't give me a solution.

royisidle, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Sound on windows 10

Hi,

To assist you better, I like to know below details,

• Are trying to turn off the notification sound?

• Do you get any notification when you get the sound?

• Did you set up reminder on the calendar?
    Meanwhile, if you are trying to turn off the notification sound I would suggest you to follow below steps and check if it helps,

• Click on your Start Button, then

• Click on Settings.

• Click on System.

• Click on Notifications and Actions. Under the heading,

• Show Notifications from these Apps,

• Click on your Apps in that list, then

• Turn Off "play a sound when a notification arrives."
    Please reply to us with the detailed description of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Oct 26, 2019
  6. amitaz007 Win User
    windows 10 colors inverted everytime plug and usb

In Visa or Windows 7 there is a feature that allows a visual effect to be displayed in place of sound. This is why your screens inverts an image when you click on something that alerts a sound in windows.

You need to turn this OFF.

Go to Control Panel

Click Ease of Access Center

Click "Use text or visual alternatives for sounds"

Uncheck the box next to "Turn on visual notifications for sounds (Sound Sentry)

Click Apply.

Cheers!!

amitaz007, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Sound

2. Turn off all notification sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off all notification sounds.: This should be simple.I want to turn off all notification sounds. I use my computer to teach. I want all sounds other than those that I am producing for my classes to be turned off. Forever. Any time. All day.I don't want to go down a checklist and select which sounds to turn...
  3. Turn off all notification sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off all notification sounds.: This should be simple.I want to turn off all notification sounds. I use my computer to teach. I want all sounds other than those that I am producing for my classes to be turned off. Forever. Any time. All day.I don't want to go down a checklist and select which sounds to turn...
  4. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  5. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  6. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Turn off volume mixer notification sound

Turn off volume mixer notification sound: I get a "ding" notification sound in Windows 10 when I turn the main volume in volume mixer up to 100%. I have all system sounds disabled in control panel/sounds (set to none). This only seems to happen when audio playback programs are running (like iTunes, MusicBee, MPC-HC,...
  8. Turn off notifications

Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955
  9. How to turn off notification sound ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off notification sound ?: How to turn off notification "audio" sound heard when update pop up window appears lower right screen as defender is updated done a scan it gives this piano type music I would like to disable. Anyone disabled this and how to do it ? Thanks! 79957
  10. Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10 The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system...