Windows 10: Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it the way that suits you best.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to start Magnifier automatically at login for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login using a REG file
    EXAMPLE: Magnifier

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Magnifier on the left side, and check (on) or uncheck (off - default) Start Magnifier automatically at login for what you want on the right side under Magnifier options. (see screenshot below)

Note Builds older than Windows 10 build 16184 will have a Start Magnifier automatically setting to turn on or off instead.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Accessibility

Configuration string value

magnifierpane= on
    <blank> = off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Start Magnifier Automatically at Login
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_start_Magnifier_automatically_at_login.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_start_Magnifier_automatically_at_login.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, OK (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 13, 2016

2. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10

manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Arun B J Win User
    How do I add display magnifier to the Start Menu of Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key.
    • Search and click on Windows Easy of Access.
    • Right click on magnifier.
    • Select pin to Start.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2019
  6. recently my magnifier in windows 10 automatically jumps from 100% to 250% even though I have set it to 150%, what can I do ?

Hi Jackie,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier automatic option as below and check if it helps.

• Then under the “magnifier” option, “turn off” the option
      “Start Magnifier Automatically”.

Method 2: Use System File Checker to repair damaged Windows files.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair damaged Windows files. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows logo key + X, select
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Run the "sfc /scannow" command by copy/pasting it into the Command prompt (Admin) and hit
      Enter key.
    • Once it complete, try to install updates again to see if they work correctly.

For more information about the System File Checker tool, see
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically at Login in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Start

2. The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.: I am using windows 10, the caps-lock and the magnifier launches suddenly. When this happens the keyboard becomes non operational. Also, Microsoft edge opens with the windows help page. I close the magnifier and the Microsoft Edge, and when I press caps-lock again, the same...
  3. The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.: I am using windows 10, the caps-lock and the magnifier launches suddenly. When this happens the keyboard becomes non operational. Also, Microsoft edge opens with the windows help page. I close the magnifier and the Microsoft Edge, and when I press caps-lock again, the same...
  4. The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to turn off the magnifier permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off the magnifier permanently: I want to turn the magnifier OFF permanently and have tried all the solutions I could find and they aren't working. This is only in my email. The screen is right size but the reading pane text and the folder column are so small you need a strong magnifying glass to read them....
  6. Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...: My Windows 10 lenovo turns off and on automatically. First it shows 'preparing automatic repair' but turns off again before anything comes up. A few times Windows repair blue screen comes up but before I can pick any option it turns off again. At times i also manage to get...
  7. Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates: Hello. To turn off automatic updates in Windows 10, we basically need to prevent the Windows Update service from running on startup. This can be done by going to Start Menu>type 'Services'>look for a service called 'Windows Update' and double click on it>if it's already...
  8. Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Invert Colors of Magnifier Window in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it the way that suits you best....
  9. Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images...
  10. Turn On or Off Auto Start Magnifier before Login in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Start Magnifier before Login in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Start Magnifier before Login in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Start Magnifier Automatically before Login in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images better....