Windows 10: Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Play Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10 Windows 10 can play a sound at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, May 10, 2016.

1. Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Play Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10

Windows 10 can play a sound at startup to let you know it's loaded and ready.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Windows startup sound for all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Play Windows Startup Sound in Sounds Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Play Windows Startup Sound using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Play Windows Startup Sound in Sounds Settings
    1. Right click or press and hold on the Volume system icon, and click/tap on Sounds. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. In the Sounds tab, check (on) or uncheck (off - default) the Play Windows Startup sound box, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Play Windows Startup Sound using a REG file

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

The .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\BootAnimation

DisableStartupSound DWORD

0 = On
    1 = Off

1. Do step 2 (off) or step 3 (on) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn Off Play Windows Startup Sound
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Windows_10_startup_sound.reg

Download

3. To Turn On Play Windows Startup Sound
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Windows_10_startup_sound.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, May 10, 2016

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Changing the Startup sound of Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• Do you receive any error code or error message?
    Startup sound in Windows 10 issue.

To turn on the startup sound in Windows 10, follow these steps:

a. Type Sound in the Search box, and then Sound Window will appear.

b. Click on Sounds tab in the Sound window, then check the
    Play Windows Startup Sound check box to enable startup sound, and then click
    OK.

For more information, refer to the link, given below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

For the Startup sound issue, make sure that System Sound is not set to mute.

Right Click on Volume icon in the notification area and select
    Open Volume Mixer option. Then, make sure System Sound is not set to mute.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Changing the Startup sound of Windows 10

Hello:

Your reply only refers to enabling the "Play Windows Startup sound," and the question asked was:

Changing the Startup sound of Windows 10

How do you change the "Play Windows Startup sound? I can't seem to find the solution and I would appreciate any assistance.

Thank You,

Eric

Eric_Bernstein, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Startup

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency Turning Off at Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency Turning Off at Startup: I'm a big fan of the transparency settings for the taskbar on Windows 10. Recently I've been using my laptop more for college so I turn my laptop off in between my study and class time to save battery. However, every time I start up my laptop the transparency effects aren't...
  3. Revealed: Why Microsoft turned off Windows 10 startup sound by default

in Windows 10 News
    Revealed: Why Microsoft turned off Windows 10 startup sound by default: With every Windows release, Microsoft nixed quite a bit of famous features, and apparently that included startup sound. When the brand new Windows 10 or Windows 8 device power on, they don’t make the familiar startup chime we’ve come to know and love in previous versions,...
  4. can't turn off windows startup sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    can't turn off windows startup sound: [ATTACH]can't tick and untick that startup sound option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-off-windows-startup-sound/ef61b139-5332-4259-97ee-8f6054278a66
  5. Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?: I recently heard that one of the next updates will remove passwords and push facial recognition. I can't even list the many reasons why I don't want that. So I want to shut the log-in screen off altogether if I can't use just a password. I don't know how to, though, because...
  6. Windows 10 pc turns off after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pc turns off after startup: Hi, I recently restored my Windows10 so I could erase everything and in doing so afterwards it made an "other" account. I then figured out how to make an admin account from watching a tutorial on YouTube( basically holding SHIFT+ restart),with the new admin account I...
  7. Keyboard Gets Turned Off During Windows 10 Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Gets Turned Off During Windows 10 Startup: I don't know if this problem is caused because of latest Windows 10 update or not, but lately I noticed when I turn on my PC, or even restart, my keyboard (Corsair K70) gets turned off, while my mouse still working fine. This is the period after bios & logo, when both...
  8. How to Turn off Windows 10 logoff sound

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Turn off Windows 10 logoff sound: How do i turn off the windows logoff sound? 10361
  9. Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Fast startup (aka: hiberboot, hybrid boot, or hybrid shutdown) is turned on by default in Windows and is a setting that helps your PC start up faster after shutdown. Even...
  10. Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Start OneDrive Automatically when you Sign in to Windows 10 [img] Information OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you...