Windows 10: Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 You will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Sonny, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Sonny Win User

Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10

You will be able to play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video when your Windows 10 device has a display thats optimized for HDR video and you have Stream HDR video turned on in Windows HD Color settings.

*note Not all displays are optimized for HDR video. If you have two displays and move the HDR video onto a display thats not optimized for HDR video, youll get the appropriate standard dynamic range (SDR) video stream as soon as new content starts to play (for example, a new TV episode). If you want to get it sooner than that, restart your video app and start playing the video on the display you plan to watch it on.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off HDR video streaming for a display in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Display on the left side, and click/tap on the Windows HD Color settings link on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. If you have multiple displays connected to your PC, select the HDR-capable display you want in the Select a display to view or change the settings for it drop down menu under Choose display. (see screenshot below)

*note If Stream HDR video says No under Display capabilities, then the selected display is not optimized (not supported) for HDR video.

4. Turn on (default) or off Stream HDR video for what you want.

*note If this is an external display, you will need to turn on Play HDR games and apps to turn on Stream HDR video.

5. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Sonny, Jul 30, 2015

2. HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Help with HDR in windows 10

Have you tried the following?

To turn on HDR video streaming

Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Video playback .

Under Stream HDR video, select Windows HD Color settings.

Under Choose display, select the display you want to change.

If it's an external display, turn on Play HDR games and apps.

Turn on Stream HDR video.

Source
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/404025...

JamesYoung9, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10

HDR settings won't turn on

Hi,

You may play a streaming high range video when our Windows 10 device has a display that's optimized for HDR video. For us to isolate your concern, we would like to ask for the following information:

• Were there any changes or updates installed on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

In the meantime, you may check this
    link
    for more information about what you need to play HDR video in Windows 10.

Feel free to post back, and we'll assist you further.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 27, 2019
  5. HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10

Hi Mohammed AlJasim,

We determined the issue and found out that your computer specs and graphics card are highly capable of enabling HDR and running a 4K video.

Since you've already tested this on Sony TV and its perfectly working fine, we suggest that you
    contact your other TV manufacturer’s support team (which is
    BenQ) directly for confirmation if this TV is really capable for
    streaming HDR videos in Netflix or not.

To know how to contact them, you can visit this link:
    BenQ Support.

Netflix has a feature to auto-detect the capability monitors or TVs if they can stream HDR videos or not.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Johann Eva, Oct 27, 2019
  6. (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.

Hi Lin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. What is the make and model of your both monitors?
    3. As you have given multiple versions of Windows 10, is this issue occurring on multiple computers?

Not all displays are optimized for HDR. If you have two displays and move the HDR video onto a display that’s not optimized for HDR, you’ll get the appropriate standard dynamic range (SDR) as soon as new content starts to play.

To play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video in Windows 10, your external display and Windows 10 PC needs to support HDR. To find the specifications for a specific PC or external display, visit the device manufacturer’s website.

It might be that one of your monitors doesn’t' support HDR, so I suggest you to refer
    Display requirements for HDR video in Windows 10 and check
    if your monitors support HDR.

You may also refer Stream HDR video on Windows 10 and
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Stream

2. Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming: My laptop claims to support HDR Streaming Video, but I know that it isn't true HDR since my laptop lacks local dimming. As far as I understand, HDR streaming compatibility on built-in displays is achieved through tone mapping. My laptop has both a dGPU Dedicated Graphics...
  3. Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming: My laptop claims to support HDR Streaming Video, but I know that it isn't true HDR since my laptop lacks local dimming. As far as I understand, HDR streaming compatibility on built-in displays is achieved through tone mapping. My laptop has both a dGPU Dedicated Graphics...
  4. Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?: I have an iMac 2017 model running bootcamp and I use display port 1.2 to connect to my ASUS tuf monitor. I'm not quite so sure as to why this particular setting keeps on turning off. I make sure to disconnect my iMac display so it wont interfere with the hdr process. I have...
  5. Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?

Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?: I have an iMac 2017 model running bootcamp and I use display port 1.2 to connect to my ASUS tuf monitor. I'm not quite so sure as to why this particular setting keeps on turning off. I make sure to disconnect my iMac display so it wont interfere with the hdr process. I have...
  6. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off: The title explains it. I've been trying to watch a 4K film through VLC, and I am able to turn Windows HDR on meaning my computer should support it, and my TV is 4K I connected PC to tv via HDMI cable. But when I actually play the video HDR just turns off by itself....
  7. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off: The title explains it. I've been trying to watch a 4K film through VLC, and I am able to turn Windows HDR on meaning my computer should support it, and my TV is 4K I connected PC to tv via HDMI cable. But when I actually play the video HDR just turns off by itself....
  8. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

9. HDR streaming not turning on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR streaming not turning on.: My laptop is supporting HDR steaming but when i try to turn it on it crashes. i tried with power supply on in laptop. now i don't know what i have to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-streaming-not-turning-on/cae4ebbd-37c5-4a35-986c-f6fa7eb6c4ff
  10. Turn On or Off HDR and WCG Color for a Display in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off HDR and WCG Color for a Display in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off HDR and WCG Color for a Display in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off HDR and WCG Color for a Display in Windows 10 With Windows HD Color in Windows 10, you get the most of out your high dynamic range (HDR) TV or PC display. When you connect your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off stream hdr video