Windows 10: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10

Starting with Settings. This content comes in a variety of forms, and can help you discover new features within Settings, or suggest new content and apps you may find interesting.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing suggested content in the Settings app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings from Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Suggested content in Settings

Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings from Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Privacy icon.

2. Click/tap on General on the left side, turn On (default) or Off Show me suggested content in the Settings app for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORDs in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager

SubscribedContent-338393Enabled DWORDs
    SubscribedContent-353694Enabled
    SubscribedContent-353696Enabled

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Suggested Content in Settings
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_suggested_content_in_Settings.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Suggested Content in Settings
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_suggested_content_in_Settings.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 24, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10  

Odd. It still only affects the SubscribedContent-338389Enabled DWORD for me.

SubscribedContent-338393Enabled is for "Show me suggested content in the Settings app" below instead.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

I don't know what SubscribedContent-353694Enabled is for yet. It's not in my registry.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    I'm still seeing start menu ads dispite turning them off

Hello BreadedChicken, and welcome to Ten Forums. Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 :)

The Occasionally show suggestions in Start setting is only for the Suggested apps shown in the All Apps list in the Start menu instead.

*Arrow Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

You can also turn off automatic installation of suggested apps to completely stop them. Be sure to also read the blue note box at the top of the tutorial below for more info.

*Arrow Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Suggested

2. Unable to turn off app suggestions in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn off app suggestions in task bar: Hello,I am seemingly unable to turn off this app suggestion DTS Unbound, from the MS Storehttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/811234836802568233/985042867355541534/unknown.pngI have tried going to the Apps and Features settings page, and the option to turn off suggestions...
  3. Unable to turn off app suggestions in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn off app suggestions in task bar: Hello,I am seemingly unable to turn off this app suggestion DTS Unbound, from the MS Storehttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/811234836802568233/985042867355541534/unknown.pngI have tried going to the Apps and Features settings page, and the option to turn off suggestions...
  4. Windows 10 Professional: Turning off "Suggested" apps? Pop-ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Professional: Turning off "Suggested" apps? Pop-ups: In Windows 10 Professional, how do we permanently disable “suggested” apps on business machines? There is a control panel setting to do it, but it appears to reset back to allowed after a period of time? Or perhaps updates turn it back on? How do we prevent this...
  5. Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might...
  6. Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing My People App Suggestions in Windows 10 Starting in My People that you might be interested in as developers work to integrate My People support into their apps. This tutorial...
  7. Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Automatically Installing Suggested Apps in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 version 1607 Anniversary Update, Windows will silently automatically download...
  8. Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you will occasionally see app suggestions on Start such as Candy Crush Soda Saga, Twitter, Minecraft, Flipboard etc... in All Apps on the left side of Start. If you click/tap on...
  9. Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10 [img] Information The Windows sharing experience in Windows 10 allows you to share web pages in Microsoft Edge from installed UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps such as Mail, Twitter, OneNote, Cortana...
  10. Turn On or Off Download External Content in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Download External Content in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Download External Content in Windows 10 Mail app Turn On or Off Automatically Download External Content in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and...