Windows 10: Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app

How to: Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app

How to Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

If you have a touchscreen, you can swipe your messages with your finger to perform one of the following specified swipe actions: Set/Clear flag, Mark as read/unread, Archive, Delete, Move, or Move to Junk

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off and change swipe actions in the message list of the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the Mail app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings icon at the bottom left, and click/tap on Message list in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

3. Do step 4 (off) or step 5 (on/change) below for what you would like to do.

4. To Turn Off Swipe Actions
    A) In the Message list flyout, turn off Enable swipe actions under Swipe actions. (see screenshot below)

5. To Turn On Swipe Actions
    A) In the Message list flyout, turn on Enable swipe actions under Swipe actions. (see screenshot below)

B) Select a specific email account (ex: Outlook) you want to change or turn on swipe actions for, or check Apply to all accounts if you like.

C) Select the Swipe right / hover action you want in the drop menu.

D) Select the Swipe left / hover action you want in the drop menu.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 18, 2016
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Creator Update & Windows 10 Mail App Problem

Hi Barry,

It seems that the settings might have changed after the Creators update was installed. We suggest that you check the settings in Notifications & actions. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and then System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions.
    • Under Show notification from these apps, turn On the Banner, Sounds for the Mail app.
    You may also try to remove your email account and re-add it in the mail app.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you run the Window app troubleshooter to scan and fix problems with the app. To run the troubleshooter, click on this

link

Feel free to post back and update us with the results after performing the suggested steps.

Regards.

Mark Ole, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

You can now set up swipe actions in Gmail on iOS

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Take action faster with customizable swipe actions in Gmail on iOS

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    You can now set up swipe actions in Gmail on iOS

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Take action faster with customizable swipe actions in Gmail on iOS

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Swipe Actions in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Turn Off Swipe

2. How to turn off swipe typing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off swipe typing?: How to turn off swipe typing? It automatically starts working while normal typing and doesn't let me work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-swipe-typing/5b9c22cb-3c0a-4ce4-bfe7-e5df2e4d68a9
  3. How to turn off swipe typing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off swipe typing?: How to turn off swipe typing? It automatically starts working while normal typing and doesn't let me work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-swipe-typing/5b9c22cb-3c0a-4ce4-bfe7-e5df2e4d68a9
  4. How to turn off swipe typing?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Turn off swipe to shut down on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off swipe to shut down on Windows 11?: I have accidentally shut my Surface down several times causing me to lose work. How do I turn off the swipe to shut down gesture from the lock screen for Widows 11?...
  6. Turn off swipe to shut down on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off swipe to shut down on Windows 11?: I have accidentally shut my Surface down several times causing me to lose work. How do I turn off the swipe to shut down gesture from the lock screen for Widows 11?...
  7. How to enable, disable, manage, use Swipe actions in Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable, disable, manage, use Swipe actions in Mail app: [ATTACH]If you are using the Windows 10 Mail app, then you can enable, disable, change, and use the Swipe actions. If you are using a […] This article How to enable, disable, manage, use Swipe actions in Mail app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mail app Notification Banner and Sound in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch...
  9. Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Mail app Signature in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with a new Mail app. The new Mail app brings improved performance and a familiar three-pane email UI, with a toggle to quickly move between...
  10. Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off hover action in gmil