Windows 10: Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio if Mixed Reality Portal Running

Discus and support Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio if Mixed Reality Portal Running in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio if Mixed Reality Portal Running How to Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio when Mixed Reality Portal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by devWarrior, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio if Mixed Reality Portal Running

How to: Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio if Mixed Reality Portal Running

How to Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio when Mixed Reality Portal Running in Windows 10

Mixed Reality Portal is the desktop app that takes you through Windows Mixed Reality setup. It also serves as the command center on your PC for your mixed reality experience.

Windows playback device (ex: desktop speaker).

Windows Mixed Reality spatial audio works best with headphones built into or connected directly to your immersive headset. PC speakers or headphones connected to the PC might not work well for spatial audio.

Windows Mixed Reality doesnt support Bluetooth audio headsets.

See also: Using Windows Mixed Reality FAQ | Windows Support

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to automatically switch to headset audio with Mixed Reality Portal is running for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio when Mixed Reality Portal is Running in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio when Mixed Reality Portal is Running using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio when Mixed Reality Portal is Running in Settings
    1. Open Mixed reality icon.

2. Click/tap on Audio and speech on the left side, and turn on (default) or off When Mixed Reality Portal is running, switch to headset audio on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio if Mixed Reality Portal Running [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio when Mixed Reality Portal is Running using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic\SpeechAndAudio

PreferDesktopSpeaker DWORD

0 = On
    1 = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Switch to Headset Audio when Mixed Reality Portal is Running
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_switch_to_headset_audio_when_Mixed_Reality_Portal_running.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Switch to Headset Audio when Mixed Reality Portal is Running
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_switch_to_headset_audio_when_Mixed_Reality_Portal_running.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

devWarrior, Aug 7, 2015

2. Mixed Reality Portal not loading

We appreciate your response. For now, the Mixed Reality Portal is only available with the Windows Creators Update for Windows Insider. In order to ensure which Windows build you have, you can follow these steps:

• Windows + R.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

Once you've determined your build and have successfully installed the Windows 10 Creators Update, you may experience the new feautures offered by the update.

The Mixed Reality Portal may be greyed out because you havn't attached the immersive headset yet. Nevertheless, you can test mixed reality apps on your PC without a Windows Mixed Reality immersive headset by using the
    Windows Mixed Reality simulator.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Jezhel Uga, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Mixed Reality-Portal missing

I have a problem with Mixed Reality-Portal. I have an Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset, which I try to connect to my laptop on
    Windows 10 Home.

However when I plug this headset in, it doesn’t work. I couldn’t see Mixed-Reality-Portal in the application lists so I tried to install it. But I received a message that it is already installed. How can I fix this issue? Thank you in advance.

Wilhelm moraga, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ivan Bim Win User

Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio if Mixed Reality Portal Running

Mixed reality portal crashes when launching a mixed reality app with headset simulation enabled

Why mixed reality portal crashes when launching a mixed reality app with headset simulation enabled?

Is it a known bug or we can't run app in the portal with simulation enabled?

Thanks

Ivan Bim, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Mixed reality portal can not open but headsets working fine

Thank you for updating us. We've already tried multiple troubleshooting steps and the same issue still persists. In this case, let's run the
    Windows Mixed Reality PC Check. This app is the best way to make sure your PC is ready to run Windows
    Mixed Reality. Also, we have to make sure that we are currently using the latest Windows build and version.

For more info, refer to this article: Minimum PC hardware guidelines.

Once the required specification met, we suggest to uninstall and re-install the Windows Mixed Reality.

To uninstall:

• Select Start, then click Settings.
    • Click Mixed reality, then select Uninstall.

Make sure to disconnect your headset from your PC and close Mixed Reality Portal before uninstalling. To install it, go to Microsoft Store and download the Windows Mixed Reality.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Oct 27, 2019
  6. LukaJJX Win User
    What is "Mixed Reality Portal" ? Can I remove it?

I followed these steps but Mixed Reality Portal is not in Programs And Features, so it's not possible to turn this feature off. Any other suggestions?

LukaJJX, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio if Mixed Reality Portal Running

1. Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Audio if Mixed Reality Portal Running - Similar Threads - Turn Off Switch

2. Mixed Reality Portal

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mixed Reality Portal: I can't install Mixed Reality Portal. Keep getting Error Code: 0x80070057 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mixed-reality-portal/20e85c97-2bca-4cba-9769-f3cc1d52b167
  3. Mixed Reality Portal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixed Reality Portal: I can't install Mixed Reality Portal. Keep getting Error Code: 0x80070057 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mixed-reality-portal/20e85c97-2bca-4cba-9769-f3cc1d52b167
  4. Mixed Reality Portal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mixed reality portal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixed reality portal: Bought a HP Reverb G2 and tried to run the mixed reality portal.The screen stays black and after some time the following errors occur:Naam van toepassing met fout: MixedRealityPortal.exe, versie: 2000.21051.1282.0, tijdstempel: 0x60b14765Naam van module met fout:...
  6. Mixed reality portal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mixed reality portal: Bought a HP Reverb G2 and tried to run the mixed reality portal.The screen stays black and after some time the following errors occur:Naam van toepassing met fout: MixedRealityPortal.exe, versie: 2000.21051.1282.0, tijdstempel: 0x60b14765Naam van module met fout:...
  7. Mixed reality portal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed reality portal: I started mixed reality portal For my HP reverb G2 I get message Can't run mixed reality on headset.This PC doesn't meet the minimum ......... everything has a white check next to it. I don't now what to update ???...
  8. Mixed Reality Portal

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mixed Reality Portal: Hello, Please help me to uninstall this useless program. What I did so far after searching for an answer, followed the instructions on this "https://winaero.com/blog/uninstall-mixed-reality-portal-windows-10/" site, made manually the entries in the registry. ( This mixed...
  9. Turn On or Off Mirror Headset Audio if Mixed Reality Portal Running

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Mirror Headset Audio if Mixed Reality Portal Running: How to: Turn On or Off Mirror Headset Audio if Mixed Reality Portal Running How to Turn On or Off Mirror Headset Audio to Desktop when Mixed Reality Portal Running in Windows 10 Mixed Reality Portal is the desktop app that takes you through Windows Mixed Reality setup....
  10. Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Mic if Mixed Reality Portal Running

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Mic if Mixed Reality Portal Running: How to: Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Mic if Mixed Reality Portal Running How to Turn On or Off Switch to Headset Mic when Mixed Reality Portal Running in Windows 10 Mixed Reality Portal is the desktop app that takes you through Windows Mixed Reality setup. It also...