Windows 10: Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Devices using Bluetooth in Window 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Devices using Bluetooth in Window 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Devices using Bluetooth in Window 10 How to Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Windows 10 Devices using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Devices using Bluetooth in Window 10

How to: Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Devices using Bluetooth in Window 10

How to Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Windows 10 Devices using Bluetooth

Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Devices using Bluetooth in Window 10 [​IMG]
    Warning This tutorial is no longer valid starting with Windows 10 build 15002.

Information The Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 introduced a new privacy option in Settings to let apps on your other devices use Bluetooth to connect with your Windows 10 PC to sync and continue experience between different devices where the same app is installed.

This option will need to be turned on for each device that you want to sync apps between using Bluetooth.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off 'Let apps on my other devices use Bluetooth to open apps and continue experiences on this device' in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to turn on or off "Let apps on my other devices use Bluetooth to open apps and continue experiences on this device".

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Sync Apps using Bluetooth Between Windows 10 Devices in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Sync Apps using Bluetooth Between Windows 10 Devices using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Sync Apps using Bluetooth Between Windows 10 Devices in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Privacy icon.

2. Click/tap on General on the left side, and turn on or off Let apps on my other devices use Bluetooth to open apps and continue experiences on this device on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Sync Apps using Bluetooth Between Windows 10 Devices using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SmartGlass

BluetoothPolicy DWORD

0 = On
    1 = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Sync Apps using Bluetooth Between Windows 10 Devices
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn-ON_Let_apps_on_my_other_devices_use_Bluetooth_to_open_apps_and_continue_experiences_on_this_device.r eg

Download

3. To Turn Off Sync Apps using Bluetooth Between Windows 10 Devices
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn-OFF_Let_apps_on_my_other_devices_use_Bluetooth_to_open_apps_and_continue_experiences_on_this_device. reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 25, 2017
  2. HojabrA Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Oct 26, 2019
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Oct 26, 2019
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Oct 26, 2019
  5. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Oct 26, 2019
  6. EzioAs Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

Settings > Devices > Bluetooth (turn it on), probably?

Idk, I don't use BT.

EzioAs, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Devices using Bluetooth in Window 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Sync

2. Turn off sync in Office for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off sync in Office for Windows 10?: Hello, is it possible to turn off sync in Office for Windows 10? I work for a business and have 10 versions of Office under one account. Issue is if someone changes a setting on one computer it will change it for everyone else. I've turned off sync under Windows, but yet...
  3. Bluetooth device keeps turning off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth device keeps turning off.: Hi Guys, I have recently got an issue with my PC connecting to my Sony HiFi with bluetooth. It finds the Sony and I add it to my bluetooth devices through the Windows "Add a Bluetooth Device" however the sound does not play through it. When I run the bluetooth troubleshooter...
  4. Windows keeps syncing with syncing turned OFF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps syncing with syncing turned OFF: Windows 10 syncing is turned off, the cache in Onedrive is deleted, but Windows keeps syncing the wallpaper between my two computers and I do not want that. How can I force Windows to stop syncing while it is already turned off???...
  5. Windows 10 Sync Between Devices Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Sync Between Devices Not Working: I have a windows 10 laptop, sync is turned on in Settings and in Edge browser I bought a new laptop, signed in to windows with the same account, turned on all the sync settings New laptop will not sync to match the existing laptop windows settings I've spent 4 hours...
  6. App settings sync between devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App settings sync between devices?: Hi, In win 8 if I made a change to a setting in mail or IE or added a favourite this information would sync to my other devices so everything was identical with Mail or Edge in 10, they seem to run totally independent on my machine, no settings or favourites get synced,...
  7. Sync Alarms between Devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Alarms between Devices?: Is it possible for me to sync alarms on the Windows Alarm clock between devices? For example, for me to set an alarm up on my tablet, and have it ring on my phone? 96144
  8. Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and...
  9. Windows 10 Rs: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Rs: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices: Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices I have already written about Continuum improvements coming to Redstone in the past, but more details regarding app syncing between devices is now coming to light. According to my sources who...
  10. App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile: How to: App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile How to Turn On or Off Share Apps Across Devices on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 introduced a new privacy option in Settings to let apps on...