Windows 10: Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by winactive, Apr 13, 2017.

1. winactive Win User

Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

How to: Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

How to Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]
    Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Starting with Window 10 build 10565, you can now hover over your open tabs in Microsoft Edge and get a preview of what’s on those websites.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off tab preview in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

Code:
    TabPeekEnabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 or (delete) = On

Warning This tutorial no longer works in the Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703.

However, as a workaround, you can set the TabPeekShowDelay DWORD value to a high value like 1000000 in Option Two of the tutorial linked below to effectively disable tab preview in Microsoft Edge.

*Arrow Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge - Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

EXAMPLE: Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_tab_preview_in_Microsoft_Edge.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_tab_preview_in_Microsoft_Edge.reg

Download

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen Microsoft Edge to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

winactive, Apr 13, 2017

2. small window pop ups

Are you browsing with Internet Explorer or Edge ?

If Edge, click the small up arrow above that Tab Preview to turn the feature off.

Don

Don Varnau, Apr 13, 2017
  3. aldrian95 Win User
    aldrian95, Apr 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 13, 2017
  5. winactive Win User
    Thanks for the reply. The 'hover' previews I don't actually mind, it's more the down arrow '˅' next to the new tab '+' that opens that horrible chasm that has to be clicked back to dismiss.

winactive, Apr 13, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, the tab preview bar button can be a nuisance at times. I'm not aware of away to disable or remove it yet.

Brink, Apr 13, 2017
  7. Stigg Win User
    Yeah, that Tab Preview Button is a real nuisance where it is located. I guess Microsoft didn't think it was.

Stigg, Apr 24, 2017
  8. winactive Win User

I guess we can only feedback we don't like it where it is.

winactive, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Turn Off Tab

2. Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.: Hi there I've noticed of late that when you have a new tab page in edge, it now puts your local weather in the top left. Is there any way to stop this ? I've really tried to like Edge, but I'm getting rather tired of Microsoft putting things there for 'my convenience' when...
  3. Tab previews edge chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Tab previews edge chromium: Is tab previews a feature of edge chromium? Kind of how one can preview the windows when hovering over the taskbar I seem to remember could do the same with tabs open on edge, or old edge. Is this not a feature in edge chromium? I am just on the normal public build. thanks,...
  4. How to turn off "Help" on microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off "Help" on microsoft edge?: I'm playing a game and the f1 button closes a window that opens up when I want help on MY GAME. But when I push f1 it pulls down my game and brings up Microsoft edge help. This is REALLY irritating me. I want tao turn off F1 FOR HELP!!!!!...
  5. IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible?

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible?: I have disabled the tab preview for IE11 (through IE Options) so that I can minimize my IE from the taskbar icon even with multiple tabs open. So... can I enable tab previews by hovering over the tab, such as is the case in Edge? Thanks in advance. 62101
  6. “Turn Off the Lights” Extension for Microsoft Edge Released

in Windows 10 News
    “Turn Off the Lights” Extension for Microsoft Edge Released: “Turn Off the Lights” Extension for Microsoft Edge Released Another extension now available for the Windows 10 browser [img] Microsoft finally released extension support for Edge browser earlier this week as part of an insider preview build and developers have...
  7. Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Extensions in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible...
  8. Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows...
  9. Hide or Show Tab Preview Bar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Tab Preview Bar in Microsoft Edge: How to: Hide or Show Tab Preview Bar in Microsoft Edge How to Hide or Show Tab Preview Bar in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  10. Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge: How to: Change Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Microsoft Edge How to Change Microsoft Edge Tab Preview Hide and Show Delay Time in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...