Windows 10: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Space after Text Suggestion

Discus and support Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Space after Text Suggestion in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Space after Text Suggestion How to Turn On or Off Add Space after Text Suggestion for Touch Keyboard in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Curious, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Curious Win User

Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Space after Text Suggestion

How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Space after Text Suggestion

How to Turn On or Off Add Space after Text Suggestion for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs.

Starting with text suggestions to select from by default while typing on the touch keyboard.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off add a space after you choose a text suggestion while using the touch keyboard for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Add Space after Text Suggestion for Touch Keyboard in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Add Space after Text Suggestion for Touch Keyboard using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Touch keyboard text suggestions

Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Space after Text Suggestion [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Add Space after Text Suggestion for Touch Keyboard in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Typing on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Add a space after I choose a text suggestion for what you want under Typing on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Space after Text Suggestion [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Add Space after Text Suggestion for Touch Keyboard using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7

EnablePredictionSpaceInsertion DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Add Space after Text Suggestion for Touch Keyboard
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_on_add_space_after_text_suggestion_when_typing.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Add Space after Text Suggestion for Touch Keyboard
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_off_add_space_after_text_suggestion_when_typing.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Curious, Aug 11, 2016
  2. Brink Win User
  3. text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Space after Text Suggestion

Remove suggested words from Windows touch keyboard

Hi,

For step-by-step instructions in troubleshooting the spelling for Windows touch keyboard, kindly refer to the post of Cyber_Defend_Team on this

link

For more information about Windows Touch keyboard, visit this
    link

Let us know if you need further help.

Best regards,

Jeraldine Ase, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Can't get keyboard to stop suggesting text as I type

I'm trying to get the keyboard (my main way of entering text on my HTC touch) to stop suggesting words as I enter text. I've gone into the keyboard setting and unchecked the box "suggest words when entering text" but I still get suggestions as I begin
    to enter text in any program - very annoying!

Can anyone provide some help? thanks...

John

timesarrow1, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Space after Text Suggestion

1. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Space after Text Suggestion - Similar Threads - Turn Off Touch

2. How do I turn off suggestions on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off suggestions on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2?: How do I turn off suggestions on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2. There appears to be no setting that applied to the Touch Keyboard. The setting Time & Language => "Show Text Suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard" does not affect the Touch Keyboard,...
  3. How do I turn off suggestions on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off suggestions on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2?: How do I turn off suggestions on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2. There appears to be no setting that applied to the Touch Keyboard. The setting Time & Language => "Show Text Suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard" does not affect the Touch Keyboard,...
  4. keyboard text suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard text suggestions: Is there any way I can reset the text prediction of the touch keyboard or hardware keyboard and delete the words that windows 10 has stored since I started using the pc? I tried disabling the "Show text suggestions as I type" and reenabling it but that didn't work I also...
  5. keyboard text suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard text suggestions: Is there any way I can reset the text prediction of the touch keyboard or hardware keyboard and delete the words that windows 10 has stored since I started using the pc? I tried disabling the "Show text suggestions as I type" and reenabling it but that didn't work I also...
  6. Add entries for Text Suggestions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add entries for Text Suggestions?: Is there a way for me to add 'custom' text to the Windows Text Suggestions? For example, if I type in '65', I'd like to get a suggestion for '6530-A'. Thanks for any help or advice!...
  7. Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware keyboard...
  8. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Period after Double-tap Spacebar

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Period after Double-tap Spacebar: How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Period after Double-tap Spacebar Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Period after Double-tap Spacebar in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware...
  9. Add Space after Text Suggestion for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Space after Text Suggestion for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Add Space after Text Suggestion for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Add Space after Text Suggestion for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 Starting with text suggestions while typing on a hardware keyboard. Text suggestions for hardware keyboard...
  10. Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17035, Microsoft is introducing the ability to see text suggestions while typing on a...