Windows 10: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10 You can use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10

You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs.

By default, the touch keyboard will play a key click sound as you type on it.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off playing a key click sound as you type on the touch keyboard for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Touch keyboard

Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on Devices.

2. Click/tap on Typing on the left side, and turn On (default) or Off Play key sounds as I type under Touch keyboard on the right side for what you want. (see screenshots below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7

EnableKeyAudioFeedback DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_touch_keyboard_sounds.reg

Download

3. To Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_touch_keyboard_sounds.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Toggle to hide and show touch keyboard on taskbar to apply.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 1, 2016
  2. Truckin2U Win User

Turn screen keyboard sound off

Steps to turn off/on key sounds for Touch
    Keyboard in Windows
    10: Step 1: Enter Settings. Step 2: Choose Devices to move on. Step 3: Open Typing, and then switch off or on Play key
    sounds as I type under Touch keyboard. Related Articles:
    Turn off Click Sound for On-Screen
    Keyboard in Windows

These steps don't work for me, for don't have switch off or on Play key
    sounds as I type. I have gone into typing and turned everything off. What else can I do?

Truckin2U, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Mon.k11 Win User

Touch keyboard pops up at login

Thanks for the help, this method worked.

Mon.k11, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Turn of Typing Sound

Is there another setting to turn off key sounds as I'm typing, other than turning off the "play keysounds as I type" in Touch Keyboard settings?? I've switched that setting to "off" but my keys are still making that typing sound.

JackieBates1, Oct 26, 2019
  6. How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Touch

2. How To Enable Touch-Keyboard Typing Sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Enable Touch-Keyboard Typing Sound?: So I have a question. Does touch-keyboard really have sound effects? So how do I enable that?, your answer will be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-touch-keyboard-typing-sound/9afdc368-c6ac-4a07-ae9e-a7fe1b3a308b
  3. How To Enable Touch-Keyboard Typing Sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Enable Touch-Keyboard Typing Sound?: So I have a question. Does touch-keyboard really have sound effects? So how do I enable that?, your answer will be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-touch-keyboard-typing-sound/9afdc368-c6ac-4a07-ae9e-a7fe1b3a308b
  4. How to turn on Touch keyboard typing sound in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on Touch keyboard typing sound in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you often use the Touch keyboard on Windows 11 but do not like the silent typing experience, follow this guide to turn on the Touch keyboard typing sound. There are two ways to enable or disable Touch keyboard typing sound in Windows 11, and you can use either of...
  5. How to Turn Off Keyboard Sound for On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn Off Keyboard Sound for On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10: [ATTACH]On-Screen keyboards make a sound for every keypress. This is handy especially for those who need assistance but can be annoying because the sound can interrupt your work and others who may be near you. So you have two options. One, you plug in your earphone and type,...
  6. Turn screen keyboard sound off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn screen keyboard sound off: Steps to turn off/on key sounds for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: Step 1: Enter Settings. Step 2: Choose Devices to move on. Step 3: Open Typing, and then switch off or on Play key sounds as I type under Touch keyboard. Related Articles: Turn off Click Sound for On-Screen...
  7. Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Autocorrect Misspelled Words for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware...
  8. Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware keyboard...
  9. Turn On or Off Automatically Show Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Automatically Show Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Automatically Show Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Automatically Show Touch Keyboard when No Keyboard Attached in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external...
  10. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Taskbar Avoidance in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Taskbar Avoidance in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Taskbar Avoidance in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for...