Windows 10: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift

Discus and support Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Use All Uppercase Letters when Double-tap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift

How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift

Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Use All Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift in Windows 10

You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs.

By default, the touch keyboard will use all uppercase letters when you double-tap Shift.

Use all uppercase letters when double-tap Shift will not work while using the standard keyboard layout option on the the touch keyboard.

If you're using a non-touch PC (ex: desktop), you could still use the touch keyboard if you like, but you would have to use your pointer to click on the keys instead of touching/tapping them.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off use all uppercase letters when you double-tap Shift while using the touch keyboard for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Use All Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Use All Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Touch keyboard double-tap Shift

Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Use All Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Typing on the left side, and turn On (default) or Off Use all uppercase letters when I double-tap Shift under Touch keyboard on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Use All Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7

EnableShiftLock DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Touch Keyboard Use All Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_touch_keyboard_use_all_uppercase_letters_when_double-tap_Shift.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Touch Keyboard Use All Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_touch_keyboard_use_all_uppercase_letters_when_double-tap_Shift.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Toggle to hide and show touch keyboard on taskbar to apply. (see screenshot below)

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 11, 2016
  2. Leifennie Win User

Touch keyboard constantly types in uppercase

My touch screen keyboard automatically types in constant uppercase. And when I try to turn it off, it types in lowercase but the keyboard is showing uppercase letters. Does anyone have a fix for the error? Please help! Thank you!

Leifennie, Oct 26, 2019
  3. jim1840 Win User
    N97 - double tap on qwerty shift key not able to get caps lock

Hi to all. This is my first posting.

I can only tap once to get a uppercase letter. However, if i double tap the shift key on the pad, it goes back to lowercase letter.

Anyone encounter the same problem and any solution to it.

THanks All:smileytongue:

jim1840, Oct 26, 2019
  4. jim1840 Win User

N97 - double tap on qwerty shift key not able to get caps lock

Hi
    loriot
    , thanks for the fast response. Currently using firmware v12. Tried on note and sms messaging. Double tap does not give me uppercase. I have to hold on to shift key and continue to type for uppercase.

jim1840, Oct 26, 2019
  5. 950xl Double tap wake up JUST QUIT - 2018

1.) "We’d like to know if the issue happened after the recent update?"

ANSWER: No.

2.) "Is the issue still persisting after turning on and off the double-tap to wake?"

ANSWER: My MS 950xl, under TOUCH, doesn't have a listing for DOUBLE TAP TO WAKE. The DOUBLE TAP just always worked.

3.). Where is the DOUBLE TAP TO WAKE option located, please?

4.) Where do I find TROUBLE SHOOTING steps for MS 950xl, DOUBLE TAP TO WAKE?

joanmariebernadette, Oct 26, 2019
  6. N97 - double tap on qwerty shift key not able to get caps lock

Well, I am using version 12.0.026 and tried it in the agenda and in a new document of Quickoffice. The result in both cases:

- dubbel tap: uppercase letter stays appearing until I give a tap again, then: 1 lowercase and the following letters uppercase until I give a dubbel tap: it changes from upper- to lowercase.

So probably it depends on the system software and you are having an alder version then 12.0.024.

loriot---01, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Uppercase Letters when Double-tap Shift - Similar Threads - Turn Off Touch

2. How to Turn on or off Shift Lock on Touch Keyboard in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn on or off Shift Lock on Touch Keyboard in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to enable or disable Shift Lock for Touch Keyboard in Windows 11 or Windows 10, this guide will help you do that. It is possible to turn on or off Shift Lock for your Touch keyboard with the help of the Registry Editor. You might often need to type...
  3. How to stop Touch keyboard from showing Period after double-tapping the Spacebar

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Touch keyboard from showing Period after double-tapping the Spacebar: [ATTACH]If you double-tap the Spacebar on your Touch keyboard, it shows a Period or Full-stop in the sentence. However, if you want to stop the Touch keyboard from showing a period after double-tapping the Spacebar, here is how you can do that. You can turn off this setting...
  4. turning off tapping on touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning off tapping on touchpad: After a windows update the touchpad on my laptop now uses tap to click. I've been through lots of mouse, pionter & touchpad settings but it will not give me the option to turn off tapping. Can anyone come up with anything? Thanks very much....
  5. Double Tap

Double Tap: When I want to "enter" something and I tap that key, it always returns to the same empty space and I have to re-enter and tap "enter" again. What can cause that? It is annoying....
  6. RE: how to turn off double clicking/tapping on touch pad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RE: how to turn off double clicking/tapping on touch pad: I just got a new laptop and couldn't figure out how to turn off double clicking to open applications. Usually I've just gone into Synaptics or mouse settings and found it, but it's not there for this pc. I came in here to ask and saw that I'm not alone. I did not read every...
  7. Double tap to drag without losing double tap to select

Double tap to drag without losing double tap to select: Hello! New laptop, new touchpad. Found the "Tap twice and drag to multi-select" feature. I want to be able to do two things: 1) Double tap on a word to select the entire word 2) Double tap and drag (on whatever; e.g. a scrollbar) to drag the thing If I turn ON "Tap...
  8. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Period after Double-tap Spacebar

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Period after Double-tap Spacebar: How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Period after Double-tap Spacebar Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Add Period after Double-tap Spacebar in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware...
  9. Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off: How to: Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off How to Turn On or Off Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The double tap to wake feature allows you to awaken your sleeping phone by tapping twice on the screen. This...
  10. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Capitalize First Letter Each Sentence

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Capitalize First Letter Each Sentence: How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Capitalize First Letter Each Sentence How to Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Capitalize First Letter of Each Sentence in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical,...