Windows 10: Turn On or Off TruePlay for Gaming in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off TruePlay for Gaming in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off TruePlay for Gaming in Windows 10 [img] Information Gaming is more fun when everyone plays fairly. Windows will share system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off TruePlay for Gaming in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off TruePlay for Gaming in Windows 10

Turn On or Off TruePlay for Gaming in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Gaming is more fun when everyone plays fairly. Windows will share system info with games using TruPlay to make sure everything runs the way is was meant to.

TruePlay, formerly called Game Monitor, provides developers with a new set of tools to combat cheating within their PC games.

A game enrolled in TruePlay will run in a protected process, which mitigates a class of common attacks. Additionally, a Windows service will monitor gaming sessions for behaviors and manipulations that are common in cheating scenarios. These data will be collected, and alerts will be generated only when cheating behavior appears to be occurring. To ensure and protect customer privacy while preventing false positives, these data are only shared with developers after processing has determined cheating is likely to have occurred.

The TruePlay APIs for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) allow limited interaction between games and the game monitoring system on Windows 10 PCs.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off TruePlay to combat game cheating for your account in Windows 10.

Note Turning off TruePlay may limit the games you can play.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Game Bar in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Gaming icon.

2. Click/tap on TruePlay on the left side, and turn on or off (default) TruePlay on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off TruePlay using a REG file

Note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Games

EnableXBGM DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On TruePlay
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_TruePlay.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off TruePlay
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_TruePlay.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Aug 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 Settings --> Gaming --> "TruePlay"

Hi All,

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah!

I have a question about one of the settings of Windows 10.

In the "Gaming" section of "Windows 10 Settings" there is a sub section called "TruePlay". What, exactly, is "TruePlay" and what, exactly, does it, "TruePlay", do? The "Get help" link only takes you to a window with a few selections on it, including
    "Microsoft’s virtual support agent", that have nothing to do with the "TruePlay" setting in "Windows Gaming Settings".

Please see the image below if you have a question about the setting I am talking about.

Turn On or Off TruePlay for Gaming in Windows 10 336dfb19-2450-4d70-b1b0-c0b6600ad9e5.png

Any information you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely, Richard Williams

DomainMasters.NET Web Hosting

Stonerichi, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    Windows 10 Settings --> Gaming --> "TruePlay"

Hi Richard,

TruePlay is one of the features of Windows 10 which is basically meant to function as an anti-cheat process for most of the games you can play on your system. There are a lot of anti-fraudulent programs created by different developers, nevertheless, TruePlay
    has been the mark of these kind of software since it is the very first owned by Microsoft.

Just like any other anti-cheat programs out in the market, TruePlay promotes fair play on each gaming applications, and it helps protect player accounts for accidental ban due to detected malicious activity on games even if you are not cheating. Most of
    games nowadays will require these kind of features, the reason why it does say on the description that some of the games may not be available if this is turned off.

With this being said, we recommend that you take advantage of this feature for your own safety. Not only you are helping yourself protect your accounts from being accidentally banned, but also helping us sniff out those who are going against Fair Play policies.
    We have a rather technical article of what TruePlay is and how does it work. Please feel free to use this link as your reference:

Microsoft Developer Network (Windows Development Center | Graphics and Gaming) - TruePlay.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Nick Dich, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off TruePlay for Gaming in Windows 10

TruePlay

trueplay was there when i had windows 10 home installed, upgraded to pro and it's gone from the gaming setting.

BrandonRagusi, Oct 26, 2019
  5. TruePlay

I can't find TruePlay in the windows settings. It's not in settings, gaming?

BrandonRagusi, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Greg Carmack - MVP, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off TruePlay for Gaming in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off TruePlay for Gaming in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off TruePlay

2. Turning Off Game Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning Off Game Bar: Hi, so I need to turn off game bar in order to use a lockdown browser. I went into the gaming settings and turned everything off, but it is still saything that it is active and I can't use the lockdown browser to take my exam. How do I completely turn this off?...
  3. TruePlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TruePlay: I can't find TruePlay in the windows settings. It's not in settings, gaming? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trueplay/2cb7c5e8-6616-4bb5-8af6-db4c10695c43
  4. How to Turn off Game Mode in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Turn off Game Mode in Windows 10?: I know how to get to the game mode section in windows 10 but there isnt a option to turn it off on my PC. When I click on Game Mode from the gaming section it just says This PC supports Game Mode with no option to turn it on or off. Any help would be amazing and THANKS!...
  5. Windows 10 turning off Logitech Gaming Framework

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 turning off Logitech Gaming Framework: I am using a G29 racing wheel and pedals to race in NR2003. Have a GeForce 1060 video card. Have had this problem from the start but used to be able to race for hours. After last windows update I can only race a few minutes. Wheel and pedals still work after software is...
  6. Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, a new Game Mode feature has been added that can optimize your Windows 10 PC for an improvement in game performance and best possible...
  7. Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10. When you have the Game bar turned on, you can select to show tips when you...
  8. Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Game Mode feature has been added that can optimize your Windows 10 PC for an improvement in game performance and best possible experience. When you turn on the Game Mode...
  9. Turn On or Off Game Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Bar in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10. You can also use the Game bar with any app and game in Windows 10....
  10. Turn On or Off Offline Mode for Games in Store in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Offline Mode for Games in Store in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Offline Mode for Games in Store in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Play Store Games Offline on Windows 10 PC [img] Information If you’re planning to be in an area with no online coverage, such as on a long-distance flight or a sailing...