Windows 10: Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by dockmaster, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10

You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs.

Starting with word suggestions as you start typing so you dont have to type the full word and the number of words youve typed by swiping over the letters on the software keyboard. Windows 10 now shows you stats about each of these features.

*note Currently these stats cover the typing insights for software keyboard usage and hardware keyboard prediction features. If you like to see additional insights in the future releases, head over to the Feedback Hub and share your thoughts.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing typing insights for stats about software keyboard usage and hardware keyboard prediction features for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Typing Insights using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Typing on the left side, and click/tap on the Typing insights link under How AI has helped you on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Turn on (default) or off Typing insights for what you want. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Typing Insights using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Input\Settings

InsightsEnabled DWORDs

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Typing Insights
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Typing_Insights.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Typing Insights
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Typing_Insights.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

dockmaster, Oct 28, 2015
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10

How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Sticky Notes "Insights" not working with handwriting

Hi ManuelGarces,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you tried to check the settings on the Sticky Note App if the
      Enable Insights is off?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method1: Try enable insights in Sticky notes.

1. Open the Sticky Notes app.
    2. Click/tap on the 3 dots menu button, and click/tap on Settings.
    3. Click/tap on Enable insights to toggle to disable (uncheck) or enable (check) it

Method 2: Fix problem with apps.

I suggest you to follow this article on
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    , an check if that helps.

Method 3: Reset Sticky Notes in Windows 10.

1. Open the Settings Navigate to
      Apps and then select Apps & features.
    2. Look for the Sticky Notes
      entry and click on the same to select it. You should now see
      Advanced options link
    3. Click Advanced
      options link to open Storage usage and app reset page.
    4. Click the Reset button. When you see the confirmation, click the
      Reset button to reset the Sticky Notes
      app.
    5. Restart the PC once you reset the
      Sticky Notes
      app.

Re-install sticky notes app from the Microsoft store and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Typing Insights in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Typing

2. IS there any way to turn off "Money Insight" notifications in the Windows 11 Widget?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IS there any way to turn off "Money Insight" notifications in the Windows 11 Widget?: Hi,I keep getting these annoying money insight notifications:I'm not interested in them - is there any way to turn them off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-turn-off-money-insight/21602f13-f511-4b0e-b0c8-861a3b4bb5b3
  3. IS there any way to turn off "Money Insight" notifications in the Windows 11 Widget?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IS there any way to turn off "Money Insight" notifications in the Windows 11 Widget?: Hi,I keep getting these annoying money insight notifications:I'm not interested in them - is there any way to turn them off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-turn-off-money-insight/21602f13-f511-4b0e-b0c8-861a3b4bb5b3
  4. Are there keyboard shortcuts to Typing insights?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there keyboard shortcuts to Typing insights?: Hi, I like the Typing insights in windows 10.I wonder if I can use keyboard shortcuts to select the words, instead of moving the cursor to the word and click it.If that's currently not available, can you help me submit a request? Thank you!...
  5. Are there keyboard shortcuts to Typing insights?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there keyboard shortcuts to Typing insights?: Hi, I like the Typing insights in windows 10.I wonder if I can use keyboard shortcuts to select the words, instead of moving the cursor to the word and click it.If that's currently not available, can you help me submit a request? Thank you!...
  6. How to turn Typing Insights On or Off in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn Typing Insights On or Off in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows OS comes with an on-screen keyboard which is useful for users with touchscreen Windows devices. If you do not have a touchscreen laptop, you can still launch the on-screen keyboard. Windows 11 has a feature, named Typing Insights for touch or on-screen...
  7. Turn On or Off Narrator Announce Characters as Typed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Narrator Announce Characters as Typed in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Narrator Announce Characters as Typed in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hear Narrator Announce Characters as Typed in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse...
  8. Turn On or Off Narrator Announce Words as Typed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Narrator Announce Words as Typed in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Narrator Announce Words as Typed in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hear Narrator Announce Words as Typed in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to...
  9. Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Getting to know you for Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10 When the user dictionary for you that is used to make better typing suggestions and improve handwriting...
  10. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turning off window phone typing assist