Windows 10: Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10 The USB selective suspend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10

The USB selective suspend feature allows the hub driver to suspend an individual port without affecting the operation of the other ports on the hub. Selective suspension of USB devices is especially useful in portable computers, since it helps conserve battery power. Many devices, such as fingerprint readers and other kinds of biometric scanners, only require power intermittently. Suspending such devices, when the device is not in use, reduces overall power consumption.

For more information about USB selective suspend, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off USB selective suspend for your power plan in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend Setting in Power Options
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend Setting in Command Prompt

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend Setting in Power Options
    1. Open your advanced power plan settings.

2. Expand open USB settings and USB selective suspend setting, select Enabled (default) or Disabled for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend Setting in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Enter the command(s) below you want to use into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

(On battery: Enabled) - Default
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3 48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226 1

OR

(On battery: Disabled)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3 48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226 0

AND/OR

(Plugged in: Enabled) - Default
    *Arrow powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3 48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226 1

OR

(Plugged in: Disabled)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3 48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226 0

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 22, 2017

2. USB selective suspend settings not available?

Hello Grant,

To answer your question about USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Open Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    • Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Please check out the image below for your reference:

Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10 1f6ab742-6b2f-4cb8-ae34-a5db8caa86d8.png

Keep us informed about the outcome.

Thank you.

Edjay Rust, Oct 26, 2019
  3. USB Selective Suspend is not working

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest to post this under "Sleep and Power on/off" or "Windows Settings."

Also refer this for Windows USB Selective Suspend:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

GaneshGandhi1982, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10

USB selective suspend

Hi,

To better explain your concern, kindly refer to the support link below:

Let us know if you need further help.

Best regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Oct 26, 2019
  5. John_334 Win User
    Windows 10, unable to disable USB selective suspend

Upon upgrading to Windows 10, I have noticed that my external USB device powers off after a few minutes of inactivity.

I have researched this, and already changed the following setting:

For all 4 power plans listed on my computer, I have gone to "USB settings", and selected "disable" for "USB selective suspend setting" for both "on Battery" and "Plugged in" for all 4 power plans.

Device manager: "USB Serial Bus Controllers", I have made sure all USB items that have a "Power Management" tab are unchecked for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

The issue continues, the USB device still turns off after a few minutes of inactivity. This happens on 2 separate Windows 10 machines, and never happened on the same machine running Windows 7, before the upgrade to Windows 10.

Are there any other settings that I need to change to disable the USB selective suspend in Windows 10?

Is there a registry setting where I can simply change the timeout period to some other timeout value, i.e. 60 minutes?

John_334, Oct 26, 2019
  6. daksin Win User
    Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend

Hi there- kind of an unusual problem. I'm having issues with a 3rd party Microsoft wireless controller receiver shutting off in game. One option I haven't explored yet is USB selective suspend messing with its power. Unfortunately, when I go to change the advanced power settings of my power plan on the Surface Book, there's no USB power settings at all. You can see it for yourself in the screenshot here:

Any ideas how to access this setting and turn off USB selective suspend, or another way to turn it off without going into power plan settings?

daksin, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off USB

2. USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.: I am trying to find the USB Selective Suspend Setting in my computer, I am on windows 11 and found the power options, the next step would be to select USB Settings {expand} and then disable the selective suspend setting, but I cant find it anywhere. I am trying to change this...
  3. USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.: I am trying to find the USB Selective Suspend Setting in my computer, I am on windows 11 and found the power options, the next step would be to select USB Settings {expand} and then disable the selective suspend setting, but I cant find it anywhere. I am trying to change this...
  4. USB Selective Suspend turns off my keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Selective Suspend turns off my keyboard: My keyboard disconnects and reconnects every few seconds.I'm running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 on my Surface Book 2.I've tried modifying my power options to disable USB selective suspend, which I needed to change the power settings Attributes registry value...
  5. Windows 10 can't sleep monitor with USB selective suspend OFF and USB controllers plugged...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 can't sleep monitor with USB selective suspend OFF and USB controllers plugged...: Hey, Microsoft, are u going to fix that bug lasts more than 5 years? It's easy to reproduce and many people affected by this bug since there is a lot of discussions in google about that. I can't turn on selective suspend because I'm using synthesizers hardware which...
  6. USB Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Selective Suspend: I've got an issue with selective suspend of a thermal printer in Windows 10 and I can't seem to find anywhere that specifically states the length of time Windows will wait. Any chance there's a simple answer for this? I'm able to disable it entirely, but it seems weird that...
  7. USB Selective Suspend is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Selective Suspend is not working: Greetings all, Long story short: No matter how many USB options I check in device manager (properties > power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power), and no matter how many Advanced power plan settings I adjust the USB selective...
  8. USB Selective Suspend is not working

USB Selective Suspend is not working: Greetings all, Long story short: No matter how many USB options I check in device manager (properties > power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power), and no matter how many Advanced power plan settings I adjust the USB selective...
  9. Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend

Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend: Hi there- kind of an unusual problem. I'm having issues with a 3rd party Microsoft wireless controller receiver shutting off in game. One option I haven't explored yet is USB selective suspend messing with its power. Unfortunately, when I go to change the advanced power...
  10. Adjust USB selective suspend setting

Adjust USB selective suspend setting: I think this is a long shot but here goes.... I know how to turn off/on the "USB selective suspend setting". I actually don't mind that it is enabled however what I find annoying is when my external 'wakes', a window pops up showing all of my files on the external as if I...