Windows 10: Turn On or Off User First Sign-in Animation in Window 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off User First Sign-in Animation in Window 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off User First Sign-in Animation in Window 10 How to Enable or Disable User First Sign-in Animation in Windows 10 By default,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Daniel Dac, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Turn On or Off User First Sign-in Animation in Window 10

How to: Turn On or Off User First Sign-in Animation in Window 10

How to Enable or Disable User First Sign-in Animation in Windows 10

By default, the first sign-in animation will show animated detailed preparation messages when new users sign-in for the first time, and when a user signs in for the first time after a new build or version of Windows 10 has been installed.

This tutorial will help show you how to enable or disable the first sign-in animation when new users sign in to their account for the first time in Windows 10.

You must be signed in to Windows as an administrator to be able to do the steps in this tutorial.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable User First Sign-in Animation using a REG File
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable User First Sign-in Animation in Group Policy

EXAMPLE: User First Sign-in Animation Enabled and Disabled

Turn On or Off User First Sign-in Animation in Window 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable User First Sign-in Animation using a REG File
    The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value below in the registry keys below.

(Group policy key)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

(Default key)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

EnableFirstLogonAnimation DWORD

0 = Disable first sign-in animation
    1 = Enable first sign-in animation

1 Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable "First Sign-in Animation" in Windows 10
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_User_First_Sign-in_Animation.reg

Download

3. To Disable "First Sign-in Animation" in Windows 10
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_User_First_Sign-in_Animation.reg

Download
    4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK.

7 When finished, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable User First Sign-in Animation in Group Policy
    The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option One above.

1 Open the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).

2 If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.

3 In the left pane, click/tap on to expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, and open Logon. (see screenshot below)

4 In the right pane of Logon, double click/tap on Show first sign-in animation to edit it. (see screenshot above)

5 Do step 6 (enable) or step 7 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

6. To Enable "First Sign-in Animation" in Windows 10
    A) Select (dot) Enabled or Not Configured, click/tap on OK, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below step 7A)

Not Configured is the default setting.

7. To Disable "First Sign-in Animation" in Windows 10
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below)

8 You can now close the Local Group Policy Editor window if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Daniel Dac, Dec 5, 2015

2. First Sign-In Animation Reset

Is it possible to reset the first sign-in animation for a user on Windows 10? I know, you can disable the first sign-in animation for a user or enable it, but that only works for the first login.

Is there a possibility to reset the animation and play it again on next login by setting or deleting a registry key under HKCU of the user?

Best regards,

Florian

FlorianSchoenemann, Dec 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Login Screen - How to Modify

In short, No.I haven't seen an article like this where this could happen.Ten forums has following tutorials related to sign In screen:

• Sign-in Animation - Turn On or Off in Window 10
    • Sign-in Message for Users - Add in Windows 10
    • Sign-in on Wakeup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen Accent Color - Change in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen Background Image - Change in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen Background Image - Enable or Disable in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen - Do Not Display User Name in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen - Enable or Disable Num Lock in Windows 10
    • Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off User First Sign-in Animation in Window 10

You're most welcome Daniel, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Dec 5, 2015
  5. evildog1 Win User
    Thanks. That's what i'm looking for and this would be useful at my school, but does it improve login speed a little bit?

evildog1, May 15, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello evildog1, *Smile

Disabling the first sign-in experience saves you a little bit of time for only the first sign-in.

Brink, May 15, 2016
  7. evildog1 Win User
    Yeah i know and that's why i wanted to disable the animation.

evildog1, May 16, 2016
  8. norb Win User

With Group Policy, the same can be used in domain group policy isn't it? Any variations from the actual policy?

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello @norb, and welcome to Ten Forums.

I'm afraid that I don't know for domain group policy. Hopefully, someone else may know. *Sad

Brink, Apr 23, 2017
  10. norb Win User
    Also, I would like to add that in my windows 10 version 1511 the registry path for the dword value is in the following one:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon not the one mentioned in the recommendation.

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you norb. The policy setting in the both options of the tutorial will override this setting, but I'll include it in the .reg file to be thorough. *Smile

Brink, Jun 1, 2017
  12. Will this serve any use for a single user account? The screenshots in this tutorial remind me of each major version update (e.g. Anniversary Update --> Creators Update --> Fall Creators Update, etc.), so I wonder if this helps speed up the update process as well.

Soyabeaner, Feb 23, 2018
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Soyabeaner, *Smile

It's one of those whether you want to see them or not type settings. It won't affect performance any.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off User First Sign-in Animation in Window 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off User

2. How to check when windows 11 "First time sign-in animation" finished

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check when windows 11 "First time sign-in animation" finished: Hello,is there a way to check when or if "First time sign-in animation"Hi....."" is finished ?Maybe by some value in windows registry ?Thank you....
  3. Windows 10 won't turn off display when no user is signed in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't turn off display when no user is signed in.: I have my display set to turn off after two hours of inactivity. This works fine when I'm signed in and it works if I lock the computer with Win+L while I'm still signed in. However, if I actually sign out and leave the computer at the lock screen with no user signed in, the...
  4. Windows 10 won't turn off display when no user is signed in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 won't turn off display when no user is signed in.: I have my display set to turn off after two hours of inactivity. This works fine when I'm signed in and it works if I lock the computer with Win+L while I'm still signed in. However, if I actually sign out and leave the computer at the lock screen with no user signed in, the...
  5. Windows 10 won't turn off display when no user is signed in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to Turn On or Off Animation Effects in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On or Off Animation Effects in Windows 11: [ATTACH]By default, Windows 11 uses animation effects for controls and elements. In this post, we will walk you through the requisite steps for the various methods on how PC users can turn On or Off Animation Effects in Windows 11. Turn On or Off Animation Effects in Windows...
  7. Disable login screen animation and effects... NOT the first sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable login screen animation and effects... NOT the first sign in: Elo people. I have a......problem, for long enough now, for which no matter how much i binged or googled, I didn't come to a solution.The problem is, that I want to disable every Windows 10 animation and effect, at the login screen... NOT the welcome screen or aka first sign...
  8. Animations and Anti-aliasing turned off

Animations and Anti-aliasing turned off: I was drawing by my PC and my sketch pad slapped my keyboard then suddenly all text got super pixelated, when I move around my program windows it shows a highlight of where it will be instead of real time and my task bar just pops up without a smooth animation. I need help I...
  9. Changing the text shown in first sign-in animation?

Changing the text shown in first sign-in animation?: Hi folks, I really like the first sign-in animation of Windows 10 ("Hi ....") and I don't want to deactivate it totally. My forum and google searches did not show me any good results on that since most people just want to switch it off. So I wonder if anyone figured...
  10. Turn On or Off UI Animations in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off UI Animations in Firefox: How to: Turn On or Off UI Animations in Firefox How to Turn On or Off UI Animations in Firefox Quantum [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. The Photon UI includes a number of animations...