Windows 10: Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Cliff S New Member

Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Some websites may have their content available in different languages. Windows can share information about your preferred language list with websites so that they can have the opportunity to respect your language preferences without you having to independently set them for each site.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off websites providing locally relevant content by accessing the language list for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Privacy icon.

2. Click/tap on General on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Let websites provide locally relevant content by accessing my language list on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile

HttpAcceptLanguageOptOut DWORD

<delete> or 0 = On
    1 = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you want to do.

2. To Turn On Website Access of Language List
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_website_access_of_language_list.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Website Access of Language List
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_website_access_of_language_list.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, Apr 26, 2017

2. Keyboard layout syncing issue in Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

A quick question before we proceed:

Does this issue confined to keyboard layout?

I suggest you to Turn off the Language preference and Ease of access Sync settings and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key and then type Sync your settings.

• Turn off language preference and ease of access.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 26, 2017
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Stop Windows 10 syncing keyboard settings

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to Turn off the Language preference and Ease of access Sync settings and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key and then type Sync your settings.
    • Turn off language preference and ease of access.
    Refer to the Microsoft help article below and check if it helps.

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Apr 26, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Cliff, *Smile

That could be why. Please let us now how it turns out.

Brink, Apr 26, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Okey-doke sure will*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Website Access of Language List in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Website

2. Turning off alphabetical listing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off alphabetical listing: I have written a book using Microsoft Word. I have a total of 26 stories in a folder. Word automatically lists the stories in alphabetical order, but my publisher wants the listing in the order dictated for the book. I cannot do a thing to make Word just allow me to list the...
  3. Turning off alphabetical listing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning off alphabetical listing: I have written a book using Microsoft Word. I have a total of 26 stories in a folder. Word automatically lists the stories in alphabetical order, but my publisher wants the listing in the order dictated for the book. I cannot do a thing to make Word just allow me to list the...
  4. turn off access to services.msc on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    turn off access to services.msc on windows 10: Hi I want to prevent access to only services.msc and prevent disabling services on windows 10. How to do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-access-to-servicesmsc-on-windows-10/90a93385-be36-47fe-9a81-dd4da4a24e51
  5. Prevent or let websites provide locally relevant content by accessing language list

in Windows 10 News
    Prevent or let websites provide locally relevant content by accessing language list: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some websites prefer to display their content in multiple languages. As such, they offer more choices and give an opportunity for users to read the content in their local languages. Windows makes this possible by sharing information about the user’s [...]...
  6. Websites languages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Websites languages: I’d like to adjust settings in such way that my browser Internet Explorer 11 shows buttons in one language but some other websites shows the other language. At present, some websites change URL according to my geographical location (I think so) and consequently the site...
  7. Turning off language updates ONLY?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off language updates ONLY?: Hello! I just upgraded and I'm really happy with Windows 10, except for this one thing. I constantly get these messages that say "something happened, we couldn't install a feature" or something to that effect. Windows is trying to install some language/typing updates,...
  8. Turn On or Off Language Bar and Input Indicator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Language Bar and Input Indicator in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Language Bar and Input Indicator in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Language Bar and Input Indicator in Windows 10 In Windows, you can configure your keyboard to use a different keyboard layout or input method to type in another language. The...
  9. Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 [img] Information Apps for websites is a feature that uses web-to-app linking to associate an app with a website. Apps for websites was first introduced in...
  10. Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it)

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it): Hello, I'd like to hide the language bar, as I did with Win7. Currently I have 2 keyboard layouts installed (German, which I use and English) My display language is English, and it seems I cannot remove the English keyboard layout (is it true? suggestions?) Under Win7, when...