Windows 10: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

Windows Security will send notifications with critical information about the health and security of your device. You can specify which informational notifications you want.

Starting with Windows 10 build 16193, Windows Firewall has been renamed to Windows Defender Firewall.

Windows Firewall can help prevent hackers or malicious software from gaining access to your PC through the Internet or a network.

By default, you will be notified when Windows Firewall blocks a new app to be able to allow access if you like.

This tutorial will show how to turn on or off Windows Firewall notifications for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to turn on or off Windows Firewall notifications.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows Firewall Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows Defender Security Center

EXAMPLE: Windows Defender Firewall notification

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows Firewall Settings
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Windows Defender Firewall icon.

*note You can also click/tap on the Settings (gear) button at the bottom left corner to go directly to step 3 below.

2. Click/tap on the Change notification settings link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Check (default) or uncheck the Notify me when Windows Firewall blocks a new app box for what you want for each type of network (ex: private and public), and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note You will not be able to change this settings unless Windows Firewall is turned on for that type of network (ex: private and public).

4. When finished, you can close Windows Defender Firewall settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows Defender Security Center

*note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 15007.
    1. Open Windows Security.

2. Click/tap on the Settings icon, and click/tap on the Manage notifications link under Notifications. (see screenshot below)

3. Turn on (default) or off Notify me when Windows Defender Firewall blocks a new app for all network types (ex: domain, private, and public), OR check (on - default) or uncheck (off) what you want for individual network types (ex: domain, private, and public). (see screenshots below)

4. Click/tap on Yes if prompted by UAC to approve.

5. When finished, you can close Windows Security if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails

Hi seagiraffe,

I would suggest you turn the firewall off through Windows Defender Security Centre:

- Open Settings

- Select Update & Security

- Select Windows Security (left-hand side)

- Select Firewall & network protection (under the Protection areas heading)

- Select Domain network/private network/public network

- Toggle the switch to Off under the Windows Defender Firewall heading

- Note: you will need to do this for all three networks (domain, private, public)

You will see 'Action needed' from the Windows Defender taskbar/notification tray icon, however this is just because the firewall has been turned off.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

NathanT_06, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

You can turn off and reset Windows Defender Firewall from:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click on System and Security.
    3. Click on Windows Firewall.

FreeBooter, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows 10 Creator's Update and Windows Firewall

Hi Aaron,

To help resolve the issue, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried the suggestions of Ian Ser in the post above?
    Try the following steps below to turn off the taskbar notification for Windows Defender:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Click Settings, then look for Select which icons appear on the taskbar and click.
    • Turn off Windows Defender notification icon.

We'll wait for your response.

Martin Bar, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Yolvi Ell Win User
    windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Defender

2. Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7: Hello:Please how can I turn of windows defender and windows firewall on my windows7computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-windows-defender-and-firewall-off-on/0af99386-fcb2-4127-9f50-ade92c52b857
  3. Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7: Hello:Please how can I turn of windows defender and windows firewall on my windows7computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-windows-defender-and-firewall-off-on/0af99386-fcb2-4127-9f50-ade92c52b857
  4. How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows Firewall has now been renamed to Windows Defender Firewall. If Windows Firewall is […] This article How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?: 1. Since our Windows 10-Home is on a router I've been told that I don't need to have the Windows Firewall On. Assuming that is still true, how do I turn off the warning message that the firewall is off? 2. How do I get the Malwarebyes icon to be pinned to the always visible...
  6. Windows firewall turned off notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall turned off notification: My question is how do i stop seeing this notification everytime i turn on my pc? It pops on like the 3rd minute on every boot and it's a little annoying and i know i got it turned off. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off: Windows 10 Pro r1903 Recently recovered from failing hard disk. After data recovery (onto new hard drive), this computer could not been seen by others in the same network. I could not even ping it. Network discovery on.... the usual was checked. Then research says check the...
  8. Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails

Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails: Under "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Customize Settings", I clicked "Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)", for both "Private network settings" and "Public Network settings", and clicked "OK". The window I got after that said...
  9. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center will send notifications with critical information about the health and...
  10. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 build 16193, Windows Firewall has been renamed to Windows Defender Firewall. Windows Defender Firewall is designed to help prevent hackers or malicious software...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 2010 turn windows defender notification off