Windows 10: Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows

Discus and support Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows Turn On or Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows

How to: Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows

Turn On or Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message in Windows

Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows [​IMG]
    Information You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows PC from a remote device. When you allow remote desktop connections to your PC, you can use another device to connect to your PC and have access to all of your apps, files, and network resources as if you were sitting at your desk.

When you close a Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) window, you will be prompted with a Your remote session will be disconnected dialog message by default to confirm.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing the Your remote session will be disconnected confirmation message for your account when closing a Remote Desktop Connection window in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message from the Message
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Remote Desktop Connection "Your remote session will be disconnected" message

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message from the Message
    1. Close the Remote Desktop Connection window to trigger the confirmation message.

2. Check the Don't display this message again box, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client

ShowShutdownDialog DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Your_remote_session_will_be_disconnected.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Your_remote_session_will_be_disconnected.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 27, 2017
  2. Maaya1227 Win User

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

Same problem here.

My scenario:

• I use foobar2000 to play music on the remote PC.
    • On that remote PC I have installed virtual-audio-capture-grabber-device
      so that I can stream the music with ffmpeg to my own app.
    • After disconnecting from the remote PC, my music streaming stops.
    I have confirmed that the foobar2000 never stop playing. The ffmpeg never stop streaming. It looks like the audio output being suspended while RDP session being disconnected. Maybe there is a new energy-saver policy for device after the anniversary update
    of win10?

It had worked many years from XP to the-before-anniversary-updated Win10.

It seems I can't but switch to Chrome desktop.

Maaya1227, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop - Screen resolution in remote session

I have connected to a remote desktop session and the windows in the remote session are all too small for me to see.

I have edited the remote desktop connection settings and cannot seem to make anything larger.

I am using a new Dell Inspiron Laptop which has a very high screen resolution 3840 x 2160

Any suggestions appreciated

Thank you

GreenlaneAC, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

Hi,

For troubleshooting steps on how to fix this, follow the steps below:

• Open the Remote desktop connections tab.
    • Once opened, click on Show options.
    • Click the Local Resources tab.
    • Under Remote audio, click Settings.
    • Select Play on remote computer.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

Hi.

When I disconnect a Remote Desktop Session to a Windows 10 host, the applications keep on running, but sounds stop playing, in fact music stop playing.

The Remote Sessions is configured to play sound in the host PC.

Until a couple of days ago, it used to work fine. I do not remember having changed a configuration around this.

It used to work even after the anniversary upgrade.

I have tried changing the policies with the Group Policies Editor, to make sure the session continues after ending the Remote Session but without success.

Can someone help me?, please.

[Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category]

FJSampedro, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10 1903 dwm.exe high cpu usage after remote desktop session disconnected

When the remote desktop session ended, the Windows 10 CPU usage will jump to 25%-30%. The problem is caused by dwm.exe. If VMware server hosts many Windows 10 guests, it will cause VMware server runs in very high CPU level.

In order to solve the problem, the schedule task has been set up. Once the user disconnected from remote desktop session, the command: taskkill.exe /f /im dwm.exe will be run to stop dwm.exe process.

I believe this best way solve the problem.

The alternative is to disable WDDM display driver, back to SDDM driver.

For more detail steps, please refer to youtube:

johnchan00, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows - Similar Threads - Turn Off 'Your

2. Offline files sync at turn off/session closing (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline files sync at turn off/session closing (windows 10): Hi all, I have tried several ideas to sync offline files when turning off windows 10, but none of them has worked. I tried: - the offline files interface: it does not have an option for syncing when turning off - via GPO: it is not available for windows 10 - via task...
  3. Windows 10 1903 dwm.exe high cpu usage after remote desktop session disconnected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 dwm.exe high cpu usage after remote desktop session disconnected: When the remote desktop session ended, the Windows 10 CPU usage will jump to 25%-30%. The problem is caused by dwm.exe. If VMware server hosts many Windows 10 guests, it will cause VMware server runs in very high CPU level. In order to solve the problem, the schedule task...
  4. Windows 10 - HDMI disconnect after turning TV off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - HDMI disconnect after turning TV off: I have Windows 10 on my HTPC - MacMini (late 2012) connected via HDMI to my receiver which is connected to TV. My problem is that HDMI disconnect every time when I turn off my TV. Next time I have to wait few seconds for reconnect. But problem is when I'm in certain...
  5. How to turn on or off Mobile Hotspot remotely in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Mobile Hotspot remotely in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has added support in Windows 10 for turning Mobile Hotspot remotely on and off. Though the Mobile Hotspot feature (earlier known as Virtual Networks) was introduced with the initial release of Windows 10 this feature was added recently. With [...]...
  6. Remote Desktop without loging off after Session

Remote Desktop without loging off after Session: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to do login on a remote computer using remote desktop but I want the session to stay on doing automatic tasks and not go to logon screen even if I close the remote desktop conection on the client side is that possible? 131171
  7. Remote lock session

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote lock session: I would like to be able to remote suspend time allotted for my child's account from time to time -- you know, to get them to come eat, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-lock-session/449a1a86-02e0-48fe-8641-89fd7de8f8e7"
  8. Remote session was disconnected because there are no remote deskcop license servers...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote session was disconnected because there are no remote deskcop license servers...: I'm trying to connect to a host server and am getting this message. Is the problem on my end or the host's end? How would I go about checking to see if the problem is on my side? The tech support on the host's side won't be available until Monday morning, and I need to...
  9. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...
  10. Windows 10 remote desktop session

Windows 10 remote desktop session: I'm trying to connect to my work computer using remote desktop. I have physical access to both. I am getting the following error: your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress. I...