Windows 10: Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows

Discus and support Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows Turn On or Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows

How to: Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows

Turn On or Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message in Windows

Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows [​IMG]
    Information You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows PC from a remote device. When you allow remote desktop connections to your PC, you can use another device to connect to your PC and have access to all of your apps, files, and network resources as if you were sitting at your desk.

When you close a Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) window, you will be prompted with a Your remote session will be disconnected dialog message by default to confirm.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing the Your remote session will be disconnected confirmation message for your account when closing a Remote Desktop Connection window in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message from the Message
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Remote Desktop Connection "Your remote session will be disconnected" message

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message from the Message
    1. Close the Remote Desktop Connection window to trigger the confirmation message.

2. Check the Don't display this message again box, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client

ShowShutdownDialog DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Your_remote_session_will_be_disconnected.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off RDC "Your remote session will be disconnected" Message
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Your_remote_session_will_be_disconnected.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 27, 2017
  2. Maaya1227 Win User

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

Same problem here.

My scenario:

• I use foobar2000 to play music on the remote PC.
    • On that remote PC I have installed virtual-audio-capture-grabber-device
      so that I can stream the music with ffmpeg to my own app.
    • After disconnecting from the remote PC, my music streaming stops.
    I have confirmed that the foobar2000 never stop playing. The ffmpeg never stop streaming. It looks like the audio output being suspended while RDP session being disconnected. Maybe there is a new energy-saver policy for device after the anniversary update
    of win10?

It had worked many years from XP to the-before-anniversary-updated Win10.

It seems I can't but switch to Chrome desktop.

Maaya1227, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop - Screen resolution in remote session

I have connected to a remote desktop session and the windows in the remote session are all too small for me to see.

I have edited the remote desktop connection settings and cannot seem to make anything larger.

I am using a new Dell Inspiron Laptop which has a very high screen resolution 3840 x 2160

Any suggestions appreciated

Thank you

GreenlaneAC, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

Hi,

For troubleshooting steps on how to fix this, follow the steps below:

• Open the Remote desktop connections tab.
    • Once opened, click on Show options.
    • Click the Local Resources tab.
    • Under Remote audio, click Settings.
    • Select Play on remote computer.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

Hi.

When I disconnect a Remote Desktop Session to a Windows 10 host, the applications keep on running, but sounds stop playing, in fact music stop playing.

The Remote Sessions is configured to play sound in the host PC.

Until a couple of days ago, it used to work fine. I do not remember having changed a configuration around this.

It used to work even after the anniversary upgrade.

I have tried changing the policies with the Group Policies Editor, to make sure the session continues after ending the Remote Session but without success.

Can someone help me?, please.

[Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category]

FJSampedro, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10 1903 dwm.exe high cpu usage after remote desktop session disconnected

When the remote desktop session ended, the Windows 10 CPU usage will jump to 25%-30%. The problem is caused by dwm.exe. If VMware server hosts many Windows 10 guests, it will cause VMware server runs in very high CPU level.

In order to solve the problem, the schedule task has been set up. Once the user disconnected from remote desktop session, the command: taskkill.exe /f /im dwm.exe will be run to stop dwm.exe process.

I believe this best way solve the problem.

The alternative is to disable WDDM display driver, back to SDDM driver.

For more detail steps, please refer to youtube:

johnchan00, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off 'Your remote session will be disconnected' in Windows - Similar Threads - Turn Off 'Your

2. Your Remote Desktop Services Session Ended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Remote Desktop Services Session Ended: HelloRDP is enabled on the device but upon connecting, after logging off the current user, we get the following error.Your Remote Desktop Services Session has ended.The connection to the remote computer was lost, possibly due to network connectivity problems. Try connecting...
  3. Your Remote Desktop Services Session Ended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Remote Desktop Services Session Ended: HelloRDP is enabled on the device but upon connecting, after logging off the current user, we get the following error.Your Remote Desktop Services Session has ended.The connection to the remote computer was lost, possibly due to network connectivity problems. Try connecting...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  5. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  6. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Enable or Disable Your remote session will be disconnected RDC prompt

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Your remote session will be disconnected RDC prompt: [ATTACH]If you enable RDC, you can increase the number of Remote Desktop Connections in Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer. In this post, we will show you how to Turn On or Off the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) prompt Your remote session will be disconnected in Windows...
  8. The Remote Computer disconnected the session...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Remote Computer disconnected the session...: I'm trying to set up a new PC in my workplace. We use Remote Desktop to connect to our server, which is an ancient win2000 unit, but I've set up plenty of new Windows 10 machines throughout the office and never had this issue. Normally, I enter the address of the server and...
  9. The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...

in Windows 10 News
    The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) is a role in Remote Desktop Services (RDS) that host Windows applications or desktops. These can be accessed using the […] This article The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...
  10. Remote session was disconnected because there are no remote deskcop license servers...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote session was disconnected because there are no remote deskcop license servers...: I'm trying to connect to a host server and am getting this message. Is the problem on my end or the host's end? How would I go about checking to see if the problem is on my side? The tech support on the host's side won't be available until Monday morning, and I need to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop you have been disconnected because another connection was made

2. windows 7 stop message this will disconnect your remote

3. disable your remote session has been disconnected