Windows 10: Turn on windows security center service nagging message

Discus and support Turn on windows security center service nagging message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [img] Every time I switch on my PC, after about 5 minutes, I get this annoying notification (see picture) from my OS asking me to turn on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by khayman, Aug 19, 2015.

1. khayman Win User

Turn on windows security center service nagging message

Turn on windows security center service nagging message [​IMG]

Every time I switch on my PC, after about 5 minutes, I get this annoying notification (see picture) from my OS asking me to turn on the security center service; please, note that, on my PC, I am judge, jury and executioner, meaning I decide what stays on and off, at least I've always been so although now, with Windows 10, this has become somehow more difficult. So, yes, I have turned off the security center service because I don't need it and I don't want it! Furthermore, I most definitely don't want anyone reminding me about it!
    Now. I've tried disabling every possible notification I could find under the notification menu and the security center one; I've Googled for a solution but I haven't found anything: apparently, everybody loves this service. Well, I don't so, if anybody knows a way to get rid of that pestering message, please, be so kind as to share it.
    Thanks in advance, D.

While I'm here, is it possible to obtain system privileges in Windows 10? I've tried the old trick with the cmd task but it doesn't work anymore: the cmd windows does open and with "system" as well but it's not interactive apparently.
    Thanks again.

:)

khayman, Aug 19, 2015

2. windows security centre can,t be started

Whenever I start my PC after 2 or 3 minutes a message in action center come "The windows security service center is turned off" and whenever I try to turn on security center service ,a dialog box shows that windows security service can't be started but still
    I manage to turn it on by taking help from google , you know by opening services.msc and starting security center from there. This thing turns on the security center temporarily and again when I start my PC and this message comes again "The windows security
    service center is turned off" .

PLEASE help me out and give a permanent solution to turn on my security service center.

ankitjangidXR, Aug 19, 2015
  3. the windows security service can't be started

Whenever I start my PC after 2 or 3 minutes a message in action center come "The windows security service center is turned off" and whenever I try to turn on security center service ,a dialog box shows that windows security service can't be started but
    still I manage to turn it on by taking help from google , you know by opening services.msc and starting security center from there. This thing turns on the security center temporarily and again when I start my PC and this message comes again "The windows
    security service center is turned off" .

Mehul karnavat, Aug 19, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Sorry, chum, I have the same reservations about this, but it's basically impossible to shut that off. If you turn it off, you will be nagged to death about it. I used to do exactly what you are trying, but from Windows 7 up, it has become impossible to not run that service without substantial nagging.

To get to the Admin Command Prompt, press Win+X and choose "Command Prompt (Admin)" - Under Windows 7 you could go to the "Run" panel and choose the "Run as Administrator" checkbox while entering "CMD", but that has all been changed because it's all there in the Win+X shortcut.

XweAponX, Aug 19, 2015
  5. AveYo Win User
    Manually disable the Action center icon from turn system icons on or off. And to actually disable notifications:
    Code: @reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell" /v UseActionCenterExperience /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f[/quote] sc create ... type= own type= interact has been discontinued and no longer works. Use PAExec.

AveYo, Aug 19, 2015
  6. I have managed to disable the message, I guess that with this one, but it also disables system tray icons:

reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer" /v "DisableNotificationCenter" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

TairikuOkami, Aug 19, 2015
  7. khayman Win User

I've never had any such problems before: I've always turned off this service: this notification has only appeared with Windows 10
    The command prompt (admin) doesn't actually give you system privileges, i.e. the account name is still mine; in Windows XP you could actually see your account name change to "system" and then, if you wanted to, you could have done everything in your os, really everything.

khayman, Aug 22, 2015
  8. khayman Win User
    sc create ... type= own type= interact has been discontinued and no longer works. Use PAExec.[/quote] I've already disabled the tray icon, it's amongst the first things I do on a new OS and, unfortunately, the registry hack doesn't work either; the message still appears.
    I'm not sure I understand how paexec works: I've downloaded it but it doesn't actually open...

khayman, Aug 22, 2015
  9. khayman Win User
    Sorry, I don't have that key in my regedit

Turn on windows security center service nagging message [​IMG]

khayman, Aug 22, 2015
  10. khayman Win User
    khayman, Aug 22, 2015
  11. You have to create it, enter the command to CMD as admin, it will do.

TairikuOkami, Aug 22, 2015
  12. khayman Win User

It doesn't work even after creating the reg keys...

khayman, Aug 22, 2015
  13. khayman Win User
    Nevermind; I've solved the problem on my own.... I've reverted to Windows 8.1!

khayman, Aug 23, 2015
  14. Sorry about it, I have just tested it, for the future reference this is the right command to disable it:

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings" /v "NOC_GLOBAL_SETTING_TOASTS_ENABLED" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

TairikuOkami, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Turn on windows security center service nagging message - Similar Threads - Turn security center

2. Unable to turn on Window Security Center Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on Window Security Center Service: Turn on Window Security Center Service.This notification keeps popping up on the screen notifications tab. When clicked Can't turn on Windows Security Center serviceThis message pops up on the screen. Please help me fix this problem....
  3. Unable to turn on Window Security Center Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn on Window Security Center Service: Turn on Window Security Center Service.This notification keeps popping up on the screen notifications tab. When clicked Can't turn on Windows Security Center serviceThis message pops up on the screen. Please help me fix this problem....
  4. The "Windows Security Service" and "Security Center" services have both turned off and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Windows Security Service" and "Security Center" services have both turned off and...: I don't know when this happened, but at one point I wanted some black ops 3 mods that would have gotten in the way of windows Security, the mods were safeso I had to add a folder exclusion, but when I tried to open Windows Security nothing would happen. After that I did some...
  5. The "Windows Security Service" and "Security Center" services have both turned off and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "Windows Security Service" and "Security Center" services have both turned off and...: I don't know when this happened, but at one point I wanted some black ops 3 mods that would have gotten in the way of windows Security, the mods were safeso I had to add a folder exclusion, but when I tried to open Windows Security nothing would happen. After that I did some...
  6. windows security center service turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows security center service turned off: windows security center service was turned off and when i tried to turn on it is saying that "can't be tuned on". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-center-service-turned-off/3d28e87c-28fb-4b03-8144-6ca6676736f0
  7. windows security center service is turned off and will not turn on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security center service is turned off and will not turn on: my windows 10 security center is turned off. I click it to go on, and only an ongoing "getting protection info.." appears, but never turn on....
  8. Windows Security Center Service is turned off notification

Windows Security Center Service is turned off notification: For a couple of weeks I have been receiving an occasional "Windows Security Center Service is turned off" notification. Since this started happening, when I turn on the computer I leave my cable modem disconnected and powered off until I check two things: Settings>View...
  9. turn on windows security center service

turn on windows security center service: turn on windows security center service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-windows-security-center-service/adcc8a1a-fb95-444c-87d1-bda1f9657ebf"
  10. Disabling "Turn on Windows Security Center service" popup

Disabling "Turn on Windows Security Center service" popup: I hate this pop up so much. Every time I reinstall Windows 10, it plagues me. What can I do to disable it? [img] 106882