Windows 10: Turning off notification to enable edge access on touch screens

Discus and support Turning off notification to enable edge access on touch screens in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My wife's All-in-one Vaio has a touch screen that had to be turned off. But, there is this Edge Access feature on it where the bottom lower corner of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertoSanabria, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Turning off notification to enable edge access on touch screens

My wife's All-in-one Vaio has a touch screen that had to be turned off. But, there is this Edge Access feature on it where the bottom lower corner of the screen has some kind of function. It keeps flashing this popup at random times, sometimes right in the middle of her writing an e-mail or updating an important document.

I managed to at least disable the annoying sound it made by first locating the sound file and then renaming the file extension, which rendered it inoperative. But the popup reminder still comes on, right in the middle of the screen, usually at the worst possible time. EVERY time I try to find out how to disable it, the only answers I get back are all about Edge the Browser. Nothing in the literature seems to acknowledge the existence of this obnoxious "Edge Access" feature in touch screens.

Can you help?? Thanks.

:)

RobertoSanabria, Aug 14, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 14, 2018
  3. How to enable touch screen function on Lenovo ideapad 500

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to enable touch in Lenovo idea pad. Please perform the steps and check if you can enable your touch screen.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start Menu, locate and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View by: Category and change it into
      Large or Small Icons.
    • Click on Pen and Touch, once there click on theTouch tab and check the option
      “Use your finger as Input Device”.

For further assistance I suggest you to contact with Lenovo support:

Home Global Support - us

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Turning off notification to enable edge access on touch screens

touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Turning off notification to enable edge access on touch screens

1. Turning off notification to enable edge access on touch screens - Similar Threads - Turning off notification

2. Notifications and calendar partly off the edge of the screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications and calendar partly off the edge of the screen.: When I click on the date my pop up calendar is off the edge of the screen and I cannot see the whole month. I am using a laptop and a monitor with extended screen but unplugging the monitor makes no difference. Windows 11. Acer Aspire 3 A315-58 . Can anyone help?See picture...
  3. Notifications and calendar partly off the edge of the screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications and calendar partly off the edge of the screen.: When I click on the date my pop up calendar is off the edge of the screen and I cannot see the whole month. I am using a laptop and a monitor with extended screen but unplugging the monitor makes no difference. Windows 11. Acer Aspire 3 A315-58 . Can anyone help?See picture...
  4. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  5. How to turn off the touch screen edge swipe?

How to turn off the touch screen edge swipe?: Hello, I have a surface pro 7 and for the life of me I cant find how to turn off the incredibly disruptive touch screen edge swipe. Im trying to hold my tablet and it just starts swiping left and right because the sensitivity is too high. How to I turn off the edge swipe?...
  6. Windows Notifications Are Off Edge of Screen

Windows Notifications Are Off Edge of Screen: Have an XPS 9570 laptop with two external monitors connected through Pluggable USB Displayport hub. I had this setup with my previous laptop running Windows 10. I have all the screen scaling in display settings set to 125% which is recommended I think for the built-in...
  7. Turning off Touch Screen on the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off Touch Screen on the computer: Split from this thread. Oh ok. Then can you help me on turning off my touch screen on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/turning-off-touch-screen-on-the-computer/d5140994-e1ba-4eb5-a793-018593754ad9
  8. Turning off notification to enable edge access on touch screens

Turning off notification to enable edge access on touch screens: My wife's All-in-one Vaio has a touch screen that had to be turned off. But, there is this Edge Access feature on it where the bottom lower corner of the screen has some kind of function. It keeps flashing this popup at random times, sometimes right in the middle of her...
  9. Turn off notifications

Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955
  10. Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Web Notifications for Sites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...