Windows 10: Turning off Update Notifications in GPO?

Discus and support Turning off Update Notifications in GPO? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've been looking endlessly with no luck so hopefully someone here can give me a definitive answer. Preferably what I woud like is to completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bsickable, Sep 18, 2016.

1. bsickable Win User

Turning off Update Notifications in GPO?

I've been looking endlessly with no luck so hopefully someone here can give me a definitive answer. Preferably what I woud like is to completely disable the windows update center. I want it to neither automatically download, nor notify and ask to download updates to windows 10. I want all windows 10 updates to be managed by our sys admin. If that is not possible, I would like to at least disable the notifications that say windows updates are available. Even if the end user can still go in and click the download and install buttons, most of them wont know how to get there without clicking that notification. I have tried disabling the notification center in GPO and the notifications still come, they just dont sit on the task bar anymore. I have also tried "Remove access to use all windows update features" in GPO and this seems to have little to no effect at all despite it sounding like exactly what I was looking for.

This is the notification I'm trying to get rid of.

Turning off Update Notifications in GPO? [​IMG]

Sorry if this is in the wrong board. Thanks in advance.

:)

bsickable, Sep 18, 2016

2. Turning Off Windows Defender Notifications in Windows 10

Right click Start, go to Control Panel, System and Security, Security and Maintenance. Under Security, click "Turn off messages about spyware and unwanted software protection".

mviverette, Sep 18, 2016
  3. Turning Off Windows Defender Notifications in Windows 10

thanks,I ended this drama by uninstalling Bitedefender [free edition] and come to find out that it isn't windows 10 ready so shall wait and just use windows defender in mean time and hope it's sufficient until I can either find something else or check
    back often to see if they release a version that is ready for W10

robert_949, Sep 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you might already be aware of this having searched for a solution:
    Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    and this
    Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    and
    Windows Updates for Microsoft Products - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Then there are these ideas...
    Disabling downloading of Updates - Windows 10 Forums

Hope that's of some help.

Of course that still leaves app updates... which could be stopped by modifying the scheduled task.

dalchina, Sep 18, 2016
  5. bsickable Win User
    That gets rid of the notifications but the ability to go in manually and hit the check and download buttons are still there. Any way to disable that as well? I'm trying to completely disable updates. Not just automatic updates.

bsickable, Sep 19, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    For individual users you could totally fool them by modifying their hosts file so the MS servers are inaccessible.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Turning off Update Notifications in GPO? - Similar Threads - Turning off Update

2. Turning off notifications for onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning off notifications for onedrive: Hi, at first I didn't mind, but now I'm starting to get a bit frustrated because every single day it reminds me that onedrive is full. I can't get more space on it, can I somehow turn off that notifications? If so please tell me how....
  3. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  4. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  5. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Turn off access to windows update feature - GPO not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off access to windows update feature - GPO not working.: Hi reader, I have enabled the GPO:Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Internet Communication Management/Internet Communication settings - Turn off access to windows update feature.But still windows update is able to retrieve updates from internet. I don't...
  7. Turn off access to windows update feature - GPO not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off access to windows update feature - GPO not working.: Hi reader, I have enabled the GPO:Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Internet Communication Management/Internet Communication settings - Turn off access to windows update feature.But still windows update is able to retrieve updates from internet. I don't...
  8. Turn off access to windows update feature - GPO not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Teams turn off notifications

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Teams turn off notifications: Daughter is back at school remotely using Teams Teacher asks a question and all the students reply This then rapidly obscures the chat window with notifications Answer is turn off notifications but when 'More options' is selected for any of the original messages the 'Turn off...
  10. Turn off notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 gpo turn off messages about spyware and unwanted software protection