Windows 10: Turning off "window focus follows mouse"

Discus and support Turning off "window focus follows mouse" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was running Win 7 before the upgrade and I had the window focus setting to follow my mouse. In other words, I just needed to place my mouse in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bam, Jul 29, 2015.

1. BAM
    Bam Win User

Turning off "window focus follows mouse"

I was running Win 7 before the upgrade and I had the window focus setting to follow my mouse. In other words, I just needed to place my mouse in a window for it to be focused... no clicking necessary. There was a small delay in the focus and this worked well for me. I find in 10, however, that the delay is gone so as I move my mouse around the screen, windows popup very quickly. The easiest solution for me is to just turn off the feature. But I can't seem to find where to do that. In 7, this was done via Ease of Access menu but that option is not there in 10 nor is it in the mouse options and I don't see a Windows Settings option/menu anywhere. Anyone have any idea of how to fix this issue? The only way I can manage my windows right now is to minimise everything other than the window I'm working in... this is a bit inconvenient.

:)

2. Lumia 920 camera too bright/overexposed

Try switching the focus assist off, Go in to your camera and hit the "...". Then select "photo settings" and scroll down till you find the Focus Assist option - turn that off

Corporal_Hicks, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    Samsung Omnia 7 - no 3G option available in settings at all

The "3G" option is tied in with the data Connection option. Turn it off, 3G turns off. Turn it on, 3G turns on. This is how my Focus on Rogers (Canada) works.

Entegy, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. BAM
    Bam Win User
    Thanks for the help! That worked! *Biggrin

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turning off "window focus follows mouse" - Similar Threads - Turning off window

2. Focus assist - unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Focus assist - unable to turn off: Focus assist turns on automatically - and the settings for focus assist cannot be accessed via the 'Settings' app.So how can I disable focus assist?Eg. clicking the link here does nothing at all:Nor can the settings for focus be accessed by searching or right-clicking in the...
  3. Focus assist - unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Focus assist - unable to turn off: Focus assist turns on automatically - and the settings for focus assist cannot be accessed via the 'Settings' app.So how can I disable focus assist?Eg. clicking the link here does nothing at all:Nor can the settings for focus be accessed by searching or right-clicking in the...
  4. Focus assist - unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Focus Assist Not Turning Off

Focus Assist Not Turning Off: Hi in settings there is a Focus Assist setting. It's currently set on "Only Alarms" but now I have been trying to click the button that says "Off" but it never responds. You might say that maybe it's because settings doesn't respond for me but NO it's responding with every...
  6. Focus assist won't turn off

Focus assist won't turn off: Hello, Focus assist will not turn off - I have a Surface Pro 4 that recently updated. I have tried turning Focus assist off using the Quick Action button, I have also tried going to Setting > Focus Assist. But when I click "Off" the page just freezes. When I try to click...
  7. Turn off Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off Focus Assist: I'm confused but that is normal.....lol I am easily confused. I just go the update notice for the May 2019 update in August?? Does the tutorial that Brink made create a bootable USB drive with the latest version of windows 10 1903?? To make things more confusing when I did...
  8. turn off focus stealing

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off focus stealing: Hey, how do i turn off focus stealing ? i have already in regedit under ForegroundLockTimeout set 30d40, but still when i am in game for example, pop out windows steal focus and minimizes the game. I don't know about anything else. Is there any way how to turn this off. Thank...
  9. Focus follows mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus follows mouse: Like many old-timers, I find having focus follows mouse (x-mouse) a much more productive way to work than having to click in a window to give it focus. A huge advantage is to have information in a foreground window and be able to move the mouse into a partially obscured...
  10. Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17083, Quiet Hours has been renamed to Focus Assist. Action Center[/b] for you to review later. Are there certain times when you dont...