Windows 10: Turning on Bluetooth Device Turns on PC

Discus and support Turning on Bluetooth Device Turns on PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Bluetooth speaker that I use on several of my devices. On my PC, if I leave the device connected when shutting off either it or the PC, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ryley2637, May 22, 2016.

1. ryley2637 Win User

Turning on Bluetooth Device Turns on PC

I have a Bluetooth speaker that I use on several of my devices. On my PC, if I leave the device connected when shutting off either it or the PC, when I turn on the speaker, the PC will turn on too. I have to disconnect the speaker every time I'm done using it, but I don't always remember to do this, and it shouldn't even happen anyways.

Allow this device to wake the computer is disabled and off. Fast startup is disabled in Power Options and the BIOS. Wake-on-LAN is disabled on the Ethernet device but not the BIOS. The motherboard doesn't have Bluetooth so it's just a tiny USB Bluetooth chip that doesn't have any exceptional software which doesn't have any power management options.

Are their any other settings or tools I can use to stop this from happening? Thanks!

:)

ryley2637, May 22, 2016

2. Bluetooth connection to a audio device

Have you tried uninstalling the Bluetooth Device from your PC altogether using "Remove Device" then turning off Bluetooth on your PC. Turning off your Bluetooth Device. THEN rebooting your PC, turning the Bluetooth Speaker back on and then turning Bluetooth
    back on on your PC and letting it seek your device again?
    Turning on Bluetooth Device Turns on PC [​IMG]

5c66d81a-1cc8-4430-ba2e-a43be2595fdb, May 22, 2016
  3. PC turns on when Bluetooth Device Connects

Is there an option to reset the headphone?

Also, press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Bluetooth

Right click then uninstall entries to see if it helps.

If not, try resetting your BIOS:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-pc-bios-...

Andre Da Costa, May 22, 2016
Thema:

Turning on Bluetooth Device Turns on PC

1. Turning on Bluetooth Device Turns on PC - Similar Threads - Turning Bluetooth Device

2. I turned off bluetooth to turn it back on and add a device, and my bluetooth stopped...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off bluetooth to turn it back on and add a device, and my bluetooth stopped...: As the question states, I removed and attempted to re-add a bluetooth device because it wasn't connecting properly, and then suddenly my computer stopped recognizing bluetooth completely. In addition, the bluetooth troubleshooter stated that my computer is not compatible with...
  3. I turned off bluetooth to turn it back on and add a device, and my bluetooth stopped...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I turned off bluetooth to turn it back on and add a device, and my bluetooth stopped...: As the question states, I removed and attempted to re-add a bluetooth device because it wasn't connecting properly, and then suddenly my computer stopped recognizing bluetooth completely. In addition, the bluetooth troubleshooter stated that my computer is not compatible with...
  4. Bluetooth turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth turn on: can not turn on Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-turn-on/de0bd5f0-d23a-4f4e-a789-cd1fed5eb38c
  5. Bluetooth turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth turn on: can not turn on Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-turn-on/de0bd5f0-d23a-4f4e-a789-cd1fed5eb38c
  6. Turn on bluetooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turn on bluetooth: I have had my laptop for almost a year and have connected Bluetooth devices before, but the Bluetooth option has suddenly disappeared. I tried troubleshooting and it says that my device does not support Bluetooth so I need an external adapter. How can this be fixed?...
  7. Bluetooth not turning on

Bluetooth not turning on: My bluetooth is not working whenever I try to turn it on. The option to turn it off/on is not there and I'm curious if I need to update my driver? It was working perfectly fine yesterday and all of the sudden I can't connect to any bluetooth device....
  8. Bluetooth device keeps turning off.

Bluetooth device keeps turning off.: Hi Guys, I have recently got an issue with my PC connecting to my Sony HiFi with bluetooth. It finds the Sony and I add it to my bluetooth devices through the Windows "Add a Bluetooth Device" however the sound does not play through it. When I run the bluetooth troubleshooter...
  9. bluetooth is not turning on

bluetooth is not turning on: need help my bluetooth in not working i cant get it to do **** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-is-not-turning-on/8de7c9ea-0c63-442d-86f8-614c27187cb3
  10. Turning on BlueTooth Devices Turns on PC

Turning on BlueTooth Devices Turns on PC: I have a BlueTooth speaker that sometimes I will connect to my PC for listening to music. If I don't disconnect the speaker from Windows, then turning on that speaker will turn on the computer if it's off. The power management tab for the Bluetooth USB "dongle" is disabled;...