Windows 10: Turok

Discus and support Turok in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; just installed Turok I have played it on this comp. before but after windows 10 I get this General protection fault! History: Address = 0x48dfa0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vett, Aug 2, 2015.

1. vett Win User

Turok

just installed Turok I have played it on this comp. before but after windows 10 I get this
    General protection fault!

History: Address = 0x48dfa0 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Touchstone\Turok\Binaries\TurokGame.exe]
    Address = 0xa9fe66 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Touchstone\Turok\Binaries\TurokGame.exe]
    Address = 0xaa0186 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Touchstone\Turok\Binaries\TurokGame.exe]
    Address = 0x9f8734 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Touchstone\Turok\Binaries\TurokGame.exe]
    BaseThreadInitThunk() Address = 0x769a3744 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNEL32.DLL]
    RtlCreateHeap() Address = 0x77306e93 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
    Address = 0x129b583 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Touchstone\Turok\Binaries\TurokGame.exe]
    VirtualProtect() Address = 0x76c62c9a (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll]
    RtlFreeHeap() Address = 0x772ec72c (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
    Address = 0x129b42f (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Touchstone\Turok\Binaries\TurokGame.exe]
    GetModuleHandleA() Address = 0x76c576b7 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll]
    BaseThreadInitThunk() Address = 0x769a3744 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNEL32.DLL]
    RtlSetCurrentTransaction() Address = 0x7730a064 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
    RtlSetCurrentTransaction() Address = 0x7730a02f (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
    RtlSetCurrentTransaction() Address = 0x7730a02f (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
    :)

vett, Aug 2, 2015

2. Older games freezing up screen but keep playing on windows 10

I recently got a windows 10 computer and redownloaded some of the older games I had, Like Doom 2 and Turok. Both of these running with newer script or whatever (Doom running on GZdoom and Turok with Night Dive's remaster), but still using the same base
    engine. However, usually after alerting some far off enemy or walking into a new area (but mostly at what seems like random), Doom will freeze early on and only the music can be heard (this happens more commonly with mods, but still happens with the base game)
    . But after a while, I heard enemy sounds and effects, and pressing buttons plays the audio to match the inputs. In Turok, it's when I surface from a body of water into a cave. Only a specific one though, the spots in the tutorial seem to play fine. So it
    seems the game is still playing fine, but the screen is frozen. This happens in windowed and fullscreen. With Turok, it's usually a half chance that it will just crash, but doom usually resumes gameplay but just with a static image of when it froze. Obviously
    older games are less stable on these newer systems, but these are on new platforms that are supposed to support windows 10, and since I don't see any other issues like mine, this seems to be an isolated incident. These are 2 of my favorite games and I desperately
    want to be able to play them again. I'm not entirely sure of my specs, but I'm using a toshiba laptop with an intel graphics card with 8 or so GB RAM. I had an almost identical setup before that worked fine with these games, but it was running windows 8.1,
    leading me to believe it's a windows 10 issue. Thanks for your help.

Hornbuckle0wns, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Older games freezing up screen but keep playing on windows 10

We are glad that you were able to play the game Doom. If you are still experiencing issues with Turok, you may try to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7, Vista or XP.

If you are running the game using the Steam Client, we suggest that you contact Steam Support directly for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you have any other queries, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Aug 2, 2015
  4. MrNeeds Win User

Turok

Looks like a reinstall might fix this, seems to be corrupted, try a reinstall of Turok and see if that fixes it.

MrNeeds, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Turok

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turok filename not found

2. turok binaries

3. windows 7 filename not found in c:windows \system32\kernel32.dll