Windows 10: Turtle Beach headset working either as headphones or microphone.

Discus and support Turtle Beach headset working either as headphones or microphone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm having a slight issue with my turtle beach xo four stealths on my new pc. Before on my laptop, I simply plugged the 3.5mm jack into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by domw0401, Oct 30, 2017.

1. domw0401 Win User

Turtle Beach headset working either as headphones or microphone.

Hi everyone,
    I'm having a slight issue with my turtle beach xo four stealths on my new pc. Before on my laptop, I simply plugged the 3.5mm jack into the headphone port and they acted as both headphones and windows recognized them as an input device also. However now on my new pc build, I have a headphone and a microphone jack and they work separate from each other. This is a pain as I'm trying to stream with OBS and I can either have a mic or my headphones not both like I used to have. Also on a side note, when I plug the headphones into the microphone jack the sound is super quiet with loads of background noise. These are designed for an Xbox one controller and work flawlessly on Xbox with clear sound etc but on the new pc, they are awful!

Edit: Just found that whenever I plug the headset in as a mic or any earphones or headset windows thinks the earpiece or speakers are the microphones which accounts for the bad audio quality. Now is the question of why in hell does windows think the speakers are microphones *Smile

Any help is appreciated!

:)

domw0401, Oct 30, 2017

2. just how

Ok so i have a turtle beach headset for pc and i have a windows 10 computr but it has no microphone port and i need it.

HELP ME Turtle Beach headset working either as headphones or microphone. :(

jtabercrombie, Oct 30, 2017
  3. Microphone not working on my Headset on Windows 10

I got Windows 10 on a Desktop, I plug in my headset into the headphone/headset jack and it only gives me audio, it doesnt allow me to use my mic. I have a Turtle Beach PX24 and theres no support for them on Windows 10. I try to download there EarForce
    Audio Hub and run it in compatibility mode Windows 8.1 and it still doesnt work. I plug my headset into the microphone jack and it doesnt work. I plug the same headphones onto my laptop which has Windows 8.1 and the laptop read that there was a headphone and
    microphone plugged in and it worked, but it doesnt work on Windows 10. Is there a driver that im missing? I am also updated to the recent Windows 10, and my sound card is NVIDIA.

CameronNagle, Oct 30, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Exactly as you stated....they only work for/with Xbox. They are not designed to work with a PC. I've found nothing on Turtle Beach website that states otherwise.

Plankton, Oct 30, 2017
  5. domw0401 Win User
    Yes, it is specifically designed for the Xbox one but as I have previously stated they worked fine on my old laptop and in the specification of the headset here XO FOUR Stealth Gaming Headset | Turtle Beach GB It mentions "PC mic connection" so the argument that "they are just for Xbox" is invalid.
    However maybe they only work with the xbox controllers jack because as soon as i plug the controller in via usb and the mic into the controller windows recognises an xbox headset with mic and speakers and it works perfectly

domw0401, Oct 30, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    It may be different for the EU because with that link I see nothing that states for PC in the specifications tab.

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Turtle Beach headset working either as headphones or microphone. - Similar Threads - Turtle Beach headset

2. turtle beach headsets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turtle beach headsets: How do I use head phones on this gaming PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turtle-beach-headsets/d4df7ced-ed51-4d8e-ae25-977be7bff398
  3. Turtle Beach Xbox headset mic will not work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turtle Beach Xbox headset mic will not work.: I have a wired Xbox controller connected to my pc. I have my turtle beach headset connected to the controller and it picks up game audio but not speech from me or someone else. Any tips? submitted by /u/RubricalBobcat [link] [comments]...
  4. Laptop Not Detecting Headset Microphone (Turtle Beach Recon 70)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Not Detecting Headset Microphone (Turtle Beach Recon 70): So, for the past couple of days the audio quality for my headset has been on the decline; I've tried absolutely everything I could think of or dig up, but I'm not necessarily tech savvy so what I've done is limited; my laptop only recognizes the default Realtek Audio devices,...
  5. Turtle Beach Recon 70 headset microphone to low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turtle Beach Recon 70 headset microphone to low: So, I've been struggling for weeks to try and get this issue resolved, but I cannot seem to figure out why my headset's microphone is so quiet on windows 10. I have tried running speech troubleshooting, I have tried: going into the properties of the microphone and boosting...
  6. turtle beach headset

turtle beach headset: How to get my turtle beach headset microphone to work on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turtle-beach-headset/3e5f81d5-4326-44a1-899c-9954bbbcb850
  7. Turtle beach x50 headset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turtle beach x50 headset: I have 3 Turtle beach x50 headsets, also I have other headsets as well. I'm currently trying to use discord to talk with my PC friends when playing games on my computer. But I'm getting a muffled static feedback when I speak. I enable the mic, checked the port. Tried...
  8. Turtle Beach Microphone Issues

Turtle Beach Microphone Issues: I just got a new Acer Nitro 5 and I plugged in my Turtle Beach Mic & Headset and the headphone audio output worked just fine but the headset and mic won't show up in the recording devices menu. What shows up instead is "Microphone Array" and "Stereo Mix." I am really...
  9. Turtle Beach Earforce x12 Headset

Turtle Beach Earforce x12 Headset: My son has a decent Alienware laptop which he uses mainly for gaming. Windows 10 did an automatic installation last week and caused a number of issues most of which we have now solved. The remaining problem is the Turtle Beach Headset which is not recognised under W10. The...
  10. Windows 10 Turtle beach z22 headset not working

Windows 10 Turtle beach z22 headset not working: any help would be appreciated however for now i'll be sticking with win 7 for now until the issue is resolved itself with drivers *Mad 9877