Windows 10: Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color

Discus and support Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there everyone. I'm not quite sure if there's a post about this already, but here it goes. I would assume people may want to tinker with their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michaelvas17, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color

Hey there everyone.

I'm not quite sure if there's a post about this already, but here it goes. I would assume people may want to tinker with their logon screen background picture. (an example of this screen, to clarify, is below)

Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color [​IMG]

This is the picture that is behind the logon screen, which is by default the Windows 10 hero wallpaper. If you would like to change this image to your accent color, here's how

WARNING:
    To do this option, you will have to mess with registry settings. As you may know, registry settings influence the way Windows works on your machine. Therefore, if you do something incorrectly, you may have to reinstall Windows. Proceed with caution.

The first step is to open Run (
    +R) and type regedit
    Once Registry Editor opens, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System. There, make a new DWORD value called DisableLogonBackgroundImage and set the value to 1 to change it to your accent color. If you ever wish to revert this change, setting it to 0 will revert it back to the 'Hero' image.

Restart and your logon screen background will now be your accent color that you have selected. If it changes, the color of your logon screen will change as well.

Good luck and enjoy your new logon screen. *Wink
    Michael.

:)

Michaelvas17, Aug 20, 2015
  2. Gama1961 Win User

Windows 10 latest update changed my personalized display

I have this save issue on my laptop running W10 Home. All backgrounds were changed. I managed to get the desktop back, but the lock screen and logon screen will only stay a solid color. I am getting
    tired of MS changing my settings and resetting my desktop icons.

Gama1961, Aug 20, 2015
  3. personalization in windows 10

do the start screen and deskstop screen have to have the same background. In windows 8.1 I had a solid color in the start screen background and a picture in the deskstop background. now in windows 10 they are the same. can I change this or not?

NiniMenendez, Aug 20, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color

didn't know I needed a app or to edit the registry to do both those things ,but I can change some colors in settings . I bypass my login screen and go direct to my desktop, I have it set to boot and accept my password and boot direct to desktop ,also I go to settings and chose what ever wallpaper I want ,, also change accent colors in settings ,and the lock screen ,so unless I'm missing the meaning of your post .. one doesn't need 3rd party apps to do either thing

caperjack, Aug 20, 2015
  5. On one updated computer I get choice of pictures,on the other just background colors. Strange dealings.

digitalcurisity, Aug 20, 2015
  6. The post is referring to this screen. My apologies for not clarifying.

I will be updating the OP with pictures once I make them.

Michaelvas17, Aug 20, 2015
  7. caperjack Win User
    I don't see that screen because I boot direct with out having to put in my password ,but I do see when computer wakes from sleeping ,,also the circle where the head is I have a picture of my grand parents and I put it there without ant 3rd party software of registry edits

caperjack, Aug 20, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

Tell Krutonium, that I tried his program and all I got was a Black Screen.

9. caperjack Win User
    ok, I think I get it now you mean the whole picture ,the window and the picture I put it the middle ,ok,, for me I lke the big blue screen the window in it so I will be leaving mine as is ,, sorry for butting in ,

caperjack, Aug 20, 2015
  10. tracit99 Win User
    I have used two programs that change the Login-in Background with varying results. Be fore warned these are not for the faint of heart. They can leave your system unusable. How about a black screen with a mouse cursor for a login screen? I have seen this and more. Be very cautious and by all means have a backup system image.

tracit99, Aug 20, 2015
  11. No problem good to see what you are finding also.

12. To be honest i really don't worry about the screen colors or what ever,it's the programs i really want to work.

13. AveYo Win User

That program is a piece of junk, it has broken countless installations after every patch by Microsoft.
    And when I say broken, I really mean broken, with no solution other than a refresh PC or a image/system restore.

Does not matter who's fault it is. Not worth the risks for a freaking background image you only see 1-2 seconds. Use the disable background reg and forget about it.

AveYo, Aug 20, 2015
  14. I highly agree with you. Use your computer, and don't worry about the screen color or what ever.

15. Gary Win User
    Yes this is what i got. I will leave mine as is. I had to do a re image.

Thema:

1. Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color - Similar Threads - Tutorial Change Logon

2. I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color: No matter what I do, I cannot change my lock screen background. I'm currently trying to change it to a picture of Deep Rock Galactic's Salt Pits biome, but when I try, the preview goes black and has a loading icon that never seems to stop. I've tried:- Letting the picture...
  3. I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color: No matter what I do, I cannot change my lock screen background. I'm currently trying to change it to a picture of Deep Rock Galactic's Salt Pits biome, but when I try, the preview goes black and has a loading icon that never seems to stop. I've tried:- Letting the picture...
  4. I am unable to change the lock screen background from a solid blue color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. solid color background

in Windows 10 Customization
    solid color background: Hello there , I've read somewhere that using solid color background in win7 would cause 30 sec delay in the boot up. what about windows 10 ? what is the best desktop background regarding performance in win10 ? thanks ....
  6. Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.

Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.: After mistakenly installing and then removing an OEM manufacturers program on my Win 10 notebook, my desktop background image is now solid black. On the Personalisation screen, Background tab, this message "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your...
  7. A Solid Colored Background Blocks My Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Solid Colored Background Blocks My Screen: A solid colored background blocks my screen out of the blue. It was the same color as the taskbar. I tried to get rid of it by putting my computer on sleep mode, and then waking it up in a few seconds. How can I stop that solid colored background from blocking my screen out...
  8. How do i change the background of Lock Screen to solid color?

How do i change the background of Lock Screen to solid color?: How do i change the background of Lock Screen to solid color? Reminder, i am NOT referring to the login screen. There is a regedit i have tried that people suggest, creating DWORD 'DisabledLogonBackground', and changed it to "1". Then go to Colors in settings and choosing...
  9. Desktop background picture changes to solid color

Desktop background picture changes to solid color: When I right click on one of my own photos and ask to have it set as my desktop background the choice changes from picture to solid color instead of showing my photo... I've tried most everything to no avail.....
  10. Solid color login screen?

Solid color login screen?: Hi! Does anyone know how to make ones login screen solid color? I tried the regfix at How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 but it doesn't seem to work here in Windows 10 Pro. Thanks! 14745