Windows 10: Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10

Discus and support Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I find myself too often adding an Attributes column and then moving it to the leftmost column location within File Manager. Is it possible to tweak... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VinceB, May 5, 2017.

1. VinceB Win User

Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10

I find myself too often adding an Attributes column and then moving it to the leftmost column location within File Manager.

Is it possible to tweak File Manager such that an Attributes column is always included and appears as the leftmost column within File Manager ? I would like to have this tweaked as a default setting, if possible?

Regards,

:)

VinceB, May 5, 2017

2. Windows Explorer 10

Right-click on the column headers and uncheck the one you want to remove.
    BTW, it's File Explorer in Win 10...

JohnSmith531, May 5, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - Terrible RAM Handling - Any way to fix this?

cat32

Can we get the exact error messages? You are obviously new to win 10 and it handles memory VERY differently than win 7 did.

Can we get screen shots of task manager sorted by clicking the top of the memory column.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 5, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Once you have set up a specific view to your preference, stay on that modified view
    (at the top of that view) Select View> Options> View Tab> and click "Apply to All Folders"

Note: This will not change the default view for Documents, Music, Pictures and/or Videos

Hope this helps,

regards,

5. Edwin New Member
    Actually, it does!!! But, only for Quick Access items
    I've just discovered, if you apply a viewing type to all folders, 'Apply to Folders'/Yes/Apply/OK, it changes to that view for all folders pinned to Quick Access.

Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, May 5, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Good find Edwin. I would have never made that discovery because I do not ever use Quick Access.

7. Edwin New Member
    Weird thing is, it's gotta be new to this Build, because I could never accomplish that before!

Edwin, May 5, 2017
  8. VinceB Win User

Thank you, WOT. Got it working now.

Found that I needed to left-click on View|Options and then select View tab, Apply to Folders, to apply to all folders of this type.

VinceB, May 5, 2017
  9. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Glad you got it sorted from the suggestions provided.

Cheers,

Thema:

1. Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10 - Similar Threads - Tweaking File Manager

2. 'Size' column in Windows 10 File Manager is Right-justified, when it should be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Size' column in Windows 10 File Manager is Right-justified, when it should be...: As described - the project manager on File Manager was clearly napping when this was signed-off - it means that users like me are endlessly having to re-size our File Manager windows, not to see the column name 'Size', but to solve "The Mystery of the Absent File Sizes" i.e....
  3. Win 10 File Manager NO Extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 File Manager NO Extensions: This evening I attempted to download some @live.com emails to a folder on my pc, while attempting to do this, I looked at my file manager to see what was downloaded. I noticed there were no file extensions on any of the documents i.e. .doc, dox. It's gone with v. win 10. I...
  4. Tweaking page file size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tweaking page file size: With 32gb ram running win10 mostly for games, what is the best page file size setting ? Should i leave it at default, increase it or disable it ? 181333
  5. Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns: Experiencing shutdowns of File Manager when creating, deleting or renaming folders. System Information Application Error events record as follows: 07/10/2020 15:49 Application Error Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp:...
  6. What programs / apps to use to tweak Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    What programs / apps to use to tweak Win 10: I have used these programs to tweak Win 10 I would like to know what others are using. - Classic Shell Site: Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements - Winaero Tweaker Site Winaero - Free small and useful software for Windows Downloads / Software /...
  7. Customising default columns in File Explorer (Win 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customising default columns in File Explorer (Win 10): I am doing a lot of work with umpteen folders and I would find it easier if I could customise the columns in File Explorer instead of having to reset them with each change of folder. So far all the methods I have read just don't work. Before I finally accept that this is no...
  8. How to tweak or (momentarily) disable Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to tweak or (momentarily) disable Boot Manager: Hello, Boot Manager is a useful utility by all means. And in normal circumstances, it can run by itself. Indeed, when unattended, the boot operation continues after a short, preset time - usually about 20 seconds. Except in one particular case I am confronted with. With a...
  9. Win 10 file explorer: set column titles default

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 file explorer: set column titles default: You can set many columns in file explorer - details by right clicking on any column title and selecting one or more titles. I've added "file extension" and "attribute" to one window. This will allow sorting by the column title. I cannot find a way to save this setup as a...
  10. Windows 10 Tweak Config File for services

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Tweak Config File for services: Back in the day i used to download a tweaked Config file that will disable all the unwanted services. I think black Viper used to have one. Is there anyway this can be done or anything for windows 10? They have just way too many services. Thanks all 60975