Windows 10: Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening

Discus and support Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having an issue with the official Twitter app on Windows 10. Every time I open the app, it shows for a split second then it closes. I cannot use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ornithophilia, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening

I am having an issue with the official Twitter app on Windows 10. Every time I open the app, it shows for a split second then it closes. I cannot use it at all!

I Googled the problem but nothing came up. throwing quotes around "Twitter" showed only one result saying that it is a known issue but it is over six months old and is labeled "resolved". There is nothing recent on this problem and there seems to be no information on this problem regardless. There is no other relevant results on the problem.

Windows 10 on Dell Optiplex 780 4GB RAM.

:)

Ornithophilia, Mar 25, 2017

2. XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Same problem here, last few months. It's very annoying since I've started playing Gears on Windows versus my Xbox One.

Something that is immediately reproduceable is opening the app then trying to access a text message a fellow user has sent. Crashes immediately. Doesn't matter if I open the app and wait 2 minutes or 10... first few tries opening messages from other uses
    = crash. However, after the first few crashes it then stays open and I can use the app.

DarkMikaru, Mar 25, 2017
  3. Sharief K Win User
    The Settings App crashes immediately after opening in Win10. No access to settings anywhere

Hi,

You may run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and hit Enter.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

You can follow the steps in the following article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Mar 25, 2017
Thema:

Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening

1. Twitter app on Windows 10 crashes immediately after opening - Similar Threads - Twitter app crashes

2. Command prompt crashing immediately after opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt crashing immediately after opening: Hi, Command prompt closes immediately after I open it. This only started recently after the instalation of miniconda and VScode. I've uninstalled both of those to try to isolate the problem, but command prompt still crashes upon opening. Powershell still works. Command prompt...
  3. Windows programs open and crash almost immediately after opening.

Windows programs open and crash almost immediately after opening.: I have been trying to find a solution to this problem for a while now. Here are some of the problems since I don't really know the correct terms to describe this concisely.Search bar has a loading icon and then just crashesIf I try to open anything from Windows settings it...
  4. Windows 10- All browsers crashing immediately after opening

Windows 10- All browsers crashing immediately after opening: Hello, I am currently experiencing a problem with my Acer Aspire 5 running Windows 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.1440. As the title says, every time I try to open Google Chrome, Firefox, or Opera, the browser opens a page and then immediately closes. It shows no error...
  5. Windows 10 Scan App stopping immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Scan App stopping immediately after opening: I used the Windows 10 Scan app to scan a document two days ago using a Canon imageClass MF4890dw with no problems. Today when I start the app after about two seconds the app quits. I’ve restarted the computer and still have the issue. I’ve installed a Windows update,...
  6. Windows 10- Some apps crashing immediately after starting

Windows 10- Some apps crashing immediately after starting: Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago when certain apps started crashing as soon as they opened or wouldn't open at all. The Microsoft Photos app, VLC Media Player and a couple of other apps are facing this issue, while apps like Microsoft Movies & TV, Google...
  7. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening: Windows 10 version 1709 Mail and Calendar apps crash immediately after opening. I see the window for the app appear briefly, and then is gone a moment later. I tried running the "Windows Store Apps" troubleshooter, which was able to detect the app crashing problem, but...
  8. Windows Voice Recorder Crashes Immediately After Opening

Windows Voice Recorder Crashes Immediately After Opening: When I click the voice recorder app it shows the loading screen and then immediately crashes. I don't even get to the actual app before it crashes. I've troubleshooted and nothing came up as a problem. I reset the app and it didn't work. I'm fully updated on this PC. It was...
  9. Apps Immediately Crash

Apps Immediately Crash: Hi Everyone, I've run into this problem where I'm offline and I open a modern app, I might see the app for a moments, but then immediately closes or crashes. It doesn't seem to happen to the mall/calendar app that comes with Windows 10. I've noticed though that sometimes...
  10. Apps from Windows Store open and crash immediately

Apps from Windows Store open and crash immediately: I don't know when this happened but, apps that I got from the Windows store are not working. Mainly Twitter, Facebook, and Facebook Messenger. Other apps like Netflix seem to be working just fine. I don't know what caused this. I've tried resetting the windows store app...