Windows 10: Twitter links now opening in Edge, but Edge not finding the URL

Discus and support Twitter links now opening in Edge, but Edge not finding the URL in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Starting a few days ago, when I click on a twitter link in e-mail, the Edge browser opens and displays the message, " Sorry, that page doesn't exist!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pkipe, Aug 23, 2018.

1. pkipe Win User

Twitter links now opening in Edge, but Edge not finding the URL

Starting a few days ago, when I click on a twitter link in e-mail, the Edge browser opens and displays the message, " Sorry, that page doesn't exist!

Why not try a search to find something else?

Chrome is my default browser - just checked - and I want to keep it that way. What do I need to do to make things work the way they used to?​

:)

pkipe, Aug 23, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Aug 23, 2018
  3. when on or restart microsoft edge open

Hi,

Just to clarify, you would like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening the link you stated, is that right?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click the "more"(three dots) option.

3. Click Settings > Open Microsoft edge with/

4. From the drop down list, choose a different option other than "specific page".

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Twitter links now opening in Edge, but Edge not finding the URL

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Twitter links now opening in Edge, but Edge not finding the URL

1. Twitter links now opening in Edge, but Edge not finding the URL - Similar Threads - Twitter links opening

2. How to stop Edge opening for links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  3. How to stop Edge opening for links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  4. Twitter link not opening properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Twitter link not opening properly: When I click on a Twitter link in Telegram I get the "How do you want to open this?" question, no matter if I previously made a selection and checked the "Always use this app" box. I'd like to open such links in the Twitter app but I don't even get that choice. The Twitter...
  5. Edge open URL in new Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge open URL in new Windows: Edge is not currently our default browser due to multiple incompatibilities with various applications. Some sites must open in Chrome for proper functionality. For sites that are Edge compatible we would like to create shortcuts to launch those web apps in a new Edge...
  6. Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar: This is an odd one, and a minor gripe, so please bear with me. As of yesterday when I click the URL searchbar (at the top) the transition to "most popular" and "log" happens in two chunks without a smooth scroll. The best way to describe this is if you click the "..."...
  7. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...
  8. Edge and Twitter - cannot share

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Twitter - cannot share: Hi, any ideas on why the Share feature within Edge doesn't let me choose the Twitter App ? Is this App not supporting that feature ? Any ideas ? 11370
  9. Edge fullscreen - Mouse Over a link shows link URL on another display*

in Browsers and Email
    Edge fullscreen - Mouse Over a link shows link URL on another display*: Had difficulties to find a descriptive title for this. A screenshot: [img] Screenshot above shows approximately this area of my displays #1 & #3: [img] Edge is full screen. Any content that other browsers would show in status bar which Edge doesn't have, like...
  10. Open link as new window in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Open link as new window in Edge: In IE, there was a setting to open links (e.g., ones selected by shift-clicking, or ones with a target attribute in the anchor tag) into a new window instead of a new tab. I can't find a way to do this in Edge - in general, the number of user-adjustable settings seems to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. twitter links in edge

2. edge twitter links