Windows 10: Two Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD [USBXHCI.SYS and wdiwifi.sys]

Discus and support Two Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD [USBXHCI.SYS and wdiwifi.sys] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last time I posted my question, I got those BSOD only when using Blender (when rendering). Now after that, I installed new windows from Microsoft. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Folktale, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Folktale Win User

Two Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD [USBXHCI.SYS and wdiwifi.sys]

Last time I posted my question, I got those BSOD only when using Blender (when rendering). Now after that, I installed new windows from Microsoft. My PC ran fine for like 2 weeks and today, I again got two new BSOD.

My drivers are all updated. I only get them when I render via Blender. Like, I played Battlefield on ultra for 2-3 hours and no BSOD. I start doing some rendering, and I get BSOD (which are still random. Sometimes the blender finishes rendering, sometimes I get the BSOD)

I am using the latest version of my Wifi Nano USB driver. I did memtest86 and it came out fine. If the cause is still the Wifi lan driver, how can I avoid this? I mean I have the latest driver, how more updated can I be? Windows is also updated. My hardware is same. I didn't connect any external device. I was using the same Nano USB for two weeks and it ran fine with no problem, and now suddenly this problem pops up. I tried some videos on youtube but they are of no help.

It is like the BSOD forgot to come for two weeks, and now it suddenly remembers. I checked system restore, nothing new is installed.

Attachment 139257

:)

Folktale, Jun 12, 2017

2. Frequent BSOD on brand new alienware laptop.

I have a brand new Alienware 15 R2 laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed from factory. Facing an issue where it frequently crashes. Goes into BSOD on boot at the login screen, reboots, again BSOD then reboots to menu where I can reboot to safe mode.

Sometimes I just need to uninstall and reinstall the application (Origin, UPLAY, 7 ZIP) and the issue stops. But now it just crashes in between use.

BlueScreenView shows error to be Bad_pool_header or IRQ_not_less_or_equal error for NTOSKRNL.EXE, along with IASTORA.SYS, USBXHCI.SYS, HAL.DLL,WDIWIFI.SYS

Can someone help with this?

PraveenVijayshankar, Jun 12, 2017
  3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(ndis.sys) Windows 10

I have reconfigured the dump as you directed. After contact with killer network and downloading the new drivers I have not had a BSOD in a week. I have had two in the past hour. One being a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA (wdiwifi.sys) and the other the same
    original BSOD except it was tcpid.sys.

I could only find the more recent memory.dmp file which was the tcpid.sys:

MEMORY (2).zip

Minidumps

minidumpfiles.zip

The two txt files (driver verifier and system info)

Shared items 10-2-2016

My laptop is a Razer Blade Stealth QHD 256GB

VicesVirtues, Jun 12, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Folktale,

I suggest to remove the Wifi USB adapter to see how it goes.

5. zbook New Member
    Code: BugCheck C2, {7, fffff801, 48a00d70, ffffb30725d9b6b0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlanu.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlanu.sys unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolStart unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolEnd unable to get nt!MmPagedPoolEnd unable to get nt!MmNonPagedPoolStart unable to get nt!MmSizeOfNonPagedPoolInBytes Probably caused by : wdiwifi.sys ( wdiwifi!CAdapter::FreeWfcFrame+88 )[/quote] Code: BugCheck C2, {7, 206c644d, d0004, ffffc4879d51ab70} unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolStart unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolEnd unable to get nt!MmPagedPoolEnd unable to get nt!MmNonPagedPoolStart unable to get nt!MmSizeOfNonPagedPoolInBytes Probably caused by : USBXHCI.SYS ( USBXHCI!Bulk_Transfer_PrepareForCompletion+134a5 )[/quote]

Code: wdiwifi.sys WDI Driver Framework Driver W10 Windows Update[/quote] Code: USBXHCI.sys USB XHCI Driver Info - Programming reference for Windows Driver Kit (WDK) Windows Update[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote]
    Also see the performance impact of turning off fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Jun 12, 2017
  6. As axe0 wrote, the USB Wifi adapter or its driver should be the culprit

BSODHunter, Jun 12, 2017
  7. Folktale Win User
    hey Axe0,

For how long? I mean I was running it for two weeks with no issue. My computer ran for hours with internet connected via that wifi USB adapter. I was also able to do rendering with no crash. These BSODs are weird.

I will try that tomorrow and report it back to you.

Folktale, Jun 12, 2017
  8. Folktale Win User

Code: BugCheck C2, {7, 206c644d, d0004, ffffc4879d51ab70} unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolStart unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolEnd unable to get nt!MmPagedPoolEnd unable to get nt!MmNonPagedPoolStart unable to get nt!MmSizeOfNonPagedPoolInBytes Probably caused by : USBXHCI.SYS ( USBXHCI!Bulk_Transfer_PrepareForCompletion+134a5 )[/quote]

Code: wdiwifi.sys WDI Driver Framework Driver W10 Windows Update[/quote] Code: USBXHCI.sys USB XHCI Driver Info - Programming reference for Windows Driver Kit (WDK) Windows Update[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote]
    Also see the performance impact of turning off fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials [/quote] Sorry, I don't understand these codes. Are you saying fast boot could be the culprit?

Folktale, Jun 12, 2017
  9. Folktale Win User
    can you help me here a bit? I installed windows 10. Installed driver for graphics(nvidia) and plugged in my wifi USB adapter and windows installed the driver automatically, just like when we plug a USB. Now there is a driver listed on the adapter's manufacturer's and there is a driver from 2016 available to download. Should I go ahead and install that driver?

Folktale, Jun 12, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    You could try to install that driver yes.

The first 2 codes are from dumps.
    - First line: the error code your system had including parameters
    - "*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlanu.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlanu.sys" simply means some files that Windbg (the program we use for analysis) uses are missing. We use this to identify what driver may or may not be involved into the cause excluding Windows drivers.
    - The others I don't know for sure, I believe it to be an issue with the new version of Windbg
    - Last line says what Windbg thinks the likely cause is, the last driver that was active just before the Windows kernel got active by calling the BSOD event. "USBXHCI!Bulk_Transfer_PrepareForCompletion+134a5" is the function that the driver executed with offset (start position) a memory address + 134a5 added to it.

The next 2 are drivers, both are drivers from Windows.
    - driver filename
    - driver description
    - I think the source?
    - how to update them, though since they are Windows drivers they are updated automatically so don't worry about it *Smile

The last one simply says that there is an issue with fast startup, it may or may not be related to the BSOD so to be safe @zbook suggests to disable fast startup *Smile

11. Folktale Win User
    Thank you axe01. But for how long should I unplug the USB to test for BSOD? Since I use my internet via that USB.

Folktale, Jun 12, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    Open device manager > expand network adapter > look for any Realtek wirless adapter and uninstall

Code: RtlWlanu Realtek Wireless LAN 8 Realtek Wireless LAN 8 Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 4,096 30,92,480 0 15-11-2016 22:04:02 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\rtwlanu.sys 4,096[/quote] Then reinstall the most up to date driver from: Realtek

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Two Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD [USBXHCI.SYS and wdiwifi.sys] - Similar Threads - Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD USBXHCI

2. BSoD wdiwifi,sys Without network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD wdiwifi,sys Without network: I was minding my own business while using my pc when I suddenly got BSoD with the Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION-NOT-HANDLED and it says that wdiwifi.sys is what failed.That was the only BSoD I got before my pc went into a restart loop. It just keeps restarting over and...
  3. BSoD wdiwifi,sys Without network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSoD wdiwifi,sys Without network: I was minding my own business while using my pc when I suddenly got BSoD with the Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION-NOT-HANDLED and it says that wdiwifi.sys is what failed.That was the only BSoD I got before my pc went into a restart loop. It just keeps restarting over and...
  4. BSoD wdiwifi,sys Without network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  6. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: BSOD happened several times in this week after I updated my windows 10 into the latest version, especially when I was uploading or downloading something through utorrent via ipv6. Windows blame the LiC63x64.sys, and I have updated all my Atheros drivers but it still happen....
  7. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: Like many others I am the victim of this, it happens more than once a day. It never happened on windows 8.1. At Toshiba's request, I have back-dated my driver to the one that Windows installs with windows 10. I am hoping this fixes the issue, if not, here's my dump 58971
  8. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  9. Frequent BSODs - L1C63x64.sys

Frequent BSODs - L1C63x64.sys: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am getting frequent BSODs with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in L1C634x64.sys especially when the network is loaded (heavy bit torrent activity) Googling has led me to believe that it is problems lies with my Atheros driver so I have updated...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I am getting BAD_POOL_CALLER(Blue screen of Death) whenever i try to unplug Canoe from USB port

2. usbxchi.sys bsod when connecting external