Windows 10: two BSOD problems please help

Discus and support two BSOD problems please help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get them randomly and I only have seen two errors .. one was "system thread not handled" and the other is video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CMBADR, Apr 17, 2016.

1. CMBADR Win User

two BSOD problems please help

I get them randomly and I only have seen two errors .. one was "system thread not handled" and the other is video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys and I'm pretty sure both are related to the NVIDIA card but I don't know what to do, I went to safe mode I uninstalled it completely and installed it again but problem still persists also I noticed BSOD happens more when the laptop is on battery power .. like it still happens when plugged in but not as much .. and also it has to happen at least once when I turn the laptop on first thing in the day and I hold the power button to close it and open again and it doesn't do it anymore and it doesn't happen in the middle of working or after many hours of being open it usually happens within the first 30 minutes of starting up... it may happen again after reboot but very rarely ... and I haven't noticed any actions that trigger the error it sometimes happens even if I didin't touch the laptop yet .. but there was this one time where I was applying NVIDIA global settings to high performance and clicked apply then froze and gave me BSOD although it was working before I made the file that the forum asked for and I hope someone tell me what causes this exactly and how to solve it

:)

CMBADR, Apr 17, 2016

2. Recurring BSOD Problems! Please HELP!

While Playing the diversion Batman Arkham Knight I generally gets these Errors.

i.e KERNEL_SERCURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and DRIVER_VERFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION.

I attempted various arrangements through Web references yet no outcomes.

I got assistance from Windows Support account on Twitter to get to you.

So please bail me over here.

I had taken after your progressions to transfer my minidumps and framework records.

What's more, my Onedrive connection is given beneath -

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Thankyou!

Abhistillalive, Apr 17, 2016
  3. BeMi7 Win User
    HELP NEEDED URGENTLY, PLEASE!!! BSOD! Problems with Lumia Denim Update!

Hello,

Please assist me. I have a Lumia 1320. I got the BSOD and used the Windows Software Recovery Tool to get it up and running again after several attempts. I them installed all of the updates including the Lumia Denim update and the following happened:

1. my phone kept starting and restarting even though I downloaded the Stop Restart App (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/stop-restart-app/9nblggh30xlk)

2. I could not download Apps such as Youversion, Whatsapp from the Windows Store(I only download apps from the Windows Store)

3. I could not access my email accounts. I tried to sign in to one of them and got a gmail notification (on my laptop) that I had just signed in on an Android device

4. The phone went into airplane mode and despite clicking on the button to take it off of airplane mode, it remained in airplane mode.

5. I finally got the phone off airplane mode by removing and replacing my sim and restarting the phone. The phone went back on airplane mode.

6. the phone showed a black screen (It was fully charged).

7. I then tried to use the Windows Software Recovery Tool again. When I used the tool I got the following message: 'Reading Phone Failed.' My phone then stuck in a reboot loop i.e. A black screen with 'Nokia' appears and is immediately followed by a blue
    screen with the sad smiley. A black screen with 'Nokia' then appears again and... My phone has been stuck in a reboot loop for almost an hour.

Any suggestions that will help me to get my phone up and running again will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

BeMi7, Apr 17, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi CMBADR,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

You're correct that the crashes are caused by the Nvidia drivers, but it seems you're using the drivers from Nvidia directly instead of from MSI what may cause problems due to altering in the drivers MSI provides.
    Please follow below instructions, if the support page isn't the right one please let me know *Smile

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from MSI. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Attachment 75413
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`b8010000 fffff800`b8c61000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Tue Mar 22 02:44:53 2016 (56F0A395) CheckSum: 00C1D858 ImageSize: 00C51000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. CMBADR Win User
    [/quote] okay I uninstalled everything Nvidia using the driver uninstaller and I opened the MSI page for drivers .. do I download only the Nvidia part right? I don't need to download every single thing on the page I'm supposed to already have it installed right? and one other thing .. that program called driver reviver detected 18 drivers needing updates but to update I have to buy it I'm not going to buy it so is there any other way to update them? it gave me the names of the drivers that need updating .. so can I do them manually ? if so how?

CMBADR, Apr 17, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    You only have to download the Nvidia drivers *Smile

Such programs include literally everything, also Windows drivers which can't be updated without an update through Windows Update.
    These programs are scam, I recommend that you never use them as they install either the wrong or corrupted drivers and cause problems.
    You should only install drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer, in your case MSI.

If you keep your drivers & BIOS (drivers & BIOS via MSI) & software up to date there isn't a problem regarding updates *Smile
    When software is discontinued, simply replace it or at least remove it.

7. CMBADR Win User
    okay, thanks so much man I appreciate it .. after I install the Nvidia driver from MSI do I update it from the Nvidia center as normal if asked or what? or does windows update handle that? sorry for asking a lot *Smile I just need to make sure i don't mess up this time

CMBADR, Apr 17, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Windows Update can handle it, but you can decide what source you want to use *Smile

If you want to use MSI then you should configure your system to not install them.
    In control panel go to system and follow the picture *Smile
    Attachment 75441

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. two BSOD problems please help - Similar Threads - BSOD problems please

2. bsod problems. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod problems. Please help.: about a month ago, my laptop suddenly started to run into BSOD.it is usually because of multiple error reasons, I tried to sfc /scannow and it detected bunch of errors each time.DISM online restorehealth does not complete and usually stops at certain percentage.chkdsk ran...
  3. bsod problems. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod problems. Please help.: about a month ago, my laptop suddenly started to run into BSOD.it is usually because of multiple error reasons, I tried to sfc /scannow and it detected bunch of errors each time.DISM online restorehealth does not complete and usually stops at certain percentage.chkdsk ran...
  4. BSOD Problem, Help Please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Problem, Help Please: I've been having BSOD problems recently when watching films or videos. But the problem is that when I use the computer, the bsod does not appear, only when I do not use the computer for some time. I get it with the code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED....
  5. BSOD Problem, Help Please

BSOD Problem, Help Please: I've been having BSOD problems recently when watching films or videos. But the problem is that when I use the computer, the bsod does not appear, only when I do not use the computer for some time. I get it with the code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED....
  6. BSOD Problem, Help Please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD PROBLEMS, Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD PROBLEMS, Please help: I've been having BSOD crashes lately and I've been trying to search for the causes and fixes. I used Memtest86 and came out with no issues, I also used OCCT and came out with no issues with my GPU. I've had BSOD with 3 different stop codes: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION,...
  8. BSOD PROBLEMS, Please help

BSOD PROBLEMS, Please help: I've been having BSOD crashes lately and I've been trying to search for the causes and fixes. I used Memtest86 and came out with no issues, I also used OCCT and came out with no issues with my GPU. I've had BSOD with 3 different stop codes: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION,...
  9. BSOD PROBLEMS, Please help

10. Help with two BSOD error codes, please.

Help with two BSOD error codes, please.: Hello everyone, really hoping I can get some assistance with my issue, so thank you in advance for your help. I'll do my best to be as descriptive as I can.In short, at the beginning of the month I used AOMEI Partition assistant software in an attempt to merge partitions on...