Windows 10: Two BSODs: 0xc000021a; SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Discus and support Two BSODs: 0xc000021a; SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP Envy laptop, running Windows 10, is stuck in the following infinite loop when I try to power up: 1. BSOD, error code 0xc000021a 2. Automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tollbooth, Nov 10, 2015.

1. tollbooth Win User

Two BSODs: 0xc000021a; SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

My HP Envy laptop, running Windows 10, is stuck in the following infinite loop when I try to power up:

1. BSOD, error code 0xc000021a
    2. Automatic reboot, "Preparing Automatic Repair" shows at the bottom of the screen
    3. BSOD, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(iaStorA.sys)
    4. Automatic reboot, everything looks normal until #1 happens again a few seconds later.

I cannot even get the system to the repair screen on startup. Repeatedly tapping escape brings up the menu, but when I type F11, system diagnostics, I get BSOD with error message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (I am not sure, exactly what; it only stays up for a few moments before spontaneously rebooting).

I need urgent assistance to get to the boot disk on drive D...somehow...any how. I cannot even get to the system repair!!

EDIT: I did a hard drive extensive test last night and set it to loop until error. It just completed two iterations, and though it has not found an error, the hard drive short and long DST checks have statuses of "warning." What does this mean?

:)

tollbooth, Nov 10, 2015
  2. BMFC27 Win User

Cortana broken after an upgrade

System restore causes BSOD 0xc000021a. Can’t even boot safe mode

BMFC27, Nov 10, 2015
  3. MSW_111 Win User
    BSOD on waking up from sleep mode Windows 10.1 with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

This morning I got greeted with the BSOD and this time the stopcode was 0xC000021A

Cheers,

M

MSW_111, Nov 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi tollbooth,

If I am correct, DST means Drive Self Test.
    With the status 'warning' my guess is that the hard drive is starting to fail.

Thema:

1. Two BSODs: 0xc000021a; SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - Similar Threads - BSODs 0xc000021a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

2. BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled: After a fresh install of Windows 1-2 weeks ago i started getting the BSOD mentioned above usually every other day, i seem to be running programs when it happens but that may be just a coincidence. My specs are: OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X GPU: AMD...
  3. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Hello, I've been having some difficulty with the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD for two days now. I've ran chkdsk, sfc scannow, and a memory diagnotic to determine my problems which all came back inconclusive. I've reinstalled my NVIDIA Geforce 660 GPU and my WD SSD...
  4. BSOD: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

BSOD: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled: Hey. Right, so I finally have had enough of these BSOD's that I've been getting and since anything I've tried to do hasn't helped keeping drivers up-to-date, changing RAM, changing CPU, changing GPU, any dust from inside the computer cleaned, ran Memory Diagnostics although...
  5. BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: I've been encountering BSOD of this type and various others also seen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in the past every once in a while, up to several times a day. I've recently gotten a new MOBO and RAM, so I don't think these are the issues, but am...
  6. Bsod system_thread_exception_not_handled

Bsod system_thread_exception_not_handled: I am on Windows 10 pro version 1803. The first time I noticed the system_thread_exception_not_handled BSOD was when I tried to update to the 1909 version when the system does its initial reboot. After that, the update is reverted. However, I have my computer running 24/7...
  7. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Over the last month or so, I have been getting bluescreens or straight up crashes when I turn on my PC/Wake it from hibernate, its honestly getting really annoying to deal with now and I would like to know what is the actual problem with my PC as the BSOD error messages never...
  8. BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled): I had gone out of station for a couple weeks and when I returned, my desktop refused to boot instead giving a BSOD. I analysed the generated dump file and it states that winquic.sys is responsible for the BSOD. I am able to boot fine in safe mode. Please help me to restore it...
  9. BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled

BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled: Hello there!! did you find any solution?? I have EXACTLY the same problem, I got that BSOD since 3 days already, happening at random times and "Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+c8a88, EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!!!)" . but, I have an Asus K53SV with Intel HD3000...
  10. BSOD error 0xc000021a

BSOD error 0xc000021a: I kept my computer on over night and I accidentally hit the print screen button. I have a special program called 'Greenshot' so it overlays the screen with a grid region selector and lets you drag and save. I didn't drag and save so I left it like that over night. As soon...