Windows 10: Two different BSOD codes in one day. :/

Discus and support Two different BSOD codes in one day. :/ in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had two BSOD's in one day: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I don't overclock, but this system was considerably more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sivar, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Sivar Win User

Two different BSOD codes in one day. :/

I've had two BSOD's in one day: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.
    I don't overclock, but this system was considerably more reliable when I did (probably not because of the overclock).

I thought the problem occurred only when under load, since I compile a lot of software and transcode a lot of video, but I got the STOP: 0x0000000A while trying to register for these forums after the 1E, while CPU-Z was initializing and while the system was under minimal memory/CPU load.

I use an overkill Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler, a Rosewill SilentNight 500W 80+ Platinum PSU, and I have my case wide open. My PSU is stable when running at 100% CPU+100% GPU, so I doubt it's having trouble providing stable power.

What could be causing these crashes?

:)

Sivar, Mar 19, 2016
  2. Thomas_JW Win User

Constantly getting one of two different BSOD messages SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL whilst playing games/idle, what can I do about this?

Nor me, it doesn't seem to be crashing as much as it did though so I'm quite content with that, It gives me a bit more time to investigate this further. It does seem to be clashing with Windows a fair bit, I was told on the Avast forums I have a vps version
    of Avast so I'm not sure what to make of that, but for now I'm going to try uninstall Avast then see if I get any more bluescreens, just got to look around for a suitable antivirus replacement.

I'm thinking that too, I think it's doing something that's causing the other systems to crash as Avast has only really come up in two of the five or six minidump files, I haven't yet tested it with a game running but for now I'll try to remove Avast first.

Also, here's a link to the Avast forum post; https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=179868.0

Thomas_JW, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Constantly getting one of two different BSOD messages SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL whilst playing games/idle, what can I do about this?

Strange. I don't like that avast is triggering a BSOD one bit. since it hopefully isn't malware at this point, the only thing i can think of is some system level incompatibility. While the error number is a bit different, i managed to find this: Windows
    forums - aswStm+0x2214

It does seem avast has clashed with windows before, it's possible it is doing it now with this new version.

At this point, from what i can tell, short of uninstalling avast the only option might be help from avast. I'll keep my eyes open for anything else i find. It's possible the BSOD was triggered when it tried to scan or check something.

botcrusher01, Mar 19, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

We have checked the dumps, but before we conclude as to the failing modules, please let us see your msinfo32.nfo file (as that one included in the zip is not giving the complete info).System Information File - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Thanks.

CPUz (or Speccy, both uses the same hardware reading driver) causes this BSOD, for sure. Updating it to the latest should solve the issue. The main concern is the VPN caused BSOD; we need to check a bit more about it.
    Code: BugCheck A, {14f048, f, 1, fffff8032ca29197} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cpuz139_x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cpuz139_x64.sys Probably caused by : cpuz139_x64.sys ( cpuz139_x64+2084 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Code: BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80248fbfc37, ffffd000232a30a8, ffffd000232a28c0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for acsock64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for acsock64.sys Probably caused by : acsock64.sys ( acsock64+b5a6 ) Followup: MachineOwner --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Image name: acsock64.sys Timestamp: Tue Jan 24 21:37:18 2012 (4F1ED736)[/quote]

5. Sivar Win User
    Thank you for taking a look. I really appreciate your efforts.
    I have attached the requested file.

Sivar, Mar 19, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    ► Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

Update this program. Let us know for any further BSOD after doing it.

7. Sivar Win User
    Thank you once again. Getting an updated client is an alarmingly slow process. I hope to update the thread ... sometime this year. *Smile

Sivar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Two different BSOD codes in one day. :/ - Similar Threads - different BSOD codes

2. Two BSODs in one day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two BSODs in one day: I have had two separate BSOD's, one was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. What failed was win32kfull.sys.The other one said CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and did not say what failed. I have the bug check for the second BSOD. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffc88628a1a080,...
  3. Two BSODs in one day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two BSODs in one day: I have had two separate BSOD's, one was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. What failed was win32kfull.sys.The other one said CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and did not say what failed. I have the bug check for the second BSOD. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffc88628a1a080,...
  4. Two BSODs in one day

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Two Different BOSD in one day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Different BOSD in one day: Recently I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and chipset while keeping the same BOOT Drive and two blue screens of death appear not as often but now these two appeared at once the same day. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exeSYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED...
  6. Two Different BOSD in one day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Different BOSD in one day: Recently I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and chipset while keeping the same BOOT Drive and two blue screens of death appear not as often but now these two appeared at once the same day. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exeSYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED...
  7. Two Different BOSD in one day

8. Four Different BSODs in two days

Four Different BSODs in two days: This is certainly alarming to me. I've had four different BSOD errors in the last two days: Code: 12/7/2019 21:10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 12/7/2019 10:07 ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY 12/6/2019 19:33 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 12/6/2019 8:18 (For some reason BlueScreenView...
  9. Two BSOD in one day

Two BSOD in one day: I got two BSODs today. The latest one is about `IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL`, the previous is something about a page fault (don't remember the actual error code). I am getting quite a lot of BSODs recent weeks, but I only have minidumps for the last two BSODs. See...
  10. Two (little) different BSOD in two days.

Two (little) different BSOD in two days.: Hi, Two (little) different BSOD in two days. The first yesterday while I was not using the PC (but many apps open), I heard him restart. I checked the memory, no problem. I checked all my drives, no problem, I installed the latest AMD drivers and today I got the second...