Windows 10: Two different user folders?

Discus and support Two different user folders? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; It seems like I have 2 users folders One with path C:\Users\[username] and the other [username] I only notice this if I pin the user folder to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DarkRookie, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Two different user folders?

It seems like I have 2 users folders
    One with path C:\Users\[username] and the other [username]

I only notice this if I pin the user folder to Quick Access.

Pictures attached.

:)

DarkRookie, Apr 25, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Two different user folders

Only one User folder. It is located on the (CTwo different user folders? :) drive.

The other is not the Users folder.

lacrumb, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Two different user folders

Two different user folders? [​IMG]

Two different user folders? [​IMG]

It seems that I have two user folders. This keeps happening even after a new profile and an OS reinstall

DarkRookie22, Apr 25, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

Two different user folders?

its the same folder, quick access is just like a shortcut link to it .hence the name Quick Access . just right click on the 2 folder and go properties , then click location ,and you will see they are the same folder , and welcome to 10 forums ,enjoy

caperjack, Apr 25, 2016
  5. If they are the same location why do they show two different set of content. Is there a way for them to show the same.

DarkRookie, Apr 25, 2016
  6. caperjack Win User
    oops I miss read you post ,did not realise you mean the User folder, mine doesn't show the user folder in quick access ,just the folder that are in my user folder ,,,,sorry

caperjack, Apr 25, 2016
  7. caperjack Win User
    just had a thought! maybe one is showing hidden files and one isn't , this only an assumption, I think maybe the quick access one will not show the hidden files

caperjack, Apr 25, 2016
  8. AndreTen Win User

You have probably move the location of your Music, Documents and so on in different location.

C:\Users\[User1]... is folder on disk, while [User1] is sum of different locations. Like Library.

Possibly... not sure of course.

AndreTen, Apr 25, 2016
  9. AndreTen Win User
    They will show the same, if you restore user file location. Look for tutorial by Brink *Smile

Now I looked again and saw, that your situation is reversed. Folders are shown in actual folder and not in library.

Look for Brink's tutorial nevertheless and try to restore default location.

AndreTen, Apr 25, 2016
  10. Showing hidden files and folders didn't work.
    All the paths were correct for the folders.
    No dup users.

DarkRookie, Apr 25, 2016
  11. AndreTen Win User
    Did you try to reset Users folder location as described in tutorial?

AndreTen, Apr 25, 2016
  12. Sorry for the long wait for reply.
    Were already set to default. I moved them and moved them back. Still the same issue.
    I ended up just deleting and recreating everything. That got the most of the folders to show. Still missing 1 or 2 but arent ones I use anyways.
    Still have the issue where clicking on my user folder in quick access bring me to This PC instead of c:\users\[un] but I think that is a limit of Windows 10 and nothing I can do about it.

DarkRookie, May 2, 2016
  13. AndreTen Win User

Sorry to hear, that procedure in tutorials didn't work for you.

Regarding starting explorer in This PC or Quick Access. Have you try to check this option in Folder Option?

100%x

AndreTen, May 2, 2016
  14. I think the issue is that %userprofile% is now a special place for Explorer that does not take account the folder paths.

Tested this by moving a couple of the folders to a second HDD. Going to those folders from Quick Access takes me to %userprofile%\Downloads instead of D:\Downloads. I noticed this by hitting the Up Folder button in Explorer.

Another feature that is suppose to help people, that ends up getting in my way.

DarkRookie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Two different user folders? - Similar Threads - different user folders

2. Can there be two users in the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can there be two users in the Users folder?: Moving to a new device with Windows 11 from the old Windows 10. Windows 11 automatically sets up C:\Users\xxxxx but my old device had C:\Users\MyName Can I add a second user folder name? In other words, can I have both C:\xxxxx and C:\Users\MyName on the WIndows 11 computer?...
  3. Can there be two users in the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can there be two users in the Users folder?: Moving to a new device with Windows 11 from the old Windows 10. Windows 11 automatically sets up C:\Users\xxxxx but my old device had C:\Users\MyName Can I add a second user folder name? In other words, can I have both C:\xxxxx and C:\Users\MyName on the WIndows 11 computer?...
  4. my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders

my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders: Hi, My user folder "C:\Users\mscie" is diplaying two documents and two pictures folders. They seem to be mirrored because when I delete one of the folders the other seems to delete as well. Looking at the properties for the folders they display the same location as well...
  5. Two separate users on two different drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  6. Two separate users on two different drives

Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  7. Two users, two different environments on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two users, two different environments on a laptop: Likely a newbie question... I don't have a laptop so I can't check right now. Windows 10 x64 Pro two users. Is it possible to have two environments / desktops (maybe something like admin and guest?) on a laptop? which desktop showing up depending on the login credentials?...
  8. Granting two users different permissions to different folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Granting two users different permissions to different folders: I have a Windows 10 PC that acts as a file share. Within this file share there are several hundred folders. I'd like to know if there is an easy to grant two different users different permissions to these several hundred folders. For example, I'd like like one users to be...
  9. Duplicate/Different user folders in Quick Access user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate/Different user folders in Quick Access user folder: Hey so I relocated Documents Downloads and Desktop to another drive. If I click my username under Quick Access on the side, I can see that those directories are right where they should be - right? This is supposed to be C:/Users/Brad/ but it's not. If I goto my user folder...
  10. Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders: My c:\Users\<Username> folder is showing TWO OneDrive folders. [img] firstly, how can two entries of exactly the same name exist in a single folder? Now, how to handle this? Though, I don't have to manually access any of these, as I have a separate folder at...