Windows 10: Two document folders each contain same files

Discus and support Two document folders each contain same files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] I don't know how it happened, but I have 2 document folders and each contain the same files. The same thing happened recently to my picture... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fred22, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

Two document folders each contain same files

Two document folders each contain same files [​IMG]

I don't know how it happened, but I have 2 document folders and each contain the same files. The same thing happened recently to my picture folder, but in this case one folder shows the camera roll and a folder with saved pics and the other shows saved pics open (gallery of pics). Is there any way to get rid of one of these document folders without deleting the files?

:)

Fred22, Apr 2, 2016
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Very slow data transfer speeds Windows 10 PC to Windows 7 PC

Hi,

The speed when transferring data through network may vary depending on the size of each files. For example,
    if you try to copy a folder containing document files with more than 1 GB space. Then it might take longer time to copy the document folder as compared to copying a folder containing a video file.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Apr 2, 2016
  3. MarshaJ40 Win User
    Compacting folders

The University IT dept. transferred everything from my old PC to my new Dell w/Windows 10. I now have 3 main folders each of which contains some of my documents, files, photos, etc. How can I transfer two of them into one, so I will have everything in
    one folder?

MarshaJ40, Apr 2, 2016
  4. Fred22 Win User

One folder was pinned to Quick Access and I unpinned it....easy solution for once!

Fred22, Apr 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Two document folders each contain same files - Similar Threads - document folders each

2. Two documents folder but no download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two documents folder but no download folder: Two documents folder but no download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-documents-folder-but-no-download-folder/49c1a334-0edf-4b92-97fe-88facca6347d
  3. Two documents folder but no download folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two documents folder but no download folder: Two documents folder but no download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-documents-folder-but-no-download-folder/49c1a334-0edf-4b92-97fe-88facca6347d
  4. Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder: After upgrading from win7 to win10, I found that there are two Documents folders in my user folder. One of these apparently is the Desktop folder containing all desktop files, but named Documents. I cannot change its name, and when trying to create a new Desktop folder,...
  5. Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder: After upgrading from win7 to win10, I found that there are two Documents folders in my user folder. One of these apparently is the Desktop folder containing all desktop files, but named Documents. I cannot change its name, and when trying to create a new Desktop folder,...
  6. Two folders of the same name in the same folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Two folders of the same name in the same folder: Hi All, Could someone please help me to understand if there is any problems with this. By accident, I just discovered one of my folders has two subfolders which are of exactly the same name, though their date stamps are different. It must have come about when I mass...
  7. Two Documents folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Documents folders: I moved my documents folder onto D drive. And everything was fine. Then I did the same thing with my desktop. But now for some reason, I have two documents folders and now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the desktop directly...
  8. Two Documents folders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two Documents folders: I moved my documents folder onto D drive. And everything was fine. Then I did the same thing with my desktop. But now for some reason, I have two documents folders and now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the desktop directly...
  9. Two Document folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Document folders: I have 2 Document folders both with same properties.How has this happened (one has a push pin icon next to it)It is safe to delete one of them? 153742
  10. File explorer-Size of each file same as whole folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer-Size of each file same as whole folder: Hello, I have a problem with JPEG and Mp4 files cutted and pasted from my android device via cable to my laptop. Had no problems, when transferring files, but when finished, whole size of the folder changed. What should be the size of the whole folder (12,6GB) is now the...