Windows 10: Two documents folder issue

Discus and support Two documents folder issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer came with OneDrive on it. Something I don't actively use, or so I thought. Whenever I save stuff to my computer, I always save it in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mygurlywayz, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Two documents folder issue

My computer came with OneDrive on it. Something I don't actively use, or so I thought. Whenever I save stuff to my computer, I always save it in the documents folder. If I go into the file explorer, it shows documents under This PC, that is where I save my stuff. One day I went in there and it was gone. All the other folders were there, but not the documents. I ended up going into the c drive and under users I found the documents folder. I assumed it was the same as the one before because it had all my stuff in it. So, I copied and pasted it to This PC. Now I'm having the problem that the documents folder under This PC has the file path to OneDrive (I don't know if it was this before or not). So, some stuff saves to that file, and some stuff saves to the documents file in the c drive under user. I assume in the beginning they worked with each other because I didn't have any problems and both files had the exact same stuff, like they were sync'd up. How can I get them to work together again? To be one documents folder? I prefer to keep my documents on my machine, not OneDrive. I'm at my wits end over this. Please help.

Thanks
    Kelly

:)

mygurlywayz, Mar 18, 2016

2. Two documents folders

I have a feeling that reinstalling the antivirus won't kill the stuck icon. I don't normally offer, but if you'd care to let me take a look at it for a moment with you with remote assist, I think I could help out.

Or, you might just create a new local user account. Once you sign-in, most of your preferences/settings/colors/whatever will populate automatically anyway, and it's almost the next best thing to literally re-installing the entire OS. It'd certainly be
    faster than the time spent on it so far, I'm sure of that. And after you get it the way you like, make a quick system image backup of that state.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 18, 2016
  3. Two documents folders

That dialog only lets you choose those 5 icons, but in reality there's a couple dozen you can put on the desktop in the same way (shortcuts without the arrow). This page lists out their GUIDS:

Norton Internet Security™ - PC Protection

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 18, 2016
  4. Elizabeth Win User

Two documents folder issue

Try a right click on Documents in File explorer and click on Properties. Then use this

Two documents folder issue [​IMG]

After changing the folder location move all documents to it.

Elizabeth, Mar 18, 2016
  5. Let me tell you what I have here,
    I have C:\Users\mygur\OneDrive\Documents which is where I put my stuff
    Then I have C:\Users\mygur\Documents which also has some of my stuff. I believe at one time the two documents folders were connected and now they aren't.

When I go into the properties of the OneDrive, it has a location path. I've tried to change to default path and move the files, but it says access denied, can't move files. The documents folder that is on my hard drive does not have the location tab in the properties.

I would like all of the stuff from both documents files into just one file that would be stored on my hard drive.

mygurlywayz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Two documents folder issue

1. Two documents folder issue - Similar Threads - documents folder issue

2. Two documents folder but no download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two documents folder but no download folder: Two documents folder but no download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-documents-folder-but-no-download-folder/49c1a334-0edf-4b92-97fe-88facca6347d
  3. Two documents folder but no download folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two documents folder but no download folder: Two documents folder but no download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-documents-folder-but-no-download-folder/49c1a334-0edf-4b92-97fe-88facca6347d
  4. Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder: After upgrading from win7 to win10, I found that there are two Documents folders in my user folder. One of these apparently is the Desktop folder containing all desktop files, but named Documents. I cannot change its name, and when trying to create a new Desktop folder,...
  5. Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder: After upgrading from win7 to win10, I found that there are two Documents folders in my user folder. One of these apparently is the Desktop folder containing all desktop files, but named Documents. I cannot change its name, and when trying to create a new Desktop folder,...
  6. Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder

7. Two Documents folders

Two Documents folders: I moved my documents folder onto D drive. And everything was fine. Then I did the same thing with my desktop. But now for some reason, I have two documents folders and now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the desktop directly...
  8. Two Documents folders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two Documents folders: I moved my documents folder onto D drive. And everything was fine. Then I did the same thing with my desktop. But now for some reason, I have two documents folders and now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the desktop directly...
  9. Two Document folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Document folders: I have 2 Document folders both with same properties.How has this happened (one has a push pin icon next to it)It is safe to delete one of them? 153742
  10. Two Documents Folders and no Video folder.

Two Documents Folders and no Video folder.: I've been trying to move my videos folder and documents folder to my other drive and I mistakenly forgot to give them folder locations so they were put in the location E: instead of a folder inside of my E: drive. I fixed the issue mostly other than I have 2 folders named...