Windows 10: two drives in File Explorer

Discus and support two drives in File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hope I filed this problem in the right forum. I installed a new external drive for backup. It appears twice in file explorer but one seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shipinomore10, May 14, 2018.

1. two drives in File Explorer

I hope I filed this problem in the right forum.
    I installed a new external drive for backup.
    It appears twice in file explorer but one seems to be under c: and the other is further to the left and in the column like network would appear. both have the same data in them and I am guessing taking up twice the space.
    is there a way to get rid of one of them.
    Shipinomore
    two drives in File Explorer [​IMG]

:)

shipinomore10, May 14, 2018
  2. JBOWIE62 Win User

File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

Original Title: File Explorer

I am trying to open File Explorer with my drives listed on the right. I only have the files in the first column and no drive letters are listed.

JBOWIE62, May 16, 2018
  3. SHES Win User
    File explorer - two drives open side by side

This unfortunately didn't help. However, I have found two ways of doing this - one from a previous helper - to open File Explorer twice and put them side by side and the other from Windows 10 Help - to open File Explorer and then click on File and then
    Open in New Window.

My request for Help is now answered.

Thema:

two drives in File Explorer

1. two drives in File Explorer - Similar Threads - drives File Explorer

2. Two instances of File Explorer Search results pointing to two different drives and paths -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two instances of File Explorer Search results pointing to two different drives and paths -...: Microsoft Answers Volunteer Moderator Ramesh Srinivasan has replicated my issue and suggested moving on the Microsoft Feedback Hub, which simply forwards to this web page....
  3. Two instances of File Explorer Search results pointing to two different drives and paths -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two instances of File Explorer Search results pointing to two different drives and paths -...: Microsoft Answers Volunteer Moderator Ramesh Srinivasan has replicated my issue and suggested moving on the Microsoft Feedback Hub, which simply forwards to this web page....
  4. Two instances of File Explorer Search results pointing to two different drives and paths -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Two instances of File Explorer Search results pointing to two different drives and paths -...

Two instances of File Explorer Search results pointing to two different drives and paths -...: Windows 10 22H2 build 19045.3086I have two copies of photos on two separate drives, so two distinct paths: E:\scans\#Reflective\Wineway\TIF masters H:\Cthulhu\#scans\#Reflective\Wineway\TIF mastersI have two instances of Windows Explorer up, with identical Search...
  6. Two instances of File Explorer Search results pointing to two different drives and paths -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two instances of File Explorer Search results pointing to two different drives and paths -...: Windows 10 22H2 build 19045.3086I have two copies of photos on two separate drives, so two distinct paths: E:\scans\#Reflective\Wineway\TIF masters H:\Cthulhu\#scans\#Reflective\Wineway\TIF mastersI have two instances of Windows Explorer up, with identical Search...
  7. Two instances of File Explorer Search results pointing to two different drives and paths -...

8. File explorer shown two external hard drive

File explorer shown two external hard drive: Hi, i hope someone could help me in my problem, so i been encountering this issue for a long time and i dont know how to solve it i already reset my laptop because i thought that was the solution but its not, i dont even know how this happend whenever i plugged in a usd or an...
  9. Showing two D drives in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Showing two D drives in Explorer: Have a brand new HP Win 10 Home, 64 bit. Has a SSD C drive, and a E Recovery drive. And a HDD called Data (D:). In the left hand of Explorer it shows This PC D:\ Desktop Documents Music Pictures Videos Windows (C:) DATA (D:) RECOVERY (E:) I've never had 2 hdd before this...
  10. two pane file explorer ?

two pane file explorer ?: Back when I was using a Vista computer, I found a nice two pane file/windows explorer program. Does such a thing exist for Win 10 ? Thanks. 43952