Windows 10: Two drives included in system image?

Discus and support Two drives included in system image? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello. Several days ago I decided to locate and delete duplicate files on my PC prior to transferring my libraries to a second SSD. I've got two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ejohnh, Nov 2, 2016.

1. ejohnh Win User

Two drives included in system image?

Hello.

Several days ago I decided to locate and delete duplicate files on my PC prior to transferring my libraries to a second SSD.

I've got two SSDs and 3 HDDs in my setup and I want to rationalise, possibly putting the HDDs as offline for backups etc.

Anyway, prior to all this I decided to take a system image(as you do) and during that backup I notice that it included one of the HDDs(G drive) along with the system disk(C drive) in the system image. I have no idea why it is doing that and I presume that I will need to keep that particular HDD on board.

Any ideas of how I should proceed to exclude the G drive from the 'system' please? Obviously I don't want to have to do a complete reinstall..

Thanks
    John

:)

ejohnh, Nov 2, 2016

2. Change Boot disk assignment to system C: drivefrom data disk

After updating to Windows 10 I saw that my previous Windows 7 had assigned separate disk (GTwo drives included in system image? :) as a system drive with only two files not located on my system drive C: This was not related to the Windows 10 install,

I has used G: as a data drive but after WIndows 10 update and after relocating this data to another drive those two system files still remained. I could not delete or move these two files as they were System files. My WIndows 10 repair disk and startup
    utilities were no help.

Any system backup and restore always included both the C: drive and G: drive.

I was able to create a G: drive partition on another drive but in restoring my C: drive system image the two boot files were still recovered to the drive separate from the system C: drive.

How can I get those system files back onto the C: drive?

The 2 system files contain language preference files and system setup graphic files.

Thanks for any suggestions on this.

Dennis1941, Nov 2, 2016
  3. BryanL. Win User
    System Backup Image forces select two drives

Drive G is an internal drive, I've never install any OS on it before, but when I installed my OS, it's not been unplugged from my PC, that's why I suspect if there are any boot info been placed on Drive G.

Drive G is my mass storage for photos and videos. I don't see any system-like folder or files on it, even with 'show hidden files and folders' checked.

Is there a way to make it 'non-system' by deleted some sort of hidden files or hidden partition?

BryanL., Nov 2, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Can you post a screenshot from disk manager so we can see details of all the drives

Samuria, Nov 2, 2016
  5. ejohnh Win User
    Can you see this?

Two drives included in system image? [​IMG]

ejohnh, Nov 2, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Use Macrium Reflect Free for your system/partition images instead of built in Windows imaging:
    Macrium Reflect Free

It is much more reliable and flexible then built-in Windows imaging.

NavyLCDR, Nov 2, 2016
  7. Samuria Win User
    The screen shot is to small but it looks as if you have cloned drives on the system these will have the same disk signature so will confuse windows and give problems

Samuria, Nov 2, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

It displays as larger image if I click on it in Firefox, Edge or IE. Click again on the enlarged image and it get larger still.

Bree, Nov 2, 2016
  9. ejohnh Win User
    Yes, I probably did clone one or two of the auxiliary disks. So , should I reformat the G drive? I doesn't hold any of my personal information. Is this Macrium Free ad free? I have always tried to steer clear of free stuff except stuff that is recommended in the way that CCleaner is. In fact, my troubles started after I deleted a lot of duplicates found by the free version of Ahshiford duplicate finder/cleaner. and then carried on removing program files etc from the G drive..

ejohnh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Two drives included in system image? - Similar Threads - drives included system

2. Creating a system image forces me to include a non-system drive in the image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a system image forces me to include a non-system drive in the image: When trying to create a system image, the image creator is forcing me to include an entire drive that is not the system drive. It's a storage drive with a few games installed, some music and other data. The only possible system item is a folder called ModifiableWindowsApps...
  3. Creating a system image forces me to include a non-system drive in the image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a system image forces me to include a non-system drive in the image: When trying to create a system image, the image creator is forcing me to include an entire drive that is not the system drive. It's a storage drive with a few games installed, some music and other data. The only possible system item is a folder called ModifiableWindowsApps...
  4. Creating a system image forces me to include a non-system drive in the image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. What is included in Windows system image back up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is included in Windows system image back up?: I am accessing the backup function via the control panel. I have the lastest Windows 10 home edition and is fully updatedI see the following when i click on backup and restore window7when i then go into change settings, I see the following Does choosing 'Let windows choose'...
  6. What is included in Windows system image back up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is included in Windows system image back up?: I am accessing the backup function via the control panel. I have the lastest Windows 10 home edition and is fully updatedI see the following when i click on backup and restore window7when i then go into change settings, I see the following Does choosing 'Let windows choose'...
  7. r drive image system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    r drive image system image: I have never done back ups before so am new to this.I have r image drive and created a system image and saved on to my 2nd hard drive,I created a start up disc and booted up from it to make sure it all worked ok.my question is, the size of used space on my c drive is 59...
  8. Create System Image is including an unwanted drive, Plz Help, Thanx

Create System Image is including an unwanted drive, Plz Help, Thanx: So, I want to backup my C drive with a complete backup of my Win 10 installation through win 10 "create a system image" but it is including a whole other drive that is just used as a space drive for files. This drive was once used as a boot drive so it does have mbr files...
  9. My secondary drive is included (mandatory) in system image backup.Why?

My secondary drive is included (mandatory) in system image backup.Why?: Hi, I want to create a system image of my primary drive (an SSD) on an external 230gb hard drive as backup for any incovenience.. The problem is my other drive (games,movies, photos, etc) is automatically checked as default because "required for Windows to run" among my...
  10. Cannot backup system image to one of two drives

Cannot backup system image to one of two drives: I have two external hard drives, WD-RED 2.0 TB, each is installed in a "Plugable" USB3-SATA-USASP1 SCSI Disk drive plugged into separate USB drives on my Dell Inspiron. (Drives F: and G*Smile The first is a tad full and will no longer fit another system image. So, I wanted to...