Windows 10: Two duplicate user names on windows 10 welcome screen solved

Discus and support Two duplicate user names on windows 10 welcome screen solved in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have had this issue as well, even reinstalled Windows twice with no luck. Uncheckboxing users must enter a user name and password to use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Septamis, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Septamis Win User

Two duplicate user names on windows 10 welcome screen solved

Hey guys, I have had this issue as well, even reinstalled Windows twice with no luck. Uncheckboxing users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" in netplwiz does nothing either.

What you need to do is download this program:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autologon

Its called Autologon and it worked wonders for me!!! Upon booting up Windows, it automatically logs in now and bypasses the duplicate user account completely.

Ensure in netplwiz (start menu, run, type in netplwiz) you un-checkbox or turn off "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"

I also have disabled the auto sign-in option. To do this,

1. Click on Start and Search and select settings

2. Select "Accounts"

3. Select "Sign in Options"

4. Scroll down to where it says "Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart" under Privacy and select OFF.

All this was done on my machine with the Fall Creators Update and works!!

Hope it works for you as well. I spent hours online checking useless advice on the forums -- none of which work. Give this one a try.

:)

Septamis, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Ray60 Win User

Duplicate user name at login

Hello,

I've repeated those steps with the same results. It tries to auto login with a duplicate account first but fails with an incorrect password. When I try the first account and enter the same password I set I log in with no problem. The duplicate account disappears when I disable auto log in. The problem seems to be this second account even when I enter my user name and password it's incorrect? How could that be? It's the same name as the first one it's very confusing.

Thank you.

Ray60, Nov 11, 2018
  3. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Nov 11, 2018
  4. EncinoMan Win User

Duplicate user name at login

Hi,

I am having the exact same problems as Ray60. I have tried the netplwiz 'solution' several times but that has not altered a thing.

When Windows first boots it tells me that my password is incorrect. I then select a duplicate account name that is displayed and enter my pin and I am let in. But when I search for a duplicate account within the Control Panel it does not exist. I have the only account and it is, of course, with administrator's access. What gives?

EncinoMan, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Two duplicate user names on windows 10 welcome screen solved - Similar Threads - duplicate user names

2. Change user folder name by "duplicating" user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change user folder name by "duplicating" user: After buying a new laptop, I had to set up Windows 11. Being my first time setting up a Windows 11 device, I wasn't aware of the fact you were forced to initially create a user tied to your Microsoft account. Because of this, the user folder on my computer is named after my...
  3. Welcome Screen name Windows 10.0.1.19043

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Welcome Screen name Windows 10.0.1.19043: The Welcome Screen name changed to something bizarre. Not sure how it happened. All of the info I have found so far tells me to edit the screen name in Control Panel->User Accounts->User Accounts->select account->Change Name, however "Change Name" is not an option in that...
  4. Welcome Screen name Windows 10.0.1.19043

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome Screen name Windows 10.0.1.19043: The Welcome Screen name changed to something bizarre. Not sure how it happened. All of the info I have found so far tells me to edit the screen name in Control Panel->User Accounts->User Accounts->select account->Change Name, however "Change Name" is not an option in that...
  5. Welcome Screen name Windows 10.0.1.19043

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Duplicate user name in windows login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate user name in windows login: I have two identical names on windows startup. I used Netplwiz and there is only one user in the user accounts panel. How do I eliminate the duplicate name? It was working properly until my system crashed. Now the log-in doesn't work with facial recognition or PIN. I...
  7. Solution to two-duplicate-user-names-on-windows-10-welcome-scr een

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Solution to two-duplicate-user-names-on-windows-10-welcome-scr een: Hey guys, I have had this issue as well, even reinstalled Windows twice with no luck. Uncheckboxing users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" in netplwiz does nothing either. What you need to do is download this program:...
  8. "Duplicate" user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Duplicate" user name: I have two user profiles with similar names, one was created when I upgraded from win 7 to Win 10. The two user names are MAGS and MAGS.000. If I look at the registry, they have identical SID's, except for the rightmost (last) number - MAGS has -500, MAGS.000 has -1000. If...
  9. Duplicate user name at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate user name at login: appeI'm running Widows 10 on my MacBook via Parallels Desktop. When the W10 login screen appears, I get my user name appear and it logs itself in but is declined. Next, my user name is displayed twice and I click the top one and enter my PIN number and I'm logged in. I would...
  10. Stuck on "Welcome to Windows 10" Screen [SOLVED]

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on "Welcome to Windows 10" Screen [SOLVED]: Everytime I click next it freezes and if i click too many times it freezes and restarts the computer and then shortly after Im straight back to the same screen. What did I exactly do and how do i fix it? 53781

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 duplicate login names

2. duplicate login account windows 10

3. autologon windows 10 duplicate username in login