Two explorer.exe processes in task manager

Discus and support Two explorer.exe processes in task manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It has been a month I happen to see two instances of "Explorer.exe" processes running in Task manager. 100%x One explorer was running from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joncenawordlife, Jun 29, 2018.

1. joncenawordlife Win User

It has been a month I happen to see two instances of "Explorer.exe" processes running in Task manager.

100%x

One explorer was running from "C:\Windows\"
    other from "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\"

Properties of both exe reveals same time data and proper ssh values etc.

Defender also says all is clean no virus or malwares.

Googling found some illogical answer that one is for 32bit and other 64bit.

Well I'm certainly not pleased with the answers so decided to ask here.

:)

joncenawordlife, Jun 29, 2018
  2. animal007uk Win User

*SOLVED*Where can I get Task Manager for Windows? NOT process Explorer.

So if you right click on the taskbar you no longer get the option to click on Task Manager as it brings up process Explorer?

animal007uk, Jun 29, 2018
  3. YIN
    Yin Win User
    Dual iexplorer processes???

I would suggest you run process explorer on the machine so you can find out what applications are running.

process explorer shows you more than just task manager

4. tttony Win User

*SOLVED*Where can I get Task Manager for Windows? NOT process Explorer.

In Procces Explorer: Options -> Disable: Replace Task Manager

tttony, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Two explorer.exe processes in task manager - Similar Threads - explorer exe processes

2. Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear.: Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear. It will not stay up long enough to change settings. I tried to restore to an earlier time and it said I probably had a firewall. I disabled it and tried again and it said the same thing. I have Windows 10...
  3. When clicking on Windows Explorer shortcut in start menu Windows cannot access the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When clicking on Windows Explorer shortcut in start menu Windows cannot access the...: Recently I found that When opening the start menu It doesnt open the windows explorer and shows the message Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item for explorer.exe but I can open the explorer...
  4. Internet Explorer crashed yesterday.

Internet Explorer crashed yesterday.: How do I restore IE 11 on Windows 10 home 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/internet-explorer-crashed-yesterday/d8cf021c-e025-4bd4-a6da-d3d4aacb5cb5
  5. Can't access file explorer after Windows 1 Home insider preview build 17692.rs prerelease...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access file explorer after Windows 1 Home insider preview build 17692.rs prerelease...: I can't access file explorer or Control panel since Windows 10 Home insider preview build 17692.rs prerelease fit 180625-162 installed it self. How do I get rid of this update and get control of my machine back? Thank You...
  6. Windows 10 Fonts & explorer text have disappeared after windows update

Windows 10 Fonts & explorer text have disappeared after windows update: Windows updated my PC and has really messed some stuff up. I now only have a limited number of fonts, icons on the desktop are not displaying labels, and when I open the windows explorer window it doesn't display anything. All settings that are not displayed in the modern...
  7. Windows Explorer freezes and closes after i do WINDOWS+D

Windows Explorer freezes and closes after i do WINDOWS+D: Hello, Everytime i click on WINDOWS+D (Or I click on the shortcut from windows toolbar on the right end), my computer freezes and my windows explorer will close and then the screen will unfreeze. Is there any way I can fix this?...
  8. Slow windows explorer and program initialization

Slow windows explorer and program initialization: Hello Everyone, I have a 2015 Dell E5540 with Windows 10 Pro installed (version 1803, build 17134.165) that is fully updated. I recently did a clean install. My problem is the computer is exceptionally slow to load all programs (none or especially slow), it has laggy...
  9. File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files: Hi All, When I double click on an .exe file to install a program, in Windows File Explorer, it takes over a minute to start the installation process. When I use Total Commander to do the same thing, it installs straight away. I've also tried it after disabling my Norton AV...
  10. Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file: I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified...