Windows 10: Two explorer.exe processes in task manager

Discus and support Two explorer.exe processes in task manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It has been a month I happen to see two instances of "Explorer.exe" processes running in Task manager. 100%x One explorer was running from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joncenawordlife, Jun 29, 2018.

1. joncenawordlife Win User

Two explorer.exe processes in task manager

It has been a month I happen to see two instances of "Explorer.exe" processes running in Task manager.

100%x

One explorer was running from "C:\Windows\"
    other from "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\"

Properties of both exe reveals same time data and proper ssh values etc.

Defender also says all is clean no virus or malwares.

Googling found some illogical answer that one is for 32bit and other 64bit.

Well I'm certainly not pleased with the answers so decided to ask here.

:)

joncenawordlife, Jun 29, 2018
  2. animal007uk Win User

*SOLVED*Where can I get Task Manager for Windows? NOT process Explorer.

So if you right click on the taskbar you no longer get the option to click on Task Manager as it brings up process Explorer?

animal007uk, Jun 29, 2018
  3. YIN
    Yin Win User
    Dual iexplorer processes???

I would suggest you run process explorer on the machine so you can find out what applications are running.

process explorer shows you more than just task manager

4. tttony Win User

*SOLVED*Where can I get Task Manager for Windows? NOT process Explorer.

In Procces Explorer: Options -> Disable: Replace Task Manager

tttony, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Two explorer.exe processes in task manager - Similar Threads - explorer exe processes

2. Task manager or any system exe is not supported.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager or any system exe is not supported.: Hi all, I have been facing this issue for a while, I cannot open task manager or run any application as an administrator. I tried searching a solution but it involved sfc scan on cmd as an administrator. Finally, I decided to reset my PC and start new. Just finished...
  3. Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana: I just did a fresh install and update to 1803 Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana And she’ll experience and background host for cortana What can cause this? 114460
  4. Backround Processes being suspended in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backround Processes being suspended in Task Manager: Whats going on do I have a virus on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backround-processes-being-suspended-in-task/6e607239-7565-44c0-919f-0fea06dcdf05"
  5. M.Office Process / Task Manager

in Microsoft Office and 365
    M.Office Process / Task Manager: Hello everyone. I recently start having a problem which I believe is related to a process... I'm not an expert at all, usually I go on forums and I can fix stuff by myself by reading and studying other people's similar problems. But this time I couldn't find anything like...
  6. Process from all users in task manager

Process from all users in task manager: Hi, Is there an option to view processes from all users in the windows 10 task manager(an option which I use most of the times when I was in 7)? As you can see in the screenshot below, this one is a PC with 2 GB RAM, but 85% of it is already in use, making it laggy. When I...
  7. Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe

Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe: I am trying to repair my Win 10, that newly became so slow, in Chrome browsing and startup, by limiting unnecessary startup programs. I found a "Program" program and did some research about it and decided to remove it from my PC. But it could not be displayed in add/remove...
  8. How to use Process Explorer, MS's free, supercharged Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to use Process Explorer, MS's free, supercharged Task Manager: This powerful utility makes the built-in Task Manager obsolete. If you’ve been using Windows for a while, there’s a good chance you’ve had to use the built-in Task Manager at some point or another. Whether it’s to kill a frozen process, track down some nasty malware, or...
  9. Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager: As the title: I noticed Windows startup was slow, so I wanted to disable some startup apps, and noticed there are 2 Windows host process (Rundll32) - each of them has Startup impact: medium Is one of them a malware? 69586
  10. Task Manager - Memory Compression Process?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager - Memory Compression Process?: Hello, In my main system I have a process going that I don't understand. I have 2 computers sitting side by side and when I located this anomaly in my main system, I checked my 2nd system and it showed a different set of information. I will post the screen snaps here...